three west
PPCGeeks Regular

three west is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Question time for something new

hey folks,

so I could use some expert opinion. My TP2 has arguably been the best phone I've ever had. I didn't think I'd like another phone as much as my trusty Kyocera 7135, but this TP2 is great. That said, its showing its age now. I thought I'd hold out for a WP7 device, but am now strongly considering moving to android. I think the WP7 devices are just too locked down for me to be happy with them for now. Maybe in another couple years I'll jump back, but I think I see anroid in my future.

One of my favorite features of WM was activesync and its ability to toggle what it would sync. I sync to an exchange server at work, and to my PC at home. I work in the office 80% of the time, and loved how I could just toggle the email sync off with about 4 taps on my TP2 while maintaining calendar, contact, & task sync. I tried out a blackberry, and returned it after 3 weeks because of the inability to turn my work email OFF. If its the weekend I don't want to be seeing any new message notifications, cause if I saw them, I'd HAVE to check them!
I'm unclear exactly how this will work on android.

I thought I pretty much had to have a physical keyboard, so that was one of the reasons I went with the TP2. I think now I'm ready to try a phone without a keyboard. I don't use the keyboard that much and I think as long as I got a larger screen phone I'd be OK without it.

so right now I'm thinking I'd like to try the Droid X2, with some consideration for the Thunderbolt. I live no where near a 4G area, and am not real keen on paying extra for a data plan that I cannot use. I plan to stick with Verizon, as ATT in my area sucks, and those are the only two choices.

I dig the car mounts & docking station available for the X(2)

HTC has bought a little loyalty from me since the TP2 has been so good, but before this I had a MotoQ which was a good little device. If you're a samsung person make your case below.

and does either/both phones have a notification LED? Seems strange, but I don't see mention of it for either device and that's something I like.

can I stealth wi-fi tether with both? I'm not sure the tbolt has been unlocked yet? does that matter?

I could do without the ability to sync to outlook 2007 to my home PC, but would miss it a little. The exchange sync is not negotiable.

about the only thing the tbolt probably has going for it is the 4G, which isn't available anywhere nearby, and likely won't be for a while.

If there was a solid release date on the bionic, or whatever they call it, or replace it with, I might consider waiting, but right now I'm not sure I'm willing to wait for an undetermined time.

what say you fellow ppcgeeks?

Last edited by three west; 06-15-2011 at 04:13 PM.