PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ToucH
Carrier: Sprint

ScandaLex is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ScandaLex Send a message via Yahoo to ScandaLex
Re: Touch or Mogul, undecisive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyMogulIsBetta View Post
I had purchased the Touch in November of last year and have been trying for MONTHS to return it and swap it out. I ended up changing it out for the mogul which I love. The HTC Touch has a software glitch which does not allow the phone to notify you of incoming calls, texts, emails, etc... once it goes into sleep mode. Of course they don't know if and when an update will be released so it's a brick. ALSO, the battery ont he HTC Touch does not hold a charge, because the phone is so small and runs so many programs. It was so bad that like, I would take it off the charger at 8 AM and not be on it ALLLL DAY at all while at work and at 4:30 the phone would be powering off because the battery had drained. I know two other people with the TOuch that are having hte same problem. ALSO, you will get sick of not having a keyboard, because the keyboard/input options they have on the Touch such and unless you have fingers the size of a newborn baby it's crap!! Stick with the Mogul dude.... you'll be glad u did
The Mogul does the exact same thing. This forum is chock full of threads on the subject. A lot of us got the Touch thru exchange via eCare because the Mogul was junk. Also, the problems with both the Mogul and Touch do no manifest itself right away.... usually on day 31- 1 day after the 30 day exchange is no longer valid. There are a few in which it took a little longer.

To those of you who have a flawless Mogul/Touch..... just wait. It wont last.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

RobNyc is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RobNyc Send a message via Yahoo to RobNyc Send a message via Skype™ to RobNyc
Re: Touch or Mogul, undecisive!

well I have the touch .. its just good to do whatever you want without worrying about memory.. the only thing would be nice for me is flash on the camera (For night time), and hard keyboard .. oh wait and better battery life
i bought a mogul so i will see if the battery lasts better and all that other stuff

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison