PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 05:43 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My TP2 sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
after a couple hours with my iPad and it's instant access to all apps, my phone became a huge duce in my mind.
go back to 6.1/2.1 rom. stock roms just aren't optimized to run 2.5 well on our hardware.
or turn off sense and go with mobile shell, much less of a memory hog and more functional.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

sounds like you need to carry a laptop or a netbook. 600-1000 emails a day??
Old 05-17-2010, 05:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

jbonilla is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
@necrophagist: IRL invading my thread? it's more likely than you think. I believe that I'm going to spend a beautiful day not going to that show. Have you been on http://text.returntothepit.com? does the size of the fonts/qik reply get all messed up? WTF is up with that? I have this teeeeeeeny tiny textarea and HUGE forum lettering. the TP didn't do that with PIE.
Try installing IE Toggle. It allows you to run Internet Explorer as PIE (like it was with the earlier Windows Mobile versions) instead of Internet Explorer 6 Mobile. Basically you'll get back the older PIE which I like better for certain websites, but you'll still be able to use the new IE6 if you need to. Just click on IE Toggle and select PIE from the menu. Not sure if this will help but PIE seems to handle fonts better for me.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1260231920
Old 05-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbonilla View Post
Try installing IE Toggle. It allows you to run Internet Explorer as PIE (like it was with the earlier Windows Mobile versions) instead of Internet Explorer 6 Mobile. Basically you'll get back the older PIE which I like better for certain websites, but you'll still be able to use the new IE6 if you need to. Just click on IE Toggle and select PIE from the menu. Not sure if this will help but PIE seems to handle fonts better for me.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...9&d=1260231920
<3!!!!!
Old 05-17-2010, 12:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

Quote:
after a couple hours with my iPad and it's instant access to all apps, my phone became a huge duce in my mind.
If I had to type a tenth as many emails and texts as you say you do on a freaking iPad, I'd hang myself.

To say nothing of dragging that ridiculous thing around with me everywhere...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

You don't need to get a different phone. It's not the phone that's sucking, it's the friggin ROM. Stock 6.5 ROMS regardless if it's Sprint or VZW, they just plain suck. Stock 6.1 ROM's are better ...well IMO. Not everyone will experience these issues with the 6.5 ROM, it just depends on what they're doing with it and what software they have installed. For me, I'm avoiding the stock 6.5 upgrade. Way too much trouble if you ask me. Some of you can argue that "oh 6.5 works just fine for me, it's a good ROM" , but it doesn't fix the problems other people are having pain and simple. Stock 6.5 is a buggy piece of s***. I wouldn't use that thing if it were the only other ROM available period. Too many things that either don't work, or run excessively slow. If you want it to work right, try flashing a different ROM. I would say SSK, but I think that is only for Verizon. Again, you don't have to go out and buy a new phone. Kill the AV software somehow and unlock. If you're on Vista, that can sometimes be quite a task because built-in stuff often blocks the HSPL. Just disabling it sometimes don't even work. All I say is do what you can, or at least try to. Yeah, I wish there were a different unlocker, but that is all that's available.

Also, as a temporary fix, try disabling TF3D. TF3D is actually Sense, or manilla. Don't know why all the names. Go into Today Screen config and uncheck the TouchFlo3D check box. I know it doesn't look real nice, but it should solve your call lag problems, among other things.
Old 05-17-2010, 05:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
If I had to type a tenth as many emails and texts as you say you do on a freaking iPad, I'd hang myself.

To say nothing of dragging that ridiculous thing around with me everywhere...
ROTFL, I agree 100%.

~John
Old 05-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Thread should be "Most TP2's suck". Some are decent, but the crap refurbs get annoying

Don't click me
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
ok, which rom is better? I like the HTC sense UI 2.5.x
I've looked for instructions and none of the ones I found on mightyrom and energyrom seem to be concrete. I want specific directions to get my phone working on sprint without fail. I'm on call all the time, if my phone doesn't work, the fines from it can be around $60K.
yo same thing for me on call at least 6 to 8 times a month. I need my phone to work. currently i am on sprint running plutonium 6.5.x I gotta say from stock to running mightys my own energys. and like almost all made on here for cdma. vins is best my phones every run. So unlock that shit . then task 29 then flash a custom. If you need a hand or a walk through ill help ya. i got my install files all ready on my sd. i could copy for ya and rapid em .holla at me in a pm.

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 05-17-2010, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron
Ipad is actually very cool. Too bad its locked down with apple restrictions.Oh... and expensive keyboard less laptop with no cd bay. hehe

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison