PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 04:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cd85233 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My TP2 sucks

Didnt read all the posts, but I'd just recommend get Calukins kitchen and build a 21056 rom with the basics and 2.1. I did this and I finally have ROM I really like and runs really well to my likings...of course that is because I made it!
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
If I had to type a tenth as many emails and texts as you say you do on a freaking iPad, I'd hang myself.

To say nothing of dragging that ridiculous thing around with me everywhere...
I played with one at best buy since I was there and I made 3 typos just trying to type in a web address.

Old 05-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Thread should be "Most TP2's suck". Some are decent, but the crap refurbs get annoying
yet you admit that you are breaking your phone by the way you carry it. if you are willingly doing damage to your phone, then you are gonna have to deal with "crappy refurbs".
Old 05-18-2010, 10:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: MightyROM FF TP2

rodbac is just getting started

Quote:
I played with one at best buy since I was there and I made 3 typos just trying to type in a web address.
I had a similar experience. Virtual keyboards really suck in general IMO, and wrt to the iPad, I think it's almost worse having it larger- the lack of physical keys is easier to deal with when you're just poking with your thumbs because your hands are anchored relative to the keyboard (to the sides of the phone). That's not the case with the iPad, and it makes it an absolute nightmare to type on.

Of course, it's Apple's new shiney, so you know there are going to be a million or five that will do whatever is required of them by Apple to own the fashion statement, and will claim whatever disadvantages or limitations the device places on them don't matter, or are actually advantages (I've read reviews that claimed the lack of multitasking is actually a plus, for gawd's sake).
Old 05-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

ok, even with all my txts cleared out and sprint lover's rom, it sucks.

I just got a phone call. I'm looking at the home screen and it's not going to the phone screen. I have to slide the phone open and then close it get it to go to the phone screen. This last time I didn't do that, I just slide my finger to the side on the main Home screen and it had the ignore/answer slider pop up over the home screen and slide to ignore.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodbac View Post
I had a similar experience. Virtual keyboards really suck in general IMO, and wrt to the iPad, I think it's almost worse having it larger- the lack of physical keys is easier to deal with when you're just poking with your thumbs because your hands are anchored relative to the keyboard (to the sides of the phone). That's not the case with the iPad, and it makes it an absolute nightmare to type on.

Of course, it's Apple's new shiney, so you know there are going to be a million or five that will do whatever is required of them by Apple to own the fashion statement, and will claim whatever disadvantages or limitations the device places on them don't matter, or are actually advantages (I've read reviews that claimed the lack of multitasking is actually a plus, for gawd's sake).
I love my iPad. it is much easier typing on it with the large kb than the small one (when vertical).
Old 05-26-2010, 02:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try Timberwolfs V8.3 rom.

Its by far the most stable and fastest rom I have ever experience and I havn't had any glitches with it best thing about it is everything works out of the box.

Half through the day I run Clean ram and clear temp and the phones battery is at 46% after 9 hours of usage

Ive been using it for I think 2 weeks now.

Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

link? cleanram is a scam. all it does is close all the programs that I'm using.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
link? cleanram is a scam. all it does is close all the programs that I'm using.
lol what?! a scam?! number one its free so not sure how theyre "scamming" you, number two it does more than that. read up on it and learn what it does before you make ignorant comments such as that one
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:33 AM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

since you use your phone for work...ever tried just leaving it on the stock rom? so you don't run the risk of getting fined 60K?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Phone Comparison