PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 12:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Guide to Install TouchFLO 2D on the Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by housej55 View Post
All I can say JumpMan is Thanks for taking the time to put this out there.
couldn't have said it better. great job on the post!!=D>
Old 09-20-2009, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

JuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good workJuMpMaN6235 is keeping up the good work

Hey thanks guys.. my pro has been collecting dust since i started using the pre.. but i just now checked the updates section and i see a lot more developments since i left... i might have to dust off my pro and use it sometimes.. but i still love the pre
Old 09-20-2009, 02:14 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

WOPR is just getting started
Cool Re: Guide to Install TouchFLO 2D on the Treo Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman.larry0 View Post
is there a app that i can add personal weather locations on manilow tochflo 2d?
Quote:
Originally Posted by budney View Post
Not that I have found. I tried the US cities cab that conflipper and crew did, and the xml file but it didn't work. Hopefully koolcdj69 can incorporate it in his version.
Here we go guys, found some info for all of us:

Instructions for adding custom city to Touchflo 2D:
  • We need to edit the list of city data
  • It is located at MyDevice/Windows/HH_0409_WeatherCities
  • You simply edit this file with Notes, but before you do, we need your city code!
  • To get your city code, visit AccuWeather.com Mobile and enter your desired city's zip code
  • The city code will be in the url. For my city, the url is http://www.accuweather.com/m/en-us/N...uick-Look.aspx
  • The needed portion of this url particular is the NAM/US/FL/Melbourne bit
  • Using this data, we simply add another entry into the WeatherCities file, following the format observed from the existing cities
  • My custom entry looked like this:
    <city name="Melbourne, FL" loca="NAM|US|FL|Melbourne" land="United States "/>
  • The most interesting thing is that the "city name" field can be anything you so desire. Only the code must be accurate. (see attached)

Hope this helps!

BTW - real credit goes to Imyman and thimiost over at xda. Following their guidance, I was able to do this. You can view their posts here and here.

Also note: As mentioned below, you cannot edit the file with ONLY the Notes program. I myself used Resco File Explorer to open the WeatherCities file with Notes - but it seems you can not open the file with Notes directly. Please contribute your workarounds if any are found, thanks!

UPDATE: A workaround to using Resco can be found in this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CustomWeather.jpg (65.0 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by WOPR; 09-26-2009 at 03:06 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 01:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by estuardo View Post
Hello,

I'm not a genius, but I have this problem solved copying all the files on the "Step Two" folder that is part of the multi part install solution posted on the xda-developer.com site. It seems that this folder contains one or several files that fixes the problem. I really didn't test all the files one by one, just copied all of them to the Windows folder and problem solved.

Please let me know if it worked for any of you.

gb
i wish i cud thank u a hundred times.
what i did was follow the original instructions from jumpman. then noticed the cut off part like everyone else.
followed estuardo's instructions afterwards....
VIOLLA...looks flawless now..kudos 'geeker=D>

addition: hey, i noticed s2u2 doesnt "stay on". has anyone else noticed this?? and/or found a reso to use s2u2 with the manila?? TIA

Last edited by skeegcpp; 09-20-2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gorman.larry0 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to gorman.larry0 Send a message via Yahoo to gorman.larry0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
Here we go guys, found some info for all of us:

Instructions for adding custom city to Touchflo 2D:
  • We need to edit the list of city data
  • It is located at MyDevice/Windows/HH_0409_WeatherCities
  • You simply edit this file with Notes, but before you do, we need your city code!
  • To get your city code, visit AccuWeather.com Mobile and enter your desired city's zip code
  • The city code will be in the url. For my city, the url is http://www.accuweather.com/m/en-us/N...uick-Look.aspx
  • The needed portion of this url particular is the NAM/US/FL/Melbourne bit
  • Using this data, we simply add another entry into the WeatherCities file, following the format observed from the existing cities
  • My custom entry looked like this:
    <city name="Melbourne, FL" loca="NAM|US|FL|Melbourne" land="United States "/>
  • The most interesting thing is that the "city name" field can be anything you so desire. Only the code must be accurate. (see attached)

Hope this helps!

BTW - real credit goes to Imyman and thimiost over at xda. Following their guidance, I was able to do this. You can view their posts here and here.
how do i edit that file with notes??
Old 09-21-2009, 09:27 AM
Lurker

WOPR is just getting started

Quote:
how do i edit that file with notes??
oh, my oversight! I used Resco File Explorer to open the file in notes. In Rescoe, you can select a file and select an "open with" command, then simply select notes.

You can get a Resco File Explorer Trial here - or if someone else has a suggestion as to how to edit the file, please contribute!
Old 09-21-2009, 11:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

davidck65 is becoming a great contributor
Using SecondToday with TouchFlo 2D

For anyone interested, I was able to set up SecondToday with TouchFlo 2D. I have it set up so TouchFlo is the default screen but by clicking by left softkey labeled Today I can switch to my original today screen that uses SPB PocketPlus with Weatherpanel on the home screen. If I want to go back to TouchFlo I click on my left softkey labeled Manila 2D. This gives me the benefits of TouchFlo but still gives me access to PocketPlus and Weatherpanel. I am then also to still utilize all of my previous Today plugins. See attached screenshots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Image1.jpg (168.4 KB, 60 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Image2.jpg (206.3 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Alltel

gorman.larry0 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to gorman.larry0 Send a message via Yahoo to gorman.larry0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPR View Post
oh, my oversight! I used Resco File Explorer to open the file in notes. In Rescoe, you can select a file and select an "open with" command, then simply select notes.

You can get a Resco File Explorer Trial here - or if someone else has a suggestion as to how to edit the file, please contribute!
is there any other software that does what the Resco File Ecploror does?? o guess i already used to trial version up...
Old 09-24-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

davidck65 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
is there any other software that does what the Resco File Ecploror does?? o guess i already used to trial version up...
Try fexploreext.cab

Here are some of the features:
Some of the new fatures :
*Resizable header for easy sorting by file name, date of last modification or size
*Tree view of folders; you can now jump easily from a location to any other on your device in one step
*Show extension option for those who ask themselves the same question I do: “What type of file is this?
*Icon view that enables the display of files as icons similar to your desktop computer
*Real time image preview; now you don’t have to open several files in order to send the one you desire
*Open with Program allows you easily select an application to open the specific file you select (useful in case you don’t have the correct file associations or when you want Album app to open your images instead of Windows default picture viewer.
*File property context menu for easy renaming and attribute changing
*Open all executables with Parameters in case you need a special parameter when launching an application
*Sending shortcut to Programs for instant shortcut creation of executables placed directly in Programs folder in Start Menu

http://rapidshare.com/files/170803312/fexploreext.CAB

PS: You could also try Total Commander

Last edited by davidck65; 09-24-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: PS
Old 09-26-2009, 04:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro...a sexy one

LoDown3 is just getting started
Re: Using SecondToday with TouchFlo 2D

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidck65 View Post
For anyone interested, I was able to set up SecondToday with TouchFlo 2D. I have it set up so TouchFlo is the default screen but by clicking by left softkey labeled Today I can switch to my original today screen that uses SPB PocketPlus with Weatherpanel on the home screen. If I want to go back to TouchFlo I click on my left softkey labeled Manila 2D. This gives me the benefits of TouchFlo but still gives me access to PocketPlus and Weatherpanel. I am then also to still utilize all of my previous Today plugins. See attached screenshots.
whoa...pretty neat homie. Of course ppl are interested! (or at least me), did you cab a way to do that? Or just figure it out by playing around with registry?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro