PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2006, 04:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottlikefiyah
Well I spoke with Retentions and I got an additional 10% on top of my corporate discount and unlimited text messages for 8 dollars for two years. They offered me the 700p, 6700, and the I 830 (but i would have to pay 50 dollars for the 830). And she also said this would be resolved in 30 days or less
Its already been 39 days..lol

50 bucks for the 830? I may inquire about that...If this IS fixed w/in 30 days I can always come back
Old 11-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Lurker

hottlikefiyah is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmannyc
Quote:
Well I spoke with Retentions and I got an additional 10% on top of my corporate discount and unlimited text messages for 8 dollars for two years. They offered me the 700p, 6700, and the I 830 (but i would have to pay 50 dollars for the 830). And she also said this would be resolved in 30 days or less

50 bucks for the 830? I may inquire about that...If this IS fixed w/in 30 days I can always come back
I meant to upgrade to the I830 meaning you would have to send them your 700wx
Old 11-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Retired Staff

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha I know, still a good deal. AKU 2.6 too. No wifi or camera though. Decisions, decisions...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

vman51 is a n00b
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha I know, still a good deal. AKU 2.6 too. No wifi or camera though. Decisions, decisions...
id pass...i dont travel outside of the US enough to warrant a dual cdma/gsm device...plus, the battery life must be horrid on it..

ill wait the wait...theres plenty of workarounds to this, but its still annoying
Old 11-09-2006, 06:37 PM
Lurker

hottlikefiyah is a n00b
Yea I love my camera I wish the ppc 6800 had been released I would have gotten that
Old 11-09-2006, 08:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

wouldya is a n00b
Dont know how credible this is, but on Sprintusers.com someone is claiming they spoke to Palm/Sprint and a patch is said to be released at the end of Nov, which is such an unacceptable timeframe in my point of view.

But in the meantime, has anyone had any luck with putting in the full address of the intended phone you are trying to text? It's working right now with a friend of mine on Verizon.

just add @vtext.com to the phone number (for verizon, duh) or @tmomail.com for tmobile, etc.... in the Text Messages account of the messaging app and it will go through.

Incoming messages are treated like emails, and the double display of the SMS is just the "Subject" and "Message" fields with the same information in them.

ok, so Verizon uses phonenumber@vtext.com
and T-Mo uses phonenumber@tmomail.com

and to ease the pain of typing in all the addresses when i want to send an SMS, i saved my most common texters in contacts (phonenumber@vtext.com) as an email address and then selected under the options, Address tab, In Contacts, get email addresses from - "All email fields"

Then when you type a contact name, select the "@vtext.com" or "@tmomail.com" address and send the text.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

joecollins2 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to joecollins2
The @vtext.com works for sure, just tested it!!!!!

I talked to Palm today and they said they expidited this issue and said to check palm.com often for a downloadable update. They said they hoped for it to be in the next week. We'll see though. In the mean time I'll deal with typing @vtext.com
Old 11-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Retired Staff

It's a bookmark here and @ work, and I must check it 40 times/day

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/treo700wxsprint/
Old 11-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro
Threadstarter

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Engadget Story (finally!)

"Is there trouble in paradise? In a story that's been developing for a few weeks now, it seems that at least some of Sprint's Treo 700wx user base has been stripped of its ability to send SMS messages to Verizon and T-Mobile customers. Now, we would never take the conspiracy theorist route (that's not true, by the way) and accuse Sprint of purposefully hosing outbound text messages to its bigger CDMA rival Verizon, but it does seem like a huge, inexplicable, and unacceptable screwup of epic proportions. For its part, Sprint is promising a fix by the end of November (feel free to take your time, fellas) but in the meantime, rumor has it that affected customers can call up Sprint and get some sort of compensation for their troubles."

[Thanks to everyone who sent this in]

(source)
Old 11-12-2006, 11:49 AM
X Communicated User
Pocket PC: IPHONE 4

pzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on reppzztgotbagz is halfway to VIP status based on rep
i perfer this link as it shows software updates

http://www.palm.com/us/support/treo/...downloads.html

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX