PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
place the .cab in any folder on ur ppc, navigate to it with file explorer on ur ppc, tap the .cab file and it will install. hope this helps.
~mike

Old 11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Time and date can be had with lvmtime
enjoy

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=260441
Old 11-19-2006, 06:28 PM
What I do is a Lou Thang
Pocket PC: Incredibl / Bold
Carrier: Verizon

wowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwowthatisrandom is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wowthatisrandom Send a message via MSN to wowthatisrandom Send a message via Yahoo to wowthatisrandom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treo_newb
Time and date can be had with lvmtime
enjoy
thanks my friend just asked me if this was possible
Old 11-20-2006, 09:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Treo_newb is a n00b
There are a few setting that can be changed---Directions how to get there
lvmtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have a clock on your top bar drawn by the system, just go to Start->Settings->Today->Items, select LVMTime and click Settings.
On the first tab (General) there is an option to deactivate taskbar clock (the one my plugin draws, not the system one).

Alternatively, if you installed my plugin for the taskbar capability and no longer need it you can just uncheck it in items, then uninstall it through Settings->System->Remove programs.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
I had tried this once and it didn't work for me and I just decided to try it again as I am writing a FAQ and just now noticed that you have to disable the lookup field. I didn't do this last time and so I did it now and it worked perfectly, at least probably as perfectly as it's supposed to.

Is there any way to modify this so it doesn't require the lookup field to be hidden. I rather like the lookup field but would like to gain the extra space by removing the carrier logo that has absolutely no use to us at all.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearxor
I had tried this once and it didn't work for me and I just decided to try it again as I am writing a FAQ and just now noticed that you have to disable the lookup field. I didn't do this last time and so I did it now and it worked perfectly, at least probably as perfectly as it's supposed to.

Is there any way to modify this so it doesn't require the lookup field to be hidden. I rather like the lookup field but would like to gain the extra space by removing the carrier logo that has absolutely no use to us at all.
I don't see what the difference is between hiding it and having it always visible e.g. the program still works either way.

What's the benefit to having it just sit there on the screen when not in use?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

Bearxor is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malatesta
Quote:

I don't see what the difference is between hiding it and having it always visible e.g. the program still works either way.

What's the benefit to having it just sit there on the screen when not in use?
Personal preference. I don't like things popping in/out of my today screen. In this case, when I start typing a name/number the carrier logo + lookup field pop back in the screen and if I change my mind and don't call the person and delete the number, I then need to move my highlight off of the lookup field or it stays on there (carrier logo too).

I've just never been happy with WM today screen refresh at all and rather than worry about things coming or going or needing updated I'd prefer just have it on there and not have to deal with it. Pretty much the reason I never hid the lookup field to begin with.

I'm going to give it a legitimate chance and run it for a few a week or so and see how I feel. I could always change my mind, but the 3 seconds or so that it SOMETIMES takes messaging to change my email from '3 unread messages' to 'no unread messages' irritates the crap out of me. It's not a 700 problem either, it's behaved that way on every WM device I've used. Doesn't mean I have to like it .

EDIT: Same reason I don't use agile messenger anymore. It's today screen refreshes are horrendous.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Moderator/WMExperts Staff
Pocket PC: Pure, TP2, Snap, Ozone, Intrepid,Treo Pro

Malatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMalatesta is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Fair enough.

Though I have to admit I've had no issue with it redrawing.

You'll also notice it automatically re-hides itself after a phone call, so there is no need to re-highlight that field, push the up arrow etc. When you end the call, it just goes back to normal and rather quickly too.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:37 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
I haven't had issues with refreshes either. But yeah, the app is directly related to the Hide Lookup Field, apparently the Carrier Logo is tied to it too so by hiding the lookup field is the only known way to make it disappear.

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-22-2006, 01:11 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

mavick is a n00b
Quote:

the look up field and the logo are one plugin. when you hide it it all hides

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Palm Treo 700W/WX