PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i910
Carrier: Verizon

GoldenSpartan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers, Please Sticky

Thanks for posting it over here as well, ive been following progress over at mobi-files. Still waiting on my pre to arrive in the mail.... cant wait!
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: verizon

mikus is a n00b

Hi All,

I'm trying to bring my pre over to verizon, and I'm having some issues with qxdm rewriting the spc. Per the guide, i found the reference at 0x00A5C2AA, but when I rewrite it to zeros, it shows as taken, but I still can't issue the command "spc 000000" without it barking incorrect. I've read it takes some shenanigans to get esn/meid's to rewrite, but I haven't really seen any issues with just the spc writing. What am I doing wrong here?

Currently the spc comes back:

30 36 32 33 32 31

Then I change to:

30 30 30 30 30 30

... and it comes back 000000 when I recheck, but always comes back incorrect with. I rebooted the phone, and it then referenced the original spc once again reverting. What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing something else to get it to change in NVram somehow?

Also, as far as the PRL's, I'm pulling the latest PRL from corolada.com for verizon, but do I simply need only the "edge" list, or the "non-edge" list as well? The very latest are not a link, and I'm not certain how to reference the "latest" number or add to the prl. Would someone be so good to clarify a bit?

Other than those caveats, this is a great help indeed - thanks a bunch for sharing!
Old 08-28-2009, 06:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre
Carrier: verizon

mikus is a n00b

So I figured out my own issue. Editing the memory direct did not make the settings actually take effect in the end. I had to actually go to QXDM's NV Editor, and first modify item 296, set to "1", rebooted, and then changed in NV Editor item 85 to be the SPC of 000000. Doing so immediately let me validate with the command "spc 000000", and confirmed with a reboot of the system it held. I'm not certain a reboot was necessary once I changed item 296 to 1, so this may actually be optional. I'll be doing another in a day or so, and I'll find out then.

I'd suggest updating your guide to reflect this for other newbies, or at least get some other input on success as instructions sit now. I had little success with steps as-is, and spent considerable time figuring out a work-arounds for the spc issue. Not sure how consistent my experience is with others' hardware.

Hey, thanks again for a great guide and for generously posting these tidbits of knowledge. Today has definitely been a learning experience. Hopefully verizon won't have any beef with adding the meid/esn, so onto data tomorrow...
Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2
Carrier: Sprint

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor

wow nice post is all I have to say!

very nice post!
Old 08-30-2009, 01:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor

i forogt to mention just wondering if anyone has tried doing this so they can still have and use the palm pre with any current sprint rate plan!?

just an idea or will sprint some how notice
Old 08-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_187 View Post
i forogt to mention just wondering if anyone has tried doing this so they can still have and use the palm pre with any current sprint rate plan!?

just an idea or will sprint some how notice
i'm guessing they'll notice unless you clone the esn to a different phone. The Pre's esn on sprint will only default to Everything plans.

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
Old 09-15-2009, 08:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre/ Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

adactuslatem is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikus View Post
Hi All,

I'm trying to bring my pre over to verizon, and I'm having some issues with qxdm rewriting the spc. Per the guide, i found the reference at 0x00A5C2AA, but when I rewrite it to zeros, it shows as taken, but I still can't issue the command "spc 000000" without it barking incorrect. I've read it takes some shenanigans to get esn/meid's to rewrite, but I haven't really seen any issues with just the spc writing. What am I doing wrong here?

Currently the spc comes back:

30 36 32 33 32 31

Then I change to:

30 30 30 30 30 30

... and it comes back 000000 when I recheck, but always comes back incorrect with. I rebooted the phone, and it then referenced the original spc once again reverting. What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing something else to get it to change in NVram somehow?

Also, as far as the PRL's, I'm pulling the latest PRL from corolada.com for verizon, but do I simply need only the "edge" list, or the "non-edge" list as well? The very latest are not a link, and I'm not certain how to reference the "latest" number or add to the prl. Would someone be so good to clarify a bit?

Other than those caveats, this is a great help indeed - thanks a bunch for sharing!
What version of WebOS did you flash to? I wrote the guide for xxrakes 1.03. All memory locations are from that version and do not work in other versions. Change the SPC in either cdma workshop or QPST, so much easier. As for the prl, you will have to find one appropriate to your area. Look at another verizon phone and see what prl it uses. As the pre is neither an "edge" or "non-edge" phone it doesn't matter. The prl is to get the pre to use verizon's network so you can program it for voice and sms.
______
Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A
Old 09-19-2009, 06:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Metro

ichigo117 is just getting started

I really want to understand this lol. I read it a bunch of times, about to get a pre and try to get metro pcs on it. I hope this works. It seems way to much for me. But i was able to do my TP...we'll see!!
Old 09-20-2009, 07:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

won't the carriers know you are bringing a non supported phone onto their network and complain about it?
Old 09-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Metro

ichigo117 is just getting started

as far as i know. they don't. Especially MetroPCS, hell those guys will even help get it onto their networks.

PS. The Palm Profile screen is a ***** to get by, even following those steps, i am having problems getting pass it.

Question, since i only see WPA settings for Andriod, is there a way to keep the Linux based webos?
Do i have to find the WPA settings for Linux?

Also, how can i activate/bypass that Palm Pre Screen on a windows PC, on a mac i know this is much easier, but i am having a problem getting pass this bypass screen, even with following the instructions.
Any help would be aprreciated

Last edited by ichigo117; 09-21-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Other Devices > WebOS > WebOS Devices > Palm Pre