View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 06:15 AM
mikus
Lurker

mikus is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers, Please Sticky

So I figured out my own issue. Editing the memory direct did not make the settings actually take effect in the end. I had to actually go to QXDM's NV Editor, and first modify item 296, set to "1", rebooted, and then changed in NV Editor item 85 to be the SPC of 000000. Doing so immediately let me validate with the command "spc 000000", and confirmed with a reboot of the system it held. I'm not certain a reboot was necessary once I changed item 296 to 1, so this may actually be optional. I'll be doing another in a day or so, and I'll find out then.

I'd suggest updating your guide to reflect this for other newbies, or at least get some other input on success as instructions sit now. I had little success with steps as-is, and spent considerable time figuring out a work-arounds for the spc issue. Not sure how consistent my experience is with others' hardware.

Hey, thanks again for a great guide and for generously posting these tidbits of knowledge. Today has definitely been a learning experience. Hopefully verizon won't have any beef with adding the meid/esn, so onto data tomorrow...