Threadstarter

adactuslatem is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Palm Pre Comprehensive Guide for switching carriers, Please Sticky

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikus View Post
Hi All,

I'm trying to bring my pre over to verizon, and I'm having some issues with qxdm rewriting the spc. Per the guide, i found the reference at 0x00A5C2AA, but when I rewrite it to zeros, it shows as taken, but I still can't issue the command "spc 000000" without it barking incorrect. I've read it takes some shenanigans to get esn/meid's to rewrite, but I haven't really seen any issues with just the spc writing. What am I doing wrong here?

Currently the spc comes back:

30 36 32 33 32 31

Then I change to:

30 30 30 30 30 30

... and it comes back 000000 when I recheck, but always comes back incorrect with. I rebooted the phone, and it then referenced the original spc once again reverting. What am I doing wrong? Should I be doing something else to get it to change in NVram somehow?

Also, as far as the PRL's, I'm pulling the latest PRL from corolada.com for verizon, but do I simply need only the "edge" list, or the "non-edge" list as well? The very latest are not a link, and I'm not certain how to reference the "latest" number or add to the prl. Would someone be so good to clarify a bit?

Other than those caveats, this is a great help indeed - thanks a bunch for sharing!
What version of WebOS did you flash to? I wrote the guide for xxrakes 1.03. All memory locations are from that version and do not work in other versions. Change the SPC in either cdma workshop or QPST, so much easier. As for the prl, you will have to find one appropriate to your area. Look at another verizon phone and see what prl it uses. As the pre is neither an "edge" or "non-edge" phone it doesn't matter. The prl is to get the pre to use verizon's network so you can program it for voice and sms.
______
Speed at 70Mph using MyTether using Alltel Hybrid Rev A