PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2009, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Lioryte Base Native 23414+Beta mortscript 158MB free

so this is a vanilla rom with nothing added?
if im just getting the omnia would this be a good first rom for me?
what are you guys installing afterwards (especially you lioryte)?
is your free memory still higher than other roms after you have installed everything else?
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte
Re: Lioryte Base Native 23609+Beta mortscript 151MB free

Build 23609 released
Old 09-22-2009, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Lioryte Base 23609+Beta mortscript 151MB free

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonaomnia View Post
Oh, good lord....I just finished getting all of my settings and apps set up. So much for work productivity today. What are the changes?

Also, I have to say that I LOVE your ROM!

Would you consider XDA_UC?
Only after I buy a storage card, until than it is useless to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
Wow...23609! I'm still on 23049
Get to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
23609 is an LG build and from what I hear there is almost no difference from 23414.
Yes I don't see that many changes I just had to see if I can build it...
I was hoping for a 23414 with the nicer task bar...But the contacts menu is very nice, every event/ number/ address has its own icon I really like it
Old 09-22-2009, 04:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Re: Lioryte Base Native 23414+Beta mortscript 158MB free

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmeto View Post
so this is a vanilla rom with nothing added?
if im just getting the omnia would this be a good first rom for me?
what are you guys installing afterwards (especially you lioryte)?
is your free memory still higher than other roms after you have installed everything else?
This is a base ROM, very Spartan in a way. I try to have as little as possible on it so you can have the cleanest sheet to paint on.
If you just got the Omnia, make sure you have the i910 and not the i900, stick with the default for a few days, than get on the Verizon page and update to CF03, this is very important since you can't flash w/o being on the CF03.
After a few days choose a ROM. Each to his liking. My rom's are...are... NAKED. There are some other great ROMs out there, just look.
I am not a good example as I install very little when I'm done I have about 30MB usage so I'm about 120-130MB free after I'm done.
But then again the last few days have been a flash orgy I think I'll stop for a while Right now the most current ROMs are available for download
Old 09-22-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

I noticed in your sig that you use Sashimi... Have you got it to work installing cabs to My Storage in these latest builds?

Okay, I got it working... in case others are having trouble, here's my slightly modified mortscript that seems to work for installing cabs to My Storage. (At least in 23414)
Attached Files
File Type: mscr SASHIMI.mscr (194.6 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by nvrmind; 09-22-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Figured it out...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrmind View Post
I noticed in your sig that you use Sashimi... Have you got it to work installing cabs to My Storage in these latest builds?

Okay, I got it working... in case others are having trouble, here's my slightly modified mortscript that seems to work for installing cabs to My Storage. (At least in 23414)
Awesome! much appreciated! It was installing to my programs...I really didnt mind so instead of having 140MB I ended up with 130...
Here's one for you- I didn't get a response from bengalih yet- how can makisu work with the new mortscript? figure that out for the grand prize!
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nvrmind is keeping up the good worknvrmind is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioryte View Post
Awesome! much appreciated! It was installing to my programs...I really didnt mind so instead of having 140MB I ended up with 130...
Here's one for you- I didn't get a response from bengalih yet- how can makisu work with the new mortscript? figure that out for the grand prize!
Well, I'm not going to guarantee that it will work, but I made it so it doesn't exit after the error... This is my first foray into mortscripts. I may look into it more, if I get a chance. Let me know if something doesn't work right, I don't use Makisu (at least I haven't, yet).
Attached Files
File Type: mscr Makisu.mscr (28.3 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.5

PearlMikeJam is just getting started

I just flashed to the 23609 version. This is my first flash in almost two months (shocking). That said, I used SPB Backup, but when I went to restore my email and messages, it never works. I have tried three times now. I can restore My Documents and contacts, but not my messages or emails and settings. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 09-23-2009, 01:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlMikeJam View Post
I just flashed to the 23609 version. This is my first flash in almost two months (shocking). That said, I used SPB Backup, but when I went to restore my email and messages, it never works. I have tried three times now. I can restore My Documents and contacts, but not my messages or emails and settings. Has anyone else had this problem?
Yes in last few builds backup/restore has been an issue-(I have 6 accounts on my device ) I'm working with bengalih to resolve this since makisu ain't working (This is another mortscript related issue), I might end up buying a Mem card and trying to go xda_UC restore.
At this time I am forced to do it manually, thank god only 2 are company/custom
Old 09-23-2009, 03:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6.5

PearlMikeJam is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioryte View Post
Yes in last few builds backup/restore has been an issue-(I have 6 accounts on my device ) I'm working with bengalih to resolve this since makisu ain't working (This is another mortscript related issue), I might end up buying a Mem card and trying to go xda_UC restore.
At this time I am forced to do it manually, thank god only 2 are company/custom
Thanks for the response. I had to flash back to my previous ROM because the lost messages (MMS and SMS) are a deal breaker right now. I am going to look int XDA_UC to see what I can glean over there. I am a SHASHIMI user as well for installs and reg edits. Have never used makisu, but if that works down the road, I will have to look into that.

Out of curiosity, do you know if anyone has been successful installing and using voice command with your ROMs? My experience has been that it has to be cooked in or it is worthless.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development