PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's ROMs v. 1.4! *Update*

Not that kind of issue, but its probable.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

It was definitely touch response. I liked that program but oh well
Old 05-22-2009, 12:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia

skrump is a n00b

Adrynalyne-

Just wanted to give you a quick shout with a big Thanks for your hard work on this ROM! Flashed my phone with it a few days ago, added SPB Mobile Shell and good god, my Omnia feels like a completely different device! I was getting frustrated with my phone to the point of wanting to chuck it out the window a few times, but now... Wow. Super slick, super responsive, it JUST PLAIN WORKS. Showed my wife, it blew her away, and now she's got me flashing her Omnia as well... Nice job!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 12:58 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I am happy that its working out well for you
Old 05-22-2009, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

I just flashed with the 1.4 and now I'm getting a boot.exe not a signed certificate message. Anyone else getting this message?
Old 05-22-2009, 04:55 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

If it only happens once, and Im assuming it was only once, its a bug with 6.1, or maybe cc20. I've noticed random boot errors ever since that rom, although they are GREATLY diminished in my roms, which leads me to believe its resource related.

I've noticed it mostly with things like the grigoris taskbar. Being that this doesn't really add any startup items, I am wondering if it has to do with extra strain (kind of guessing here) on the OS with having the higher quality icons.

Otherwise, check your startup items. Disable whats been added, and see how it works out. I noticed this problem persists a lot more often with grigoris v3 and v4 than v1 or v2.

Let me know. I'll throw out a new build with stock icons if I need to. To be honest, it should be very infrequent, and a Soft Reset is all thats needed.

Remember, the only things changed from 1.3 to 1.4 was a program addition of async killer, a reg hack(in m2d version), and a dll was replaced to add the disconnect data feature. None of these (aside from maybe async killer) should have caused this to happen.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 05-22-2009 at 05:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
If it only happens once, and Im assuming it was only once, its a bug with 6.1, or maybe cc20. I've noticed random boot errors ever since that rom, although they are GREATLY diminished in my roms, which leads me to believe its resource related.

I've noticed it mostly with things like the grigoris taskbar. Being that this doesn't really add any startup items, I am wondering if it has to do with extra strain (kind of guessing here) on the OS with having the higher quality icons.

Otherwise, check your startup items. Disable whats been added, and see how it works out. I noticed this problem persists a lot more often with grigoris v3 and v4 than v1 or v2.

Let me know. I'll throw out a new build with stock icons if I need to. To be honest, it should be very infrequent, and a Soft Reset is all thats needed.

Remember, the only things changed from 1.3 to 1.4 was a program addition of async killer, a reg hack(in m2d version), and a dll was replaced to add the disconnect data feature. None of these (aside from maybe async killer) should have caused this to happen.

The error was caused by the Clear Temp application. I don't really need the app since I have Memmaid.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:00 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:02 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Hey Adrynalyne,
I had to put the original beta rom back on and still had a problem with the text message slow down. I did another hard reset and installed everything again . So far no problems. It definately something that im doing. Your ROM's weren't the problem. I'll Flash 1.3 this weekend while the wife is at work and give it another go. Do you recommend doing a hard reset after a rom flash. I was thinking that maybe I just pushed my phone to hard. It was warm, not hot like it used to with GPS gate always connected. Thanks for you quick responses last night. Definately was stoked with the Flash before the messaging program crashed.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:12 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

If you are having problems, sure HR after a flash. Usually isn't needed. Here is the thing--if your phone is warm, the CPU is getting worked. If its hot, the CPU is being pegged. Text messaging shouldnt really work the CPU. MMS might, and Net browsing definitely works the CPU.

Thanks for the info--I was going nuts trying to figure out what I might have done.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development