PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2009, 11:52 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's ROMs v. 1.4.1 *Update*

I have no idea
Old 05-27-2009, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 910-Vzw

Jim Lewis is a n00b
Re: Adrynalyne's ROMs v. 1.4.1 *Update* & Vzw Network Extender

I know the v1.4 *Update* is only supposed to affect the PDA part of the ROM.

But when I am at home near my Vzw Network Extender, I seem to have more trouble getting a data connection than I used to with the CC20 leaked ROM (the Omnia is supposed to ignore the Network Extender and get data from the nearest cell tower instead).

Up in the taskbar, instead of just getting
white EVDO arrows ----> <------
I get flashes of what looks like a handshake on a blue background

and I get prompted for a password a lot, even though I check "remember my password"

When I am at the gym, work, driving around, everything works great (and EVDO signal strength is better-that's why I have an Extender at home)
(maybe my nearest cell tower at home has gone out?!)

Is it possible that something that was zapped out of the cooked ROM that's involved in telling the Omnia to ignore the Network Extender (if no tower is available, the Omnia will try to use plain old 1x RITT or whatever it is to get data from the Extender if it can't find a suitable EVDO connection). Even though I shouldn't need it, I have done *228,1 and *228, 2, for good measure after the flash to v1.4

TIA for any advice on what might be going on. EDIT: One-off experiment running Memmaid to clean and compress memory seems to fix things up right away. I'll have to see if it works next time the hang-up pops up.

-Jim-

Use every part of the buffalo - Brad Bird

Last edited by Jim Lewis; 05-27-2009 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 2 I920

07aspenx is becoming a great contributor

Just wondering if anyone else has experience their phone freezing up on v1.4 running SPB MS3. I've been using v1.4 for about 2 weeks and my phone is constantly freezing up when launching any apps. I believe it may be something with the Elias Activesync killer. I could be wrong but I reverted back to v1.3 fixed and my phone is a lot faster with no freeze up at all.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia 910-Vzw

Jim Lewis is a n00b

I'm running MS 3.0 and I haven't killed Active Sync Killer. I've only been running v1.4 a day but other than problems getting an EVDO connection at home near my Vzw Network Extender everything's been running smoothly, no lock ups - and the EVDO could be a problem with my local tower - we've had some severe thunderstorms in the past few days.

EDIT: Musta been the thunderstorms. A reboot of my network extender makes my Omnia work with the extender and my nearest cell tower like gangbusters again.

Last edited by Jim Lewis; 05-29-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

webdev511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
How to Flash (stolen from blazingwolf)

Use UMDL and click on the PDA button. Browse to the location where you placed the bin file and click on open. The file will load. Once it is loaded click on Detect. Now turn your device off by holding the power button until you see the shutdown gif. Once your device is shutdown plug it in to your pc. No turn your device back on by pressing and holding the power button. UMDL should detect your device and start loading the new ROM on to your device.

Enjoy!
You might want to either link to the full list for how to flash or at least add this step...

In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.

I just loaded 3.0.1 and the little blue bar on the Omnia boot screen moves about 1/3 of the way and freezes up. I don't know if it's supposed to sit there for an extended period of time, but that's what I'm seeing. Good thing I have the extended warranty.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:39 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

I don't see a need to add this step because

1. Its the same process as the beta rom. Being that you need that rom first, if you don't know how, you aren't ready to flash this.
In your phone settings, switch the USB connection from active sync to sync with Mass Storage. Then turn off your phone until later.

Not a needed step. Aside from turning it off, of course.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

Stevenlomb is a n00b

Adrynalyne,
You have done so much for all of us, I almost can't remember how much I hated my i910 when I first got it. So I wrote you a phrase to use in your tagline: "Your Phone was Born-Bricked, I'm not responsible if you leave it that way!"
Old 05-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910

jville95 is keeping up the good workjville95 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenlomb View Post
"Your Phone was Born-Bricked, I'm not responsible if you leave it that way!"

Proud member of the CBM!!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

webdev511 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
1. Its the same process as the beta rom. Being that you need that rom first, if you don't know how, you aren't ready to flash this.
It's not so much a question of readiness, as it is just how different the Omnia process is from the Apache I've flashed so many times I've lost count.

It might not be a bad idea to add another sticky thread that includes a note about flashing the CC20 prerequisite so that those who've flashed other phones are made aware that Omnia flashing is not just firing up BulidOS and flashing the rom.

I just want others to enjoy the new roms and minimize their chances of bricking.

BTW, after doing CC20 and then your ROM, everything is working like a champ.

Last edited by webdev511; 05-27-2009 at 11:02 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia 910 + WTF ever crack Adryns dealing today!

Morkai AlMandragon is becoming a great contributor

That step would have saved me a couple hours last night (switching to USB). I have flashed, but it has been a while i i did not recall that step.

Either way, imi lovingthe new rom so far, its MUCH faster, and im hoping much more battery efficient, well see within a couple days.

I have a few questions though...

What do you use for a comm manager?

Is there a way to get the upwards motion to activate anything like the stock rom does for the comm manager without installing touchflo?

Im using the HTC Today screen (the old one, not either menilla). Is there a way to get teh music player to integrate with windows media, or is there a way to use the music player the HTC's used?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development