PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 10:57 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Adrynalyne's Base and M2D ROMs v. 1.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
This might be a stupid question but....

I have never used M2D except with Adrynalyne's 1.2 M2D ROM. It's cool but... I don't know... I haven't made a decision yet. I kind of like the basic today screen because I use PhoneAlarm Pro. Anyway. I know there is a 19b installer cab for M2D but I'm wondering what other stuff is installed also in the ROM (I know rotation service is). I'm thinking about installing the cab and thatway I have the choice of removing it if I decide I don't like it.

Anybody got $.02 about this?

Ok, if you want what is already in my m2d rom, here is the list.

M2D 19b--same version you would get with the all in one installer.
M2D Customizer, latest version. Name is obvious for function.
ssmaho--latest version. For remapping functions in M2D.
clean ram--frees up ram, with m2d and touchflo 3d in mind.
Latest google maps.
Latest youtubeplay.
HTC Task Manager 2.1.
Asphalt 4 (Installs to My storage). Uses accelerometer.
Latest rotation service.

Otherwise, its the base rom. I build base first and fix bugs, then just add the above as oem modules. Just using a roundabout figure, thats about 30mb of apps.

Myself I use the base, and install those separately, so I am not stuck with the choice. For others who are content with M2D, it is a well rounded rom that performs well. I can tell you that download statistic wise, the base rom is 2-3 times more popular. Maybe people think like we do and want choice?

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 05-03-2009 at 11:04 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work

Thanks. Still haven't decided if I like M2D...
Old 05-04-2009, 12:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Question Adrynalyne...

Why not use HTC Task Manager in your base ROM too? It seems like a good program. I also like FDC Task manager but I think HTC Task Manager makes the 'x' close programs.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Because Base is all about choice. If someone prefers wktask, they wont want HTC. If I include it, they can't remove it.

I am assuming it can't be removed. If its in \windows, its in ROM. If its in \Program Files, it might be removeable. Havent checked tbh.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Because Base is all about choice. If someone prefers wktask, they wont want HTC. If I include it, they can't remove it.

I am assuming it can't be removed. If its in \windows, its in ROM. If its in \Program Files, it might be removeable. Havent checked tbh.
Good point... I guess I am thinking that your ROM is about perfection since it is basicly perfect (that was a compliment). Anyway. I was thinking that the basic Task manager sucks.... and needs a replacement... hint hint...

How about a base ROM and a Loaded ROM...

Either way... your work is AMAZING!!!! You could work for Samsung or Verizon!! (or maybe you do)
Old 05-04-2009, 01:25 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Nope, a ChemE major, who is supposed to be working on finals

Anyway--I could do a loaded rom. I really don't know what people would like to see in it though.

As for FDC, I was kicking around the idea of putting it in the next release.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Here is an idea I am kicking around.

If you guys have a request for custom roms, let me know. Just remember this is during my free time, so donations are always appreciated. I should be able to do most things, so long as they aren't unreasonable.

---except SPB Mobile Shell 3. I am still working on my OEM package for that. The icon arrangement gets all screwy.

Just an idea I am kicking around. I am not 100% sure yet if I am going to do it.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: verizon

resolute6036 is a n00b

I think it'd be awesome if I knew how to play divx files. But anyway, this rom is awesome, I switched my phone and my brothers phone to it in the past 2 days and it runs pretty well with mobile shell.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:49 AM
Regular 'Geeker

A loaded ROM would be nice but not one that is Too loaded. At first I thought it would be AWESOME, but the more I think about it I think tweaking the Base ROM would be best. When you change things like swapping out Samsung Contacts for iContacts, is the best. You are taking the basic parts of WM and making them better, Alot Better. Swapping out the task manager to a better one is another good idea (either FDC or HTC).

One thing I don't think would be a good idea would be to bloat your slimmed down ROM with bloatware that could (should) be installed in My Stroage. Google maps is a great example. I bet 90% of us have google maps installed but if it was on the main storage it would just take up useless space. Here is what I propose be added for your Loaded ROM.

Task Manager (HTC or FDC)
S2U2
Fingerkeyboard 2.1 w/ the better skins (can't remember the user who made them) (*Omega Ra*)
Samsung Dialer skins by Tiki Dragyn (we can activate it via registry)

1.3 Note - With the Samsung Dialer enabled the "call log" button does nothing (probably because of iContacts being installed).

Last edited by Phantom27; 05-04-2009 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: i910 Omnia
Carrier: verizon

Omega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOmega Ra is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Omega Ra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
A loaded ROM would be nice but not one that is Too loaded. At first I thought it would be AWESOME, but the more I think about it I think tweaking the Base ROM would be best. When you change things like swapping out Samsung Contacts for iContacts, is the best. You are taking the basic parts of WM and making them better, Alot Better. Swapping out the task manager to a better one is another good idea (either FDC or HTC).

One thing I don't think would be a good idea would be to bloat your slimmed down ROM with bloatware that could (should) be installed in My Stroage. Google maps is a great example. I bet 90% of us have google maps installed but if it was on the main storage it would just take up useless space. Here is what I propose be added for your Loaded ROM.

Task Manager (HTC or FDC)
S2U2
Fingerkeyboard 2.1 w/ the better skins (That would be me Omega Ra)
Samsung Dialer skins by Tiki Dragyn (we can activate it via registry)

1.3 Note - With the Samsung Dialer enabled the "call log" button does nothing (probably because of iContacts being installed).

Fixed.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development