PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 08:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
thats whats annoying, we all know what's wrong with 6.5, we don't need to hear a million times just like people would get tired of me posting a new thread every week about how much the iphone sucks because I can't change the battery and it can't play flash and you can't change the UI, etc... It gets old.

I don't mind hearing/knowing things that are bad with 6.5, I have no vested interest and I don't own any microsoft stock, I'm out of contract and could easily get a hero or switch to att and get $100 3G if I wanted.

6.5 is far from perfect and there are things I hate about it, but the pros outweigh the cons and for me its much better than iphone and more preferable than android at the moment.
Okay well 6.5 was officially released a few days ago. You expect them not to put out reviews on it just because we all know that 6.5 was a waste of an upgrade? I mean really
Old 10-08-2009, 08:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemoid is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Windows Mobile 6.5 Review...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
Everyone is grumpy that 6.5 isn't exactly a huge upgrade from 6.1. Well remember that 6.1 wasn't a great upgrade from 6.0 (adding threaded texting only). And in later builds (23017) they redid the Start Menu so you could drag stuff around, so building a ROM off of that build solves the Start Menu issues. 6.5.1 is a little better because the bottom bar but overall it's not too bad. We just need 7.
Which is the point all of these reviews are trying to make. The OS is essentially unchanged for almost 10 years now. 6.5 is a band-aid on a decapitation. They shouldn't have wasted time on 6.5 and just focused on WM7.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives