PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2009, 03:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: “Bet you wished you never did that.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulhiny View Post
Ace, without quoting your entire post I can say that you have made me see your point..to an extent. I just think of it this way. The App Store for Apple is just that. A store. Can't stores be allowed to decide what they will and will not carry? Does Walmart have some obligation to sell a 32" Sony LCD simple because they carry other brands? I mean, yes corporate greed is at play here. Where the money is. It's the American way.
To make that analogy fair, Walmart would have to be the only (legitimate) department/electonics store and the reason they would not sell the Sony 32" LCD TV would be something like the box it came in had the picture of a bikini clad woman at the beach on it that went against Walmarts "family friendly" image. Or, Walmart would have to be in an exclusive deal with a pseudo-competitor like Phillips/DLP and would not sell the Sony/LCD device with no good reason or explanation except "We allready offer a flat screen TV make/model/tech/etc". This would not be allowed, so I see no reason why what Apple is doing should be allowed.
"There is no such thing as a stupid question" is just as ridiculous as saying "There is no such thing as a stupid answer". This proves there are also "stupid statements". There are probably alot of "stupid ideas" too. And what do all these things have in common? Stupid people.

Remember to say ...Preferrably by clicking the button instead of wasting valuable forum space
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

advantageinv is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to advantageinv

Since top Google officials have been assimilated into the Obama Administration, is it any wonder that the FCC would investigate anything detrimental to Google and back anything that favors Google?
Old 08-05-2009, 11:23 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantageinv View Post
Since top Google officials have been assimilated into the Obama Administration, is it any wonder that the FCC would investigate anything detrimental to Google and back anything that favors Google?

Why is it that anytime something goes wrong, people gotta bring Obama into it????? Get over Obama its not on him its all on Verizon and nobody else!! Verizon messed up big time. Kinda like how Sprint had the chance to get into the Android game with Google and they spit in their (Google's) face.
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:36 AM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Sprint had the chance to get into the Android game with Google and they spit in their (Google's) face.
This fall Sprint's gonna have the best Android experience on this side of the pond.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
This fall Sprint's gonna have the best Android experience on this side of the pond.
with what phone? i was in a Sprint Repair center yesterday and all the techs were talking about a new HTC phone with Android on it coming to Sprint and what a POS it was.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:49 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
with what phone? i was in a Sprint Repair center yesterday and all the techs were talking about a new HTC phone with Android on it coming to Sprint and what a POS it was.
Never listen to idiot techs, thats a golden rule @ PPCGeeks:

The HTC Hero is coming & the Samsung Q

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Never listen to idiot techs, thats a golden rule @ PPCGeeks:

The HTC Hero is coming & the Samsung Q

http://www.htc.com/www/product/hero/overview.html

http://www.engadget.com/2009/07/31/h...1th-to-sprint/

Man I would rather listen to an "IDIOT TECH" who fixes these phones instead of a "NOT SO SMART" CS rep in a store who wants to get more money by selling you a phone and a plan with extras you don't need or a phone that breaks a lot I did see the article about the Hero, seems like a nice little device......
Old 08-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceXMachine View Post
To make that analogy fair, Walmart would have to be the only (legitimate) department/electonics store and the reason they would not sell the Sony 32" LCD TV would be something like the box it came in had the picture of a bikini clad woman at the beach on it that went against Walmarts "family friendly" image. Or, Walmart would have to be in an exclusive deal with a pseudo-competitor like Phillips/DLP and would not sell the Sony/LCD device with no good reason or explanation except "We allready offer a flat screen TV make/model/tech/etc". This would not be allowed, so I see no reason why what Apple is doing should be allowed.
Good argument Ace. You have swayed my view. Because Apple is the sole App store I can agree.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives