PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think WinMo Will Survive?
Yes 125 86.21%
No 20 13.79%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2009, 11:11 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Post Will Windows Mobile Be There In The Future?

http://mobiletechaddicts.com/2009/01...indows-mobile/

Found this article thought id share...
Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 PM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Re: Will Windows Mobile Be There In The Future?

Of course windows mobile survive its M$ they have more than enough money to pull there arse from the fire. I love when I'm flying somewhere and the token apple guy whips out his iphone n showing his cool BUT USELESS apps on his nice iphone than I breaks out mines and run down just a few of the things my phone can do both work related and media showing them winmo can also be a nice fun phone too and when I tell ppl tmo,verizon,at&t and sprint ALL carry this touch pro phone. I mean I thank apple for the iphone making other phone OS's step it up only for there's to stand still so if winmo 7 comes out to be a magnificent OS *jamie foxx voice* blame it on the I I iphone! For waking up M$ just my 2ยข

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:01 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

It's too true.....Microsoft is fighting a lost cause by making WM. It's so far behind it unbeileveable. Compared to the iPhones App Store, Verizon new App Store, and Palm and Blackberry support and now Touch Screen flexibility....Windows Mobile is just now trying to create their own App Store, they are making 6.5, when Windows Mobile 7 is coming right after this? Why waste the time making 6.5 when you could be fully working on 7?

Just makes no sense and they will fail....
Old 07-01-2009, 01:06 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
..they are making 6.5, when Windows Mobile 7 is coming right after this? Why waste the time making 6.5 when you could be fully working on 7?
thats so true. whatd be the point making 6.5 if theyre just gonna release 7 right after..pretty pointless
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 01:24 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

I hope it doesn't go away!
What will happen to ppcgeeks!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

well its mainly the UI and a few minor things that they have to change to make it better than the other OSes. Once they update the UI to current standards, and then change those few minor things and add dual touch screen capabilities(like they're going to in wm7) I think they'll completely dominate the mobile world again.
They have all the bugs/functionality pretty much down, it's just mainly the UI that needs work IMO.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:00 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
It's too true.....Microsoft is fighting a lost cause by making WM. It's so far behind it unbeileveable. Compared to the iPhones App Store, Verizon new App Store, and Palm and Blackberry support and now Touch Screen flexibility....Windows Mobile is just now trying to create their own App Store, they are making 6.5, when Windows Mobile 7 is coming right after this? Why waste the time making 6.5 when you could be fully working on 7?

Just makes no sense and they will fail....
6.5 is just a stepping stone to 7, is that so hard to figure out.

I disagree that windows mobile is so far behind. I wouldn't trade my Diamond in for an iPhoney if you paid me.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:17 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

but the iphone can copy and paste now.

they survived after they shared their cool find with bill (xerox's mouse)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

Of course WM has a future! It might not be glamorous and not too many teens, heck not too many regular people will use them, but it has a market that can't do without the platform.

I'm not just talking about the business user. But I'm thinking of many professional applications that the WM platform is suited for. Doctors and especially the military. You wouldn't believe how even the older pda's are still used by the military to run vital programs.

Personally, I can't do without being able to sync all our personal pda's / wm phones and have all the daily info readily available in a form that no other phone can provide.

If wm were still in the stylus only state, it would lose a lot of it's appeal, but I would still use it!
Old 07-01-2009, 03:45 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
6.5 is just a stepping stone to 7, is that so hard to figure out.

I disagree that windows mobile is so far behind. I wouldn't trade my Diamond in for an iPhoney if you paid me.
I wouldn't trade my TP for an iPhone either, and I could have EASILY went with that phone and saved some money in the process

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggylive View Post
but the iphone can copy and paste now.

they survived after they shared their cool find with bill (xerox's mouse)
I saw that commercial a little while ago, like copy and paste is something no one has ever been able to do until now I got a kick out of it LOL!!]
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives