PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think WinMo Will Survive?
Yes 125 86.21%
No 20 13.79%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 03:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Will Windows Mobile Be There In The Future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake044 View Post
HEY NOW NO MORE NAME CALLING!
I say MORE NAME CALLING!!

JK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
EDIT: iPhone isn't as complex as this seems to be
Is the Iphone ever as complex?
Old 07-05-2009, 05:32 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't know, never used an iphone. But I would think it's more closer to what WM has now.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

MobileSpoon is just getting started

People looking for fun stuff will probably stick with the iPhone which is being improved all the time.
People looking for business use only (you know: mails, messages and... mails) are already using BlackBerry
Hackers, pro's, or field users (technicians and stuff) will use WinMo because it is classic for features rich applications.
That's not much. Microsoft must come up with something sexy and fast....

Just my opinion.
Old 07-05-2009, 01:38 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

[QUOTE=Microsoft must come up with something sexy and fast....

Just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Old 07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did this get deleted?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Windows Mobile is already gone we just don't know it yet.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Don't need my morning caffeine fix, after going through this thread an more, LOL. Why is everyone fighting over things that are beyond their control
Old 07-15-2009, 11:09 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

We are all looking at this from the US stand point. True in the US apple is killing and blackberry but worldwide windows mobile is not struggling at all. Windows mobile isn't going anywhere and definitely will not get run out because of the iphone. any real business will not have its employees with an iphone. the iphone is just a adult toy because you can do fun things with the iphone. But when it comes down to business needs or people who want to be able to do EVERYTHING with their phones then they will stay with winmo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
Do I? You think I made them? Because you know alot too maybe you made them since you know for a fact that WM7 will have Marketplace and Voice Control, and you didn't specify that in your post.....so you know for a fact that marketpalce and voice control are in wm7 now? You must work for them for sure

And you are a liar, you just said in your last post that I could quote you on saying that you said Marketplace will be incorporated when you never did say that, just look at my last post. I have your quote in there. You said Major things from WM6.5....never did you say Market place or anything of the sort. And even if it is true that Marketplace is being incorporated, then you still said major things from WM6.5, well Maketplace is only one thing....and it's not really that major, and Tell Me Voice Command? I believe that's been out since WM6.0

I would consider Native TouchFlo a major incorporation though...or even the CHome if it were true or rumored
You are obviously wrong. windows 7 will have marketplace and tell me voice command and if not then they will have something better. And tell me voice command hasn't been out since winmo 6.0 especially since it hasn't even been released yet. Tell me is a way more advanced voice recognition system then voice command. You might want to read up on that before making false statements. I can definitely see why the other guy was getting irrated with you.

Last edited by p-slim; 07-15-2009 at 11:16 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives