PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Diamond EOL

BoyGeniusReport says it's EOL'd in July
Old 05-18-2009, 02:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT
Threadstarter

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreak View Post
That would really, really surprise me. The market for the Star is totally different from the market for the Touch/Touch Diamond/Diamond 2 market. I would love to see sales numbers on the Q/Treo vs the Touch series vs the Mogul/TP for Sprint. I think you'd be surprised.
i dont know anything about the treo/pro sales seeing as i work only with HTC...but in the US on a national level....SPRINT sells 3,000 Diamonds a month(A huge surprise and disappointment!!!) vs 15,000 TP's(an even Bigger Surprise)
guess ppl are willing to pay more for the keyboard. thats factual sales info directly from Sprint

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilray View Post
Sounds fishy to me.

OP, any hard eveidence to back up your claim?
same place i got my hands on the HTC Snap and posted pics up on here....

HTC just shipped the last Diamonds to sprint...so that obviously means they are done with them...last means last lmao..jk...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
LETS DO SOME MATH GUYS!!!!

6wks from today? were in July...

just wanted you to know my sources are good as gold lol haha...bored at work...i love it...
Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
there isnt an official EOL date. Every week there is an email distributed that includes EOL and there isnt anything about EOL on the Diamond. Hell, they just included another fifty dollar instant rebate to the device so it will start to sell, the Touch Pro is selling more than the Diamond. I think your friend is mistaken.
of course they reduced its price...they wanna get rid of them so they can bring out the new one....and just so you guys know...yall might be surprised...or maybe not...at what sprint is going to do with the diamond line...cant talk bout that yet lol
Old 05-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

jzirkle13 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
This can't be right... It hasn't lasted a year and if it only has around 6 weeks of stock left where is the announcement of its replacement?

I work for an indirect dealer for several phone companies and the rumors are in fact true. Diamond and TP are for sure going EOL.
Old 05-18-2009, 06:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
of course they reduced its price...they wanna get rid of them so they can bring out the new one....and just so you guys know...yall might be surprised...or maybe not...at what sprint is going to do with the diamond line...cant talk bout that yet lol
Sure you can
Old 05-20-2009, 11:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robotphood View Post
Sure you can
LMAO haha

but the TP2 and the Pre and the Snap are all supposed to be released next month...well less then 30 days now hell Yeah!!!!!
Old 05-20-2009, 12:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

domu is just getting started

Regardless of opinion of onscreen keyboard vs. physical keyboard, I think the deal breaker for most people with the Diamond was the lack of storage card. It was for me. Has anyone come across pictures of the D2 for U.S.? Seen a few for TP2 but none for D2(makes me wonder right there if we'll get one, hmm). I hope U.S. D2 will get a similar design, because, imo it looks like a flat floor tile.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by domu View Post
Regardless of opinion of onscreen keyboard vs. physical keyboard, I think the deal breaker for most people with the Diamond was the lack of storage card. It was for me. Has anyone come across pictures of the D2 for U.S.? Seen a few for TP2 but none for D2(makes me wonder right there if we'll get one, hmm). I hope U.S. D2 will get a similar design, because, imo it looks like a flat floor tile.
dont think were getting a D2 sorry dude lol...or maybe we might.... but yes that is a huge downside to the diamond however...im better the palm pre which has 8gb internal will sell more then 3,000 a week lol

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives