PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond EOL

as a lot may know the Diamond is EOL...End of Life...my friend just told me that sprint is selling about 3,000 a week nationally and htc just made their last shipment to sprint so there fore the diamond should last about another 6 weeks at the most...

so what will be replacing it hehe....i cant wait

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663
Re: HTC Diamond EOL

Could it be the Diamond 2? Hmmm....
Old 05-13-2009, 02:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

slbailey1 is keeping up the good workslbailey1 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnfrk6663 View Post
Could it be the Diamond 2? Hmmm....
... Or the HT Star? I've been thinking the last couple of days and I think Sprint will not be offering the Diamond 2. I even think there will not be a Diamond 3 from HTC. I think the Diamond line will be replaced by the Star line and that Sprint will offer the HTC Star instead of the HTC Diamond 2.
Old 05-14-2009, 03:23 AM
The Inspector Mod
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

gadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the communitygadgetfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by slbailey1 View Post
... Or the HT Star? I've been thinking the last couple of days and I think Sprint will not be offering the Diamond 2. I even think there will not be a Diamond 3 from HTC. I think the Diamond line will be replaced by the Star line and that Sprint will offer the HTC Star instead of the HTC Diamond 2.
That would really, really surprise me. The market for the Star is totally different from the market for the Touch/Touch Diamond/Diamond 2 market. I would love to see sales numbers on the Q/Treo vs the Touch series vs the Mogul/TP for Sprint. I think you'd be surprised.

WM 6.5 Taskbars | GadgetROM for Touch Diamond

Donations are always strictly voluntary and completely appreciated. Thank you!
Old 05-14-2009, 03:30 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

This device had months of hype leading up to it, screenshots and videos on Engadget, etc... a $700 retail tag... it is a fantastic device... and it's lifespan is gonna be well short of one year.

The cell phone market is completely messed up, IMO.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

I dont care wat it is as long as its made by Htc and its comparable to the Touch Pro... I'll even take that phone with the Kickstand cuz the more useless things the better.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

This can't be right... It hasn't lasted a year and if it only has around 6 weeks of stock left where is the announcement of its replacement?
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-15-2009, 10:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Sounds fishy to me.

OP, any hard eveidence to back up your claim?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:56 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

there isnt an official EOL date. Every week there is an email distributed that includes EOL and there isnt anything about EOL on the Diamond. Hell, they just included another fifty dollar instant rebate to the device so it will start to sell, the Touch Pro is selling more than the Diamond. I think your friend is mistaken.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-15-2009, 11:15 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I agree, No EOL for the diamond yet.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives