PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Keep Mail2web or Switch?
Keeping mail2web and pay $4.95 12 20.69%
Downgrading to mail2web basic 5 8.62%
Switching to another free activesyc service 27 46.55%
Switching to using live hotmail push email 14 24.14%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: sprint

mjstallion is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: mail2web live will cost atfter may 1,2009

How are you guys transferring your mail2web contacts to google sync?
Old 04-10-2009, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM
Carrier: Sprint

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjstallion View Post
How are you guys transferring your mail2web contacts to google sync?
Just read my post on page 7.......
Old 04-10-2009, 11:26 PM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Finally sucked it up and set myself up for the 4.95 a month. I just couldn't find anything that worked as well for what I needed. I came to rely on mail2web way too much.
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 04-11-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: DROID
Carrier: EVIL V

EDGE23 is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to EDGE23

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaMom View Post
Finally sucked it up and set myself up for the 4.95 a month. I just couldn't find anything that worked as well for what I needed. I came to rely on mail2web way too much.
i'm on the same boat, i got hooked. i just havent decide to go pro or regular.
samsung 680, a700, 920, legendary 9k, a900, 6700, treo 700wx, 6800, 6700, 6800(collecting dust), as of 01/09/08 htc touch, and 5/24/08 finally the blackberry curve, 10/15/08 touch pro, 4/30/09 boring blackberry curve again.
12/04/09 DROID.
WM, HTC, and BB can go to hell now.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

fernando26 is a n00b
Exclamation Free exchange service mail2web ending free service!

Important news for mail2web customers:

Up until April 30, mail2web offers a free exchange server for those of us that like to have our contacts sync'd with a server (in case we lose/break our phone, but primarily to restore contacts after a ROM flash). They've offered this service for years.

I just received an email on my mail2web account that says that they will be discontinuing their free ActiveSync services on May 1. They offer a 60 day free trial of their "new" services, but after that you'll have to pay $4.95 a month to continue syncing. They blame "licensing issues" related to their recent upgrade to Exchange 2007.

Does anyone know of any other free exchange servers?

If there's no other free services out there I supposed I'd have to see what software exists for contact backups to my computer (I run MightyRom 4.16).

Edit: I know that you can backup to Outlook on your computer, but I don't have access to Outlook on my computer
Old 04-16-2009, 03:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Free exchange service mail2web ending free service!

There are a lot of options for backing up your contacts...just take a few minutes and search around. Microsoft has a new one out, there's dashwire, funambol, google, pimbackup, lot's of choices. And I don't know of any free exchange servers, but a lot of people like Seven as a push email service.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

does seven still cause you to send international text messages?
Old 04-16-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

xero is just getting started

It's worth the $5 for what you get. Call me lazy, but they've given me great service for a long time, why am I going to ditch them because they now need a minimal fee? Do you know how much it costs to set up an Exchange server? Figure 2 grand just for the server, then a fee for your bandwith. I say $5 is not so bad.

Equipment: Imagio on 6.5. Working on a 6.5.3 build.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep

you could try dashwire or microsoft's new myphone service. both are free but you have to wait for myphone to register so theres a bit of a waiting period before you get started
Old 04-16-2009, 03:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 - Energy 6.5 ROM

Erythros is keeping up the good workErythros is keeping up the good work

I loved Mail2web, but being the stingy bastard that I am I have come to love Google sync.
The calendar does not appear to be as neatly integrated to the e-mail and contacts but it is, once you get accustomed to the interface.

I will help anyone with technical issues setting up your account.

This is the least I can do for the PPCGEEKS community after all of the support I have received in the past.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives