PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 08:05 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: ETA of Touch Pro II

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Just got my top secret super advanced on the down-low TP III dropped off this morning. It is fast, uses WM7 and I just used it to reprogram my coffee maker to brew twice the java in half the time.

And then I... oh damn... I gotta go, the new TP III is eyeing up my TV remote for some lovin' action...
Like we're gonna fall for an April Fool's joke that early in the morning LMAO.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonzbabysh View Post
CDMA cannot support data and voice at the same time so thats why we will never see the secondary camera on our versions. it would be nice but pointless if we cant use it.
This has been discussed many times, CDMA EVDO CAN support simultaneous voice and data, but its up to the carriers to implement it. In our cases, the big 3 decided not to

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Just got my top secret super advanced on the down-low TP III dropped off this morning. It is fast, uses WM7 and I just used it to reprogram my coffee maker to brew twice the java in half the time.

And then I... oh damn... I gotta go, the new TP III is eyeing up my TV remote for some lovin' action...
lmao u silly dude
Old 04-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
Pro 2 sounds like a GSM exclusive, so I wouldn't even cross my fingers on anything with a tilting screen hitting a CDMA carrier, so let's all expect an alternate, shall we?
Why would you believe this isn't coming to sprint? We've already seen the roadmap and sprint officially asked them to take it down. It said q3.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: SPRINT

orionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on reporionsbuckle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
Am I the only one who could care less about this phone and hopes that htc gets some competition?

They release another phone without correcting the issues on their last. TP still has gps lag which can easily be fixed but they refuse to. They should at least pretend that they give a damn about their customers.

Either way, I know that this phone will lag and be as slow as everything else so I'll pass.
completely off topic but my GPS is working fine.

HTC Mogul>HTC Touch>HTC TP>HTC Snap>Palm Pre>HTC TP2(PUKE)>HTC Hero>HTC Evo
htc... is it in ur blood?
Old 04-01-2009, 03:03 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
i'm with you, my gps works fine, that is the very least of my worries. I just wish my touch flo was a lil faster and more responsive.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orionsbuckle View Post
lol this whole thread is off topic man!
Old 04-01-2009, 03:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

WisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on repWisdomWolfX is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to WisdomWolfX

Quote:
Originally Posted by highc View Post
If I read this right the Sprint TP2 is a Worldphone edition.
Means with CDMA and GSM radio.
http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=1792
Whit that in mind a launch in late Q3 seems to be realistic.
Have the TP2 a Worldphone is for sure the biggest request for Business users.
I'd like to point out that this site's specs are obviously wrong. I'm not sure where they got their info, but it shows mono for microphone and speakers when one of the biggest features of the device is the dual mics for better speakerphone. It shows a secondary camera (we all know that's not happening on a CDMA device, so quit dreaming). It show's and LED flash, which was removed so that a button to mute the mic in speakerphone mode could be used. It also shows a release date of October, which doesn't jive with the Q3 release schedule we've been seeing.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
This has been discussed many times, CDMA EVDO CAN support simultaneous voice and data, but its up to the carriers to implement it. In our cases, the big 3 decided not to
And the 4th of the big 4(US Cellular) is JUST NOW getting around to EV-DO. What a sad, small carrier. Too bad at&t and Verizon have bought up so many carriers that neither would be able to acquire US Cellular without major divestitures afterward.
Old 04-01-2009, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

tbran is becoming a great contributor

I'm looking at the Sprint roadmap as we speak (don't think I'm allowed to post it, after Sprint got mad) and it shows the HTC Rhodium, Ace2 and BBerry Niagara releasing in Q3. Sprint Q3 ends on 9/30/09, so it may be pretty close to then for the release date imo. It's pretty close to the release path that the TP/Diamond took, which was also a Q3 release, although very few people saw them until mid-Q4 2008.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives