PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Hoof is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint getting HTC Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechner View Post
Ok, saw on another thread that a sprint employee has already been playing with the prototype HD, AND that Rhodium is a diff phone even from that.
link plox
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Soon...HTC Magic G2
Carrier: T-Mobile

redrazr7791 is just getting started

no doubt.....quit playing wheres the link lol
Old 12-15-2008, 10:21 AM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!
Carrier: Sprint

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmobilelawyer View Post
he was referencing the term "HD Pro" in the blog post that was linked to. The blog post calls a new phone the "HD Pro" (aka HTC Rhodium) in the context that the writer likes phones with physical keyboards.

And considering HTC recent phone lineups. I assume an "HD Pro" would mean a slide out keyboard.

EDIT: whoa, way late on this, didnt realize there were two more pages of posts after yours. LOL

Welcome back. I havent seen you on the boards in a while.

Does anyone have a picture of this "HTC HD Pro"? Cause I cant find anything. If anything since Sprint jsut built the WiMax network, they will probably get the "HTC MAX" if anything. I dont care about the headphone jack, I have a Zune and a iPod for music. But it is nice to have. I just want it to have a microsd slot.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:39 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun0207 View Post
Welcome back. I havent seen you on the boards in a while.

Does anyone have a picture of this "HTC HD Pro"? Cause I cant find anything. If anything since Sprint jsut built the WiMax network, they will probably get the "HTC MAX" if anything. I dont care about the headphone jack, I have a Zune and a iPod for music. But it is nice to have. I just want it to have a microsd slot.
So far it's all hear-say. From what I've been reading, the HD is in pretty high demand right now, which may be why Sprint is going to start selling them (hopefully.) It would make sense for them to sell an HTC Max but their 4g network isn't quite what it needs to be to attract the general audience they need, and the max might cost more from HTC because of the newer technology. In other words, from a business standpoint, the hd would sell just as many, if not more than the max would, and cost Sprint less. I personally would take either one.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrazr7791 View Post
Heck ya man, i hear ya......the whole "CARRYING A BRICK" thing is killing me, that is why i kick myself everyday for switching out my diamond for the touch pro. Maybe......just maybe if i hadn't switched i wouldn't have to be killing myself to try and sell the d@mn thing lol
The Vogue was a "test" phone for me and my 1st PPC. Liked it and went with the Pro. Couldn't stand that phone and returned it for the Diamond.

The Diamond has me very happy, but I am anxiously awaiting the HD.

I am fine with an on screen keyboard and prefer it much more than a slide out that doubles the thickness of the unit.
Old 12-17-2008, 11:22 AM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenFlo View Post
The Vogue was a "test" phone for me and my 1st PPC. Liked it and went with the Pro. Couldn't stand that phone and returned it for the Diamond.

The Diamond has me very happy, but I am anxiously awaiting the HD.

I am fine with an on screen keyboard and prefer it much more than a slide out that doubles the thickness of the unit.
I find myself using the on screen keyboard on my tp a lot, but there's no way I could write some of the emails I've had to write on a diamond. It all depends what you use your phone for i guess. Before I got my job, the diamond would have been perfect.

What would be REALLY nice is a touch pro with full 480x800 screen and the thickness of a diamond.

Last edited by chronster; 12-17-2008 at 11:24 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I find myself using the on screen keyboard on my tp a lot, but there's no way I could write some of the emails I've had to write on a diamond. It all depends what you use your phone for i guess. Before I got my job, the diamond would have been perfect.

What would be REALLY nice is a touch pro with full 480x800 screen and the thickness of a diamond.
So far I don't e-mail a whole lot on my phone. I have a laptop I use for work and it's normally with me if need be. Tethering is a very nice thing and I no longer have to find a hot spot for the laptop, I can just plug in the phone and do what I need to do.

The HD is available for the GSM folks (as you probably know), but it's still an arm and a leg, price wise.

Once it hits for Sprint/Alltel I'll be trying it out and I have a feeling it will be the one I carry for a while.

Time will tell.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:29 PM
i like turtles

How much is everyone willing to spend on an hd?

As an existing customer, I'd expect to pay about 600 bucks for it. If I renewed my contract, I'd expect to pay around 450. Anything more than that would be pretty absurd.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I see them out there for about $800 from the importers.

I have two (2) contracts I can extend on my Alltel service and will probably extend one.

$400-500 range is what I would expect with renewal.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6900
Carrier: SPRING

motorpsycho is just getting started

since the iphone, as by far the best selling PDA phone on the market, is the gold standard for this genre, this HD is the first WM phone to meet or exceed its features. However, i find it dissapointing that this phone still lacks the raw processing power of the iphone.

all that being said, this phone would be a leap in WM phone tech, and I would buy it. (unlike the pro/diamond, which i see as just a small step upgrade over the touch/mogul)

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives