PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05
Carrier: Sprint

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint getting HTC Rhodium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torx View Post
keep in mind those specs are GSM, the batteries are much smaller than cdma.

expect cdma sprint models to be double that thickness.
but i really do hope the TP2 is as thick as the sprint diamond.. thats a good thickness and weight for me.
But isn't the GSM and CDMA TP the same thickness/battery?

Yeah Foxnews, the diamond screen is getting cramped for me. I always thought 3.2 was the perfect size for one hand but now I can't resist getting a huge slab. As long as it's thin (not too much thicker than the sprint diamond) and pocketable in my tight pants I'm happy

Last edited by robotphood; 03-30-2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul --> Touch Pro(Running PhantomRom)

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to GREY.FOXX Send a message via Skype™ to GREY.FOXX

Im really looking forward to TP2.

CTIA is here, maybe Sprint will announce it.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: CDMA Diamond

caifalex is a n00b

So I've looked and cannot find a definitive answer... does either the TP2 or the diamond2 have headphone jacks? I have an aux jack in my car and definitely need it, why is HTC lagging it with the 3.5mm jack? I suppose I could stream via BT but then that would mean more battery usage and having to constantly charge my headphones.

Also, will these have TV-Out?

I have a diamond right now and I am extremely happy with it, but if they don't add a headphone jack I don't see a point in upgrading (for my needs). It would suck if they add a headphone jack on one and tv-out on the other, it would make my choice sooooo difficult!!
Old 04-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Mogul --> Touch Pro(Running PhantomRom)

GREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good workGREY.FOXX is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to GREY.FOXX Send a message via Skype™ to GREY.FOXX

No 3.5 headphone jacks
Old 04-01-2009, 06:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPRO
Carrier: SPRINT

Kushed is just getting started

Good, no need for extra holes. The device comes with multi port adapter anyways.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I wont get it. Althou the screen is beautiful, the lacking 3d driver issue is a big NO NO for me. Until snapdragon comes out or HTC pulls it head out of its rectum and pays the greedy qualcomm for the drivers.. I wont buy another driver lacking HTC device.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I wont get it. Althou the screen is beautiful, the lacking 3d driver issue is a big NO NO for me. Until snapdragon comes out or HTC pulls it head out of its rectum and pays the greedy qualcomm for the drivers.. I wont buy another driver lacking HTC device.
Honestly Qualcomm just pisses me off. I just bashed them in an email calling them greedy and telling them their business tactics need serious improvement.

I needed to get that off my chest.
Old 04-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

As much as the driver issue stinks, I have to live with it being on Sprint. We're limited to high end devices. I'd rather have HTC than nothing. With my gadget addiction I can't resist.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Okay, so I haven't been around the forum for a while. Been so busy with work, but just decided to check out new phones coming to Sprint.

That's when I saw that HTC is coming out with this and I got excited because Sprint is coming out with it.

Watched this video
http://www.wmexperts.com/htc-touch-p...ond-2-unboxing

So now, it's just a waiting game. If the size of this thing is the same size as the current Touch Pro. I may just be selling my Touch Pro and upgrading once again. This looks like it could be the perfect phone that I've been waiting for.

There are still some quirks with the Touch Pro that I hope they fix (e.g. Home Screen coming up when in text messaging program and switching to qwerty keyboard; short battery life - both batteries I own only last 1/2 a day), so I hope they resolve those prior to releasing.
Old 04-07-2009, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

RockChalk is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drexappeal View Post
So now, it's just a waiting game. If the size of this thing is the same size as the current Touch Pro. I may just be selling my Touch Pro and upgrading once again.
Touch Pro 2 will be bigger. Phonearena has it where you can do a side by side comparrison. TP2 is more like Touch HD.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives