PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Verizon Open Development

im pretty sure there is noo 175 dollar activation fee. where did yoou get this number from?

all iive been told is that as of feb 19 it begins, you ca use any phone compatible with verizons network, and the activation process will take up to three weeks to complete.

edit: how nice are thoose double-letter keyboard inputs? goooootta love my wild "o" key...makes my 6800 so unique, and annooying.

Last edited by ajm144k; 09-28-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint <--anything else would be uncivilized

PaydayJones is just getting started

Got the number from Verizon. Went through customer service on the phone twice, chat once, and in store once. Had to send the phone to North Jersey. I guess to have it flashed. Total cost $175.00 plus S&H.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

for something like the raphael to be flashed is 175 dollars extra? where's dreisdelle's instructions to put non verizon phones on their network??? Because I'd rather try that first then shell out almost 200 extra dollars plus the price of the raphael
Old 09-30-2008, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: LG Touch
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good workrhannahs19 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to rhannahs19

haha yeah ur lookin at like 800+ dollars to take a sprint raphael and bring it to verizon... i dunno if a motion sense and a little bit of extra ram is worth that
Old 10-01-2008, 05:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

maybe a topic should be open up about this...seriously an unofficial "verizon" rom can be released for people that buy phones like that
but for adding the esn in the db I just saw drellisdee do it on a 6700, 6800 and a 6900 from sprint but I dunno haven't seen em post in a bit

Last edited by Noir; 10-01-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

maelstrom is a n00b

Verizon would love to to have people move over with phones that they already own. That is free money to them. Phone carriers already have money built into your plan that pays for the 'discounted' phone. There is not much that they can do to restrict you from going to another carrier, unless they put something in the contract that forces you to keep it on a certain provider. Even then there is a limit on what they can do.

And Sprint did not jack up their PDAs, they left them the same. IF the Verizon version is different, it is because the downgraded and not because Sprint upgraded. Sprints specs are the same as the HTC specs.

You can also get the official ROMs for other providers too. I was able to get them from Verizon. I called them up and said that I had a phone that was out of warranty, but the ROMs somehow got corrupted. They sent me their ROMs to install on a PPC phone. I was just doing this to test that I could get the ROMs if i needed to if I buy a touch pro from Sprint if the Verizon version is gimped.

Last edited by maelstrom; 10-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Cell companies make money from you sticking with them and paying a lot more than they need every month. The reason Sprint is losing money is because of inconstent support and bad management and a lack of direction with plans. For $30 a month a SERO limited time offer was a loss for them hence they don't offer it anymore. That's the reason Cricket isn't huge, they don't charge enough to make a decent enough profit to build towers.

Alltel has a decent foothold between both cost of phones and plans, but they are too restrictive of that kind of stuff. One positive though is they make things as stable as possible, but they make the money on the plans because you sign a contract.

Who knows though? Verizon's buyout may bring positive changes. We just haven't seen anything yet.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News > News Archives