PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel
Threadstarter

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

The update for today is a good one I think anyways. I discovered a problem with the program I was using to flash the phones with. RSDLite. It wasnt working right, and I had 2 different devices get stuck in the bootloader and wouldnt flash or anything anymore. the flash would fail everytime at 95%,

to most this might be a bad thing, but it was a really good thing. because I was then able to figure out how i can use Motorola Software Update program to flash the file. So now there is no browsing for your file, all it is doing it plug phone into USB and load up program and press GO, and this is doing custom roms. So that is a good sign.

I am still getting Stalled in bootloader when I do a custom, and I am still working on figuring out what I am missing or over writing. I saw someone post that I might be missing a line that tells it to read from Internal Storage. Does anyone know what this line will look like or anything it would be very helpful.

but to recap, I am not able to use Motorola Software Update program to Flash the files, so that is a plus for the day. But I am still working on this, and oping to get it soon.

It is something in the OS part that is not booting, beucase I can copy the XIP, ULDR and header, into that file right from a working build, and it will not get out of bootloader, so I am going through that with a fine tooth comb now trying to find something that looks out of place.

Last edited by conflipper; 05-23-2009 at 10:55 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch, Alltel Touch Pro, PPC6800 & MotoQ on metroPCS
Carrier: metroPCS

81344songz is just getting started

Awesome news I think???
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
The update for today is a good one I think anyways. I discovered a problem with the program I was using to flash the phones with. RSDLite. It wasnt working right, and I had 2 different devices get stuck in the bootloader and wouldnt flash or anything anymore. the flash would fail everytime at 95%,

to most this might be a bad thing, but it was a really good thing. because I was then able to figure out how i can use Motorola Software Update program to flash the file. So now there is no browsing for your file, all it is doing it plug phone into USB and load up program and press GO, and this is doing custom roms. So that is a good sign.

I am still getting Stalled in bootloader when I do a custom, and I am still working on figuring out what I am missing or over writing. I saw someone post that I might be missing a line that tells it to read from Internal Storage. Does anyone know what this line will look like or anything it would be very helpful.

but to recap, I am not able to use Motorola Software Update program to Flash the files, so that is a plus for the day. But I am still working on this, and oping to get it soon.

It is something in the OS part that is not booting, beucase I can copy the XIP, ULDR and header, into that file right from a working build, and it will not get out of bootloader, so I am going through that with a fine tooth comb now trying to find something that looks out of place.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:16 AM
Lurker

y2neal is a n00b

Hey I just got done having the Flash problem with rsd-lite 4.5

i downgraded to 3.6 and it worked perfectly
Attached Files
File Type: zip RSD_LITE_3_6.zip (6.17 MB, 109 views) Click for barcode!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: moto Q original
Carrier: Cricket

skandolis is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to skandolis

Just curious, is the chipset driver the same between these phones, (original Q and 9qc ect.) if they have different chipsets, would that not cause the same problem?
Old 05-26-2009, 01:25 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

twentysixtwo is a n00b

mega cool. I upgraded to a TP earlier this year after I bricked my Q....I still paid to have my Q unbricked (bootloader error and was unable with RSDlite or Moto upgrade to reflash) since I really wanted to have it as a backup....
Old 05-26-2009, 03:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

THunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTHunDA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

looking foward to this, the girl I work with has a q9c and I'd be a hero (if you know what I mean..hehe) if I could hook her phone up..lol Ive been looking all over for a custom rom for this unit but cant find anything.
Old 05-26-2009, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Bell Touch, Alltel Touch Pro, PPC6800 & MotoQ on metroPCS
Carrier: metroPCS

81344songz is just getting started

It feels like an eternity waiting for good news on this subject.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:57 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: A few
Carrier: metro pcs

lil7rocket is a n00b

a suggestion... have you tried installing HardSPL? if I am reading things correctly that could very well be what is causing the problem.... shoot me a PM with a link and I will happily test it on my q
Old 05-28-2009, 06:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible
Carrier: Verizon

Weapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuffWeapondrift knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandolis View Post
Just curious, is the chipset driver the same between these phones, (original Q and 9qc ect.) if they have different chipsets, would that not cause the same problem?
heres two chipsets that i know of off the top of my head
Q9m = 32bit Intel XScale PXA270

Q9h = Texas Instruments OMAP 2420 RISC Chipset

DavidinCT "I was going to say something like......So I bumped into your girl and noticed the cheeze...then she said she was happy to find a real man....but, I just cant"
Old 05-28-2009, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: A few
Carrier: metro pcs

lil7rocket is a n00b

the original q is a ARM processor
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > Motorola Q