PPCGeeks Regular

81344songz is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

Awesome news I think???
Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
The update for today is a good one I think anyways. I discovered a problem with the program I was using to flash the phones with. RSDLite. It wasnt working right, and I had 2 different devices get stuck in the bootloader and wouldnt flash or anything anymore. the flash would fail everytime at 95%,

to most this might be a bad thing, but it was a really good thing. because I was then able to figure out how i can use Motorola Software Update program to flash the file. So now there is no browsing for your file, all it is doing it plug phone into USB and load up program and press GO, and this is doing custom roms. So that is a good sign.

I am still getting Stalled in bootloader when I do a custom, and I am still working on figuring out what I am missing or over writing. I saw someone post that I might be missing a line that tells it to read from Internal Storage. Does anyone know what this line will look like or anything it would be very helpful.

but to recap, I am not able to use Motorola Software Update program to Flash the files, so that is a plus for the day. But I am still working on this, and oping to get it soon.

It is something in the OS part that is not booting, beucase I can copy the XIP, ULDR and header, into that file right from a working build, and it will not get out of bootloader, so I am going through that with a fine tooth comb now trying to find something that looks out of place.