PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Motorola Q (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=67170)

conflipper 05-01-2009 06:07 PM

Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

I am starting a project up, although the device is old it is still a good device, I am going to be working on getting this to work, Once I do get it, if I do, I will try and expand everything to the new Q devices, Qc and Qm and stuff like that.

So I will try and post my progress here has i can get it.

Where I stand right now.

I have files decompressed, I have all of the dumps, for a verizon Motorola Q monster file. I have SYS and OEM from those. I have found the IMGFS start address and I am working on getting the xip out of there now.

The motorola q has a rom size limit of 78000 KBS, it uses XPR rom compression Type.

I am working now on getting the xip like i said, going through the files with a hex editor trying to find everything. once i can get the xip out, i will be able to build the rom and everything. once i get that made, I will need a test device to flash and see if it works.

I have posted a message in Bargin trader about someone having a Moto Q I Could buy for this project thought i would mention it here has well.

Stay tune for future updates.

conflipper 05-01-2009 06:08 PM

Re: Custom ROM on Motorola Q *Project*

let me reserve a post

remydakid 05-02-2009 02:07 PM

Hey! i have an old sprint moto q im using again for the moment, in a few weeks, itll be my once again spare phone, let me know how i could help

crashvt 05-05-2009 08:13 AM

This would be awesome. It would be great to update my wife's phone. She is jealous of all the flashing I do to my touch pro.

81344songz 05-05-2009 02:08 PM

i Support You A 120% On This One =D>
Sorry Something Is Wrong With The Keyboard I'm Not Yelling

conflipper 05-06-2009 01:01 AM

spend the last few days at work, back now, making progess on this. i do have a motorola q now, no battery, so i will pick one up here soon, so then i can start to test things i have made arleady.

81344songz 05-08-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by conflipper (Post 898407)
spend the last few days at work, back now, making progess on this. i do have a motorola q now, no battery, so i will pick one up here soon, so then i can start to test things i have made arleady.

ok that's good news.
I gave up on it and gave my girl's lil' bro the Q
I purchased an Alltel TP.
I would of kept it if I had knew that there was a project in the midst.
I like the scroll wheel on the right side.
Its just a good phone to me.
*Off-Subject*
What are you gonna do when Alltel completely transitions over to Verizon?

81344songz 05-10-2009 12:26 PM

I'm rounding up the Squad from IntraSpace to help you

conflipper 05-11-2009 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Sweet thanks for doing that. has for now, I will share a little of my progess so far. here is the XIP for the Q and the Q9c, I will get the Q9m later on. But here are those 2 xips.

The Q9c is a 6.1 XIP, SYS 19704
The Q XIP is WM5, SYS 5.1.14960

Also the Q9m XIP is now uploaded.

typo lad 05-12-2009 07:56 AM

This is fascinating. Keep us posted. I just started using a Q (waiting on a pre) and I love ROMs.