PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6800 > HTC Touch Pro (Alltel!) > HTC Incredible
Carrier: Alltel -> VZW

Ed Zachary is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Plan VS Droid

Quote:
Originally Posted by breakmyfootoff View Post
That is incorrect. Paying the 20.00 early renewal fee (which does in fact exist) allows you to erase the 2nd year of your 2 year contract as long as you are commiting to another 2 year contract with them, and you do get a phone at the subsidized price. I have the reciept to prove it.
Oh. So I must have hallucinated the entire conversation then...
Old 12-13-2009, 05:47 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Zachary View Post
Oh. So I must have hallucinated the entire conversation then...
You dont have to be an ass about it. I was just saying that the info he gave you is incorrect. The sarcasm is not necessary.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 12-13-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Sorry. Just so damn tired of VZW's cavalier attitude towards Alltel customers that were assimilated during the merger. I have experienced time and again that what works for VZW customers tends to fall flat very soon after the VZW employee notices that "oh, you were with Alltel."

This appears to be yet another instance.
Old 12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I hear ya man, I was lucky enough to get a rep that was assimilated from Alltel when I called and ordered my Droid. No harm done anyway, it's harder to communicate exactly what you mean on here without facial expression and tone . It may have sounded like I was calling you a liar initially, but I was intending to say that the info he gave you was incorrect, not that you fabricated the story about talking to him
Old 12-13-2009, 10:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: verizon

xsatanx is just getting started

just an fyi(not rubbing it in or anything) i had a touchpro on alltel for 9-10 months,sent it in for my 8th refurb 3 days ago got it back and voice mail didnt work i call vrzn was literally on phone for about 8 min was upgraded for free to a droid kept my plan on alltel and was given 50 dollars off my bill for my "hassle"..the only thing i said was if they couldnt send me a phone that didnt break every month then i was going to at&t...just recieved my droid and activated it and flashed a new rom on the touch pro works fine now..try th magic words even if your alltel they dont want you to leave for sprint or at&t..just my 2 cents though good luck either way
Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

It took one month and three hours on the phone to get VZW to replace a dead Touch Pro with something equal or better. Each tech support person we talked with would tell us the phone needed to be replaced, but the warranty people wanted to play games. At one point they sent a "refurbed" Alltel TP that looked like it had been skipped across a parking lot. After going into "broken record" mode with them, insisting the phone be replaced with something equal or better, they sent an Eris. Because that was the only thing they had in stock.

And they extended the subsidy period another four months, chalking it up to a manager-overridden upgrade instead of a warranty replacement. Payment for their hassle, I guess.

Trying to upgrade continues to be a circus. A rep will tell me one thing over the phone, insist I come in to the store, then say that what the previously told me was incorrect. "Sorry if it caused you any inconvenience."
Old 12-15-2009, 10:41 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Farnz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsatanx View Post
just an fyi(not rubbing it in or anything) i had a touchpro on alltel for 9-10 months,sent it in for my 8th refurb 3 days ago got it back and voice mail didnt work i call vrzn was literally on phone for about 8 min was upgraded for free to a droid kept my plan on alltel and was given 50 dollars off my bill for my "hassle"..the only thing i said was if they couldnt send me a phone that didnt break every month then i was going to at&t...just recieved my droid and activated it and flashed a new rom on the touch pro works fine now..try th magic words even if your alltel they dont want you to leave for sprint or at&t..just my 2 cents though good luck either way
I've had nothing but problems with my TP as well. I exchanged it the first week due to GPS issues in store, and have exchanged it by mail twice (keyboard broken)as well. GPS does not work at all even with the $10.00 plan that I was tricked into after buying the phone(my phone DOES NOT work with GPS without the plan). I called and really complained on Friday. Rep was really nice and said it could be replaced with a Droid but I would have to receive one more replacement as I haven't hit the 3 bad phones yet. Technically I have, but the one exchange in store didn't count. He basically told me to call as soon as I receive the phone, state that there is a problem with it, and a Droid would be on the way. It's already been notated in my account. Now, if that actually happens, I'll be shocked, but that's what I'm hoping for.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:31 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

how do we check to see if we can get the droid and keep our alltel plan online?
Old 12-21-2009, 04:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: verizon

xsatanx is just getting started

i dont know how you can check online but if your paying full out on the droid then you can keep your same plan insurance goes up like a buck or something..my brother inlaw did it,still on alltel just bought droid and they switched it over no hassle.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

thanks.

im wonderin if i can use my upgrade to get a droid at the upgrade price

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Motorola Devices > Moto Droid