PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

cesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuffcesium knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to cesium Send a message via MSN to cesium
Re: [APP][VGA]Panoramic Background for Gen.Y Manila 2.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastert33 View Post
I installed the dark earth CAB and I noticed lines when switching through tabs...is that normal?
happens to me too
Old 08-16-2009, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I installed the dark earth CAB and I noticed lines when switching through tabs...is that normal?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesium View Post
happens to me too
If you are talking about the 2 thin vertical lines you see, then yes it's normal and no one has figured a way out to fix it. It seems more prominent on some backgrounds than others.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: gsm

RR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
If you are talking about the 2 thin vertical lines you see, then yes it's normal and no one has figured a way out to fix it. It seems more prominent on some backgrounds than others.
I did not test it because I haven't installed manila 2.1 (I'm waiting for a cooked rom with my language) yet but I believed that you did manage to get rid of those scrolling lines...

This issue surely comes from the fact that the image is split into 3 parts so a solution to not have these lines would be to have only one big image of 1536x512 : is someone able to do that ?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Im running energy aug. 11. rom and after installing the first attachment cab the background works but behind the slider AND onlyon the home tab there is still energy's background mixed with the new background.

Also the energy background only shows up behind the slider when you begin to slide it from the homepage but the background will be perfect if you slide it from any other tab.

Last edited by philliyxx; 08-17-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: found another part of bug?
Old 08-18-2009, 08:40 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Im running energy aug. 11. rom and after installing the first attachment cab the background works but behind the slider AND onlyon the home tab there is still energy's background mixed with the new background.

Also the energy background only shows up behind the slider when you begin to slide it from the homepage but the background will be perfect if you slide it from any other tab.
See the FAQ in post 2 for a solution. I think it is to change the wallpaper and say yes when it asks you if you want to use the default one.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR33 View Post
I did not test it because I haven't installed manila 2.1 (I'm waiting for a cooked rom with my language) yet but I believed that you did manage to get rid of those scrolling lines...

This issue surely comes from the fact that the image is split into 3 parts so a solution to not have these lines would be to have only one big image of 1536x512 : is someone able to do that ?
I think the manila image files can only be 512 pixels wide, so that is why there are 3 put together. Please see message below as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RR33 View Post
Good job & great detailed explanations !!!

Is it possible to make the same on TF3D1 : I mean the "no cut-off" image while scrolling ?

Thanks a lot,

^^
I cannot send you a private messages, so I am posting this here. I tried to make the changes to the TF3D1 panoramic mod so that you will have the panoramic wallpaper showing while changing tabs and added landscape support. Please try it and let me know. The TF3D1 manila file does not have as must stuff in it, so I really don't know how well it will work. If you can test it, I can probably change/adjust the position of the wallpaper as needed. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: zip tf3d panorama.zip (901.2 KB, 12 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: gsm

RR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuffRR33 knows their stuff
Re: [APP][VGA]17 August 2009 Update to v1.1 Panoramic Background for Gen.Y Manila 2.1

Hi,

thanks for your answers, I 'm gonna test your file now...

EDIT: it doesn't work on TF3D1... but it doesn't matter because tomorrow a French rom with Yozgatg manila 2.1 will be released so I'll install your TF3D2.1 mod

thanks for your efforts

Last edited by RR33; 08-19-2009 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO

philliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good workphilliyxx is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to philliyxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
See the FAQ in post 2 for a solution. I think it is to change the wallpaper and say yes when it asks you if you want to use the default one.
Thank you. That did fix the problem! Sorry I must have just over looked that
Old 08-19-2009, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [APP][VGA]17 August 2009 Update to v1.1 Panoramic Background for Gen.Y Manila 2.1

I would love to see some new backgrounds. I lil problem(not really) I find is the backgrounds a like are light in color so it's difficult to see the font.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:02 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by philliyxx View Post
Thank you. That did fix the problem! Sorry I must have just over looked that
It was added later when I updated the post, so you didn't miss anything .

Quote:
I would love to see some new backgrounds. I lil problem(not really) I find is the backgrounds a like are light in color so it's difficult to see the font.
Yeah, sometimes the font is hard to read on certain menus. One person at XDA installed a new system/touchflo font that helped him some. You can look into that. No one has come up with a solution yet. If you have a background you want made, just post a link to the pic and I'll do it when I have some time. It's not hard to learn how to do, but it hardly takes me anytime these days .
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks