PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2010, 09:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: samsung omnia
Carrier: sun cellular

ydlaz is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile Re: [VGA]Manila 2.1 Panoramic Background v2b

Gud day to all. Really like this on my touch pro. Im really having hard time to install this. Is there a step by step guide for installing on tp? By the way still using stock rom on my tp. Tnx
Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmobile

69s fine 68s great is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to 69s fine 68s great
Re: [VGA]Manila 2.1 Panoramic Background v2b

any chance getting this done for wvga?
Old 01-18-2010, 11:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ydlaz View Post
Gud day to all. Really like this on my touch pro. Im really having hard time to install this. Is there a step by step guide for installing on tp? By the way still using stock rom on my tp. Tnx
It works on the gen.y manila 2.1 vga port. It will not work on the stock ROM, though if you search you should find a compatible version that is close to what this mod does. I do not have a link.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69s fine 68s great View Post
any chance getting this done for wvga?
Read post 1 and look for rotastrains thread at xda xperia. That is a wvga version, but you'll have to check on which manila version it is for.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

kkeller87 is just getting started

hey,

whats the best rom to run this on? I tried NRG's and i had some problems with the clock being all messed up and also had some other issues that id be better off asking in his thread.

I also tried to flash Gen.Y's R5 rom and it got stuck on the touchdiamond splash screen, so no go there.

any help?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:39 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
hey,

whats the best rom to run this on? I tried NRG's and i had some problems with the clock being all messed up and also had some other issues that id be better off asking in his thread.

I also tried to flash Gen.Y's R5 rom and it got stuck on the touchdiamond splash screen, so no go there.

any help?
The version posted here is for manila 2.1 (pre-sense manila). I updated the post at xda with a version that works on kimi's sense 2.1 vga port, but xda is down right now. The link below will take you there when xda comes back. The sense 2.1 version is not fully tested as I am on sense 2.5. I think it may make it so you cannot access the world clock, but haven't really heard much one way or the other.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=547941
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks for the quick response. ill check it out and let ya know what happens
Old 04-10-2010, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

mwalt2

I used omjs 2.1 rom. tried installing kimis 2.1 cab and it kept saying unsuccessful. so i took the files from your ext file and copied them into /windows and its worked!
my last question is how can i get that original wallpaper, the one that's blueish and looks like a microscopic view of whatever? mine is showing a gray background with water droplets. Either a cab or the manila files would be great, or a link pointing to it

thanks in advance!

Last edited by kkeller87; 04-10-2010 at 05:26 PM.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:13 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkeller87 View Post
mwalt2

I used omjs 2.1 rom. tried installing kimis 2.1 cab and it kept saying unsuccessful. so i took the files from your ext file and copied them into /windows and its worked!
my last question is how can i get that original wallpaper, the one that's blueish and looks like a microscopic view of whatever? mine is showing a gray background with water droplets. Either a cab or the manila files would be great, or a link pointing to it

thanks in advance!
I've attached them to this post (just the manila files). Let me know if they are the wrong ones. I didn't actually check with cfcgui to look at the image in the manila files. All files go in \windows as you found out .
Attached Files
File Type: zip files.zip (196.8 KB, 4 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-11-2010, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2 View Post
I've attached them to this post (just the manila files). Let me know if they are the wrong ones. I didn't actually check with cfcgui to look at the image in the manila files. All files go in \windows as you found out .
IT WORKED! thanks so much! you just made my day!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks