PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ORB finally integrated into TF3d2!!! Updated!

I believe its for security reasons, that way someone couldn't steal your links for direct streams. Just Enter the page for each channel they stay constant, then you can see whats playing on the channel before you play it. Also if you change it to stream in .3gp format you don't have to dl any .asx files it will just open and start playing.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:56 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartisall View Post
I believe its for security reasons, that way someone couldn't steal your links for direct streams. Just Enter the page for each channel they stay constant, then you can see whats playing on the channel before you play it. Also if you change it to stream in .3gp format you don't have to dl any .asx files it will just open and start playing.
Mhm, i will do that as soon as Orb starts working with my MCE remote, atm I cant even use it for TV...

EDIT: due to Orb's issues, i'm trying something that will work with my Media Center. Called Webguide. Claims to do what Orb can do, we'll find out soon enough!

http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide/

Last edited by Laos101; 09-28-2009 at 12:18 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

pocketgamer is just getting started

I can't gain access to edit " 26948339_manila".

What I mean is that I can navigate to it on the phone, but I cant see the file on my computer end. I even copied the file into a different folder, but the folder shows as empty. This is frustrating because I have been able to modify several files in the past.

Any idea's? Anyone want to modify the file and upload it so I can then just paste it into my windows folder?

Thanks
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketgamer View Post
I can't gain access to edit " 26948339_manila".

What I mean is that I can navigate to it on the phone, but I cant see the file on my computer end. I even copied the file into a different folder, but the folder shows as empty. This is frustrating because I have been able to modify several files in the past.

Any idea's? Anyone want to modify the file and upload it so I can then just paste it into my windows folder?

Thanks
There's a few ways:

First off, make sure touch flo is off by going to settings > today > items tab> uncheck touch flo. When you copy the edited manila file back into \Windows, touch flo needs to be off, that way when you turn it on, it has the new file and everything loads up correctly.

Download total commander (it's a file explorer program.) Navigate to the file, copy it to somewhere on the storage card, then navigate to the copied file. You can change attributes so it's not hidden or read only. Then you should be able to see it on your computer when you plug your phone in. Once you're done editing it with notepad, you can save it, then copy it back over to \Windows with total commander, overwriting any old file.

OR

You can also set up your computer to show hidden system files (which is what it's seeing the manila file as.) Go to your Windows Explorer (windows key + e) and go to Tools > Folder Options > View tab > "Show hidden files and folders." This way when you copy it over, you don't need to change any attributes with total commander just to see it on your pc. You will need to uncheck read only from your PC though (right click the file, go to properties) so you can edit and save it.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Tmobile

michealmyers is a n00b

i cant the tv guide to work with orb v1.0, no matter what zip code i put in...do any of u have orb v1.0 working?
Old 10-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
Mhm, i will do that as soon as Orb starts working with my MCE remote, atm I cant even use it for TV...

EDIT: due to Orb's issues, i'm trying something that will work with my Media Center. Called Webguide. Claims to do what Orb can do, we'll find out soon enough!

http://www.asciiexpress.com/webguide/
Did you ever get this to work with Webguide?

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 11-22-2009, 01:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T-Mobile HTC Touch Pro 2(Rhodium 7200A)
Carrier: T-Mobile

Angelfire226 is a n00b

I think what we are running into is the 26948339_manila on some devices is cooked into the rom and cannot be overwritten. I am running a Tmobile Rhodium HTC TP2 and this is what I am dealing with for Manila TV Player and Manila Today Page. At first I thought that they were causing compatibility problems with each other. I did manage to hack the reg in Manila Config to work with the Today Page, now I am trying to find a work around to run both tabs in TF3D 3.0.

If anyone has any suggestions, please... feel free...

Thanks,

-A
Old 11-25-2009, 06:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

It can still be overwritten you just need to use a good file explorer, I recommend resco it works every time for me no matter what rom I'm on.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Starcruiser1229 is a n00b

If the file is not showing up, Chronster has the right idea, but if you cannot see the file at all in Windows even after enabling "View Hidden Files", there is another option on that same list called "Hide Protected Operating System Files" - if the file is marked "Hidden" and "System" it will not show unless you UN-check this option as well. I am not sure if that applies to this file or not, but it might...?

Disclaimer/Warning: If you do disable this option, do not change or delete any of the files that suddenly appear on your computer - they are (Obviously) system files that you should not mess with unless you really know what you are doing - I would recommend going in and re-checking that box afterward, to prevent accidents (and so you don't have to look at all of the random windows files everywhere)...

P.S. - THANKS! I can't wait to get this setup - I LOVE my ORB and the idea of integrating it with Touch-Flo is AWESOME!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850sp
Carrier: Metropcs

Wutor is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Wutor Send a message via Yahoo to Wutor Send a message via Skype™ to Wutor

So ppl, where are we with the whole settings in cab file? (just checking)
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks