PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)
Carrier: Verizon

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ORB finally integrated into TF3d2!!! Updated!

It should be in the rar or zip file attached on the first post.

One note, I have found a couple flaws in this Orb system...

Using the newer Orb 2.0, the links to the TV channel stream.asx files change daily.. that's a pain. One thing that does stay solid is the link to the channel's guide entry, so in theory the channel would point there, then you could click "Play channel" on the webpage from Opera... One problem for me right now is that Opera tries to open the asx file in its own browser-based player, which does not work.. I have not figured out a good fix for those two problems yet.

jakewill
Old 09-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

heartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuffheartisall knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakewill View Post
It should be in the rar or zip file attached on the first post.

One note, I have found a couple flaws in this Orb system...

Using the newer Orb 2.0, the links to the TV channel stream.asx files change daily.. that's a pain. One thing that does stay solid is the link to the channel's guide entry, so in theory the channel would point there, then you could click "Play channel" on the webpage from Opera... One problem for me right now is that Opera tries to open the asx file in its own browser-based player, which does not work.. I have not figured out a good fix for those two problems yet.

jakewill
Yea I know I figured that out, that was one of the problems that I was referring to in the first post. I to have it set to point to the specific channels page. It is actually kinda nice because it lets you know whats playing and then you can press play. I believe if you revert back to the origional orb 1.0 than they don't change but I am not positive. Also if you go into your orb settings and change the format to .3gp it will open up in HTC streaming media player which seems to work better for me over wmp, it doesn't ever stop and exit full screen like wmp does. Also you don't have to repeatedly download the .asx file, instead it just opens.
Old 09-02-2009, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible, HTC Diamond (Alltel)

jakewill is keeping up the good workjakewill is keeping up the good work

Good call, brah. That is what I'm officially doing, now.

This really does work GREAT. Thanks for the hard work to get it up and going. I did try to go back to Orb 1.0, but it does NOT work with Vista SP1. Oh well, now mine points to the channel's page, and like you said, I can see what's on the line-up so it's nice.

One problem I was also having is that I also use Vista Media Center to watch analog TV thru my tuner card, but it runs the "Windows Media Center Receiver Service" that effectively keeps Orb from playing my TV stations. I just set that service to "Disabled" and stop the service when I will be using Orb, but if you know of a better fix, let me know.

Again, Heartisall, THANK YOU. Mad props, bro. Pretty sick getting 70 TV stations on my phone for free... Not to mention the sweet coverflow through the station logos.

jakewill
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

bugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuffbugsy90 knows their stuff

very neat - a little love for you http://www.fuzemobility.com/add-an-orb-tab-to-tf3d2/
Old 09-11-2009, 10:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

noahas is a n00b
Re: ORB finally integrated into TF3d2!!! Videos!

I would like to get this working. I am hoping someone can help me with where I went wrong.

Quote:
copy the Manila.reg file I have included to your phone and click on it and it should import to your registry.
I copied it to the phone, placed it in the /Windows directory as well as trying it in /My Documents and both times I tried running it I got an error - "There is no application associated with "Manila". Run the application first, then open this file from within the application". This occurs when I try to open it both with Total Commander as well as the File Explorer program. So I am not getting it installed in the registry...

Quote:
Next you will have to edit your 26948339_manila file. This will be located in your windows folder, copy it to you computer and open it with either wordpad or an xml editor. Place this code in the file below the code that follows this format it should be near the top.
So just for clarification, am I replacing the section which says <Page order = 12 ...> or just placing it after 11 and before the existing 12?

Thanks again. I am looking forward to getting this working
Old 09-12-2009, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

I've got is working to the point that it opens up in opera and then stops. The link I see it going to is www./ which doesnt make sense. Any help would be great. I am using a Touch Pro with NRG 8/11 standard rom.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 09-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Lurker

noahas is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
I've got is working to the point that it opens up in opera and then stops. The link I see it going to is www./ which doesnt make sense. Any help would be great. I am using a Touch Pro with NRG 8/11 standard rom.
I think the problem is that you didn't edit the 3ABBF71F_manila file. It has the stub of "http ..." and you must actually put in the address as explained in the first posts. By going to Orb's mobile page and getting the links there.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Lurker

noahas is a n00b

I have it all working now, just curious. Is it normal that the page says "loading..." in the middle of the channel when on the "live tv" tab? When I click on it, it goes to Opera and the program guide, but I didn't know if that was supposed to display in the graphic on the tab? I assume it would be tough to do that, so this is likely the normal behavior. Just looking for confirmation. Thanks.

*** Update ***

Never mind, my error, I had copied the pictures of the stations out of the folder, instead of copying the entire folder to where it belonged. All is good. Thanks for this info. Works great.

Last edited by noahas; 09-14-2009 at 03:49 PM. Reason: update status
Old 09-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: tmo

belief is a n00b

JUST MAKE A f8888 CAB FOR US LOSERS THAT DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKIN ABOUT!!!
Old 09-14-2009, 05:03 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

I'm gonna try this as soon as I get home. Thanks for all your efforts. You are the man!!!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks