PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New TF3D HD port.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
I am using YaY for juggs 4.0 I think he might have used the gsm version of manila since it came with a flip clock and the htc default background.
Thats making a lot more sense,(I should've notice your post above) thanks. At this point till there is a better understand individuals with stock roms should wait.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt

Last edited by fat boy; 01-12-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So I can only assume you will lose all manila customizations (sliders, icons, clocks). Is it possible to reload all those things once the switch to HD Manila has been made? Can anyone confirm this? Other than the speed HD doesn't seem to have much of an advantage over the regular TF3D.

I am using a Diamond with stock Sprint ROM but modded to hell and back.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

I have this installed on mighty's latest touch pro rom. I have to say that it is definitely a good idea but i would have to say i don't like it very much. It is obvious that most of this stuff was resized to fit our screens which gives it a cheap look. Also there are alot of bugs in this as well. TF3D just keeps closing. It is definitely smoother and much faster though. Just my 2 cents. I am going to stick with the TF3D i previously had until they fix the bugs and make this look a little more attractive.
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO ,
Carrier: SPRINT

afanaras is a n00b

I just installed it on my HTC PRO (Sprint), running Juggalo TP ROM v0.06.03B and it seems to work fine. So far I like it but I wish there was a landscape option;
Old 01-12-2009, 01:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't quite get the attraction of this. The stock tab is kinda cool although there are way better options for stock tracking. Other than that, it is pretty generic black/white theme & a weather tab that doesn't look right at all. The other tabs can all be added to any theme, same with the customizations etc etc

The slider/icons etc are the same old black generic ones we all couldn't wait to change, the wallpaper is just a black screen, no landscape option etc etc etc

What am I missing?? Why would I want to switch to this?? I'm not trying to be a wise-***, I'm genuinely curious??

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't quite get the attraction of this. The stock tab is kinda cool although there are way better options for stock tracking. Other than that, it is pretty generic black/white theme & a weather tab that doesn't look right at all. The other tabs can all be added to any theme, same with the customizations etc etc

The slider/icons etc are the same old black generic ones we all couldn't wait to change, the wallpaper is just a black screen, no landscape option etc etc etc

What am I missing?? Why would I want to switch to this?? I'm not trying to be a wise-***, I'm genuinely curious??

~John
I think that is a great question, for me I also have solutions for both the weather and stocks that are very nice and workable but I'd rather have the addition of having this in my TF3D. Also all reports say this is VERY fast, I like that. But most important for me personally is the home page multiple calendar extension, I've yet to see it so I might be disappointed but My hope is this really gives me better options for my calendar right in TF3D. Also having the additons to the contact tab and the additional tab edit tab is a nice addition.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC6700, Treo 700wx, Touch Pro

CountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good workCountryDevil is keeping up the good work

I can see some benefit to having this with the extra options. But I also agree that there are other options out there for the information and options being added. Wiht that said, the generic color option is not all that good.

If there were some sort of utility to create your own apps AND easily add them to a tab, I might go for this. But the customization is just not there yet.

I will wait and see what comes of this.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:19 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Uninstalled per the instructions, but I get XBmod HD MANILA was not completely removed. Do you want to remove it from the list of installed programs?

Disabled, Soft reset, tried to uninstall, get the message.

Try to enable TF3D and it does not come up.

Old 01-12-2009, 02:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC PRO ,
Carrier: SPRINT

afanaras is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryDevil View Post
I can see some benefit to having this with the extra options. But I also agree that there are other options out there for the information and options being added. Wiht that said, the generic color option is not all that good.

If there were some sort of utility to create your own apps AND easily add them to a tab, I might go for this. But the customization is just not there yet.

I will wait and see what comes of this.
I am very new to HTC PRO and to customizations, (I just managed to Flash a new Rom last night) and I agree with CountryDevil, I would love to have a utility that I can use to personalize my phone. I have to admit though that the TF3d HD is fast.
Old 01-12-2009, 03:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
the home page multiple calendar extension, I've yet to see it .
I'm curious about that myself although I have an awfully nice calendar setup right now.

I use Pocket Informant (awesome app) & have it mapped to the calendar shortcut on the TF3D Home Screen.

~John
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks