PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2!
Carrier: Sprint

pastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpastert33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TF3D HD port 1/23/09 update

I don't know if this happened to others but this screwed my phone up!! I installed this, but whenever I tried to add a city to the weather it would reboot TFLO3D. So I thought I would uninstall, but it wouldn't uninstall(I used the 3 CAB method). So I hard reset only to find out my phone would not boot up! It wouldn't get past the screen with the red writing on the bottom!
Old 01-24-2009, 01:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: G1
Carrier: TMO

rpmccormick is becoming a great contributor

You never posted the red theme. I don't even want to install HD-manila without your red theme to go with it. Can you please post it?

-Note: The one thing I will want to change for sure is the fully-transparent bottom curtain. The slider just looks horrible to me on tabs with text behind the tab-icons. I like a semi-transparent one so you can still see the text under, but it is separated from the tab-icons.

Is the bottom curtain the same manila file as for the stock TF3D. If not, can you please also post the original manila file so I know which one it is and also have the source graphic so I can make it semi-transparent. Thanks.

EDIT: Also, what do you mean by no landscape support? Honestly I don't want traditional landscape support or even Juggalo's version for that matter, I just want the HD-manila interface to stay in portrait mode and be fully operational even when the keyboard is open. That would be awesome if it already does this! (of course I would still want it to be in landscape mode when other apps are in the foreground) Full-Screen games already work like that, so I know it can be done.

EDIT2: I take that back... full-screen games do not respond to screen clicks with the keyboard open. Oh well, I still want the same interface even if it is not operational. I just hate it when you click on an email or text message, then open the keyboard before it shows, then the screen flashes the email/sms screen, but then goes back to the 8 manila icons because the landscape mode loaded after opening the email/sms screen.
Telus v1.04.05V Radio

Last edited by rpmccormick; 01-24-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO(AT&T Fuze)
Carrier: T-Mobile Pre-Paid

DHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the communityDHarvey is a trusted member of the community
Re: TF3D HD port 1/22/09 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat boy View Post
DHarvey,
Thanks for allowing the post of your cab. It would be great if you could put a screen shot of you home tab and any other changes in post # 162.....I think a lot of people are going to be interested. thanks again.
Will do.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Ok, I bit the bullet and installed it. Still waiting for that Red Skin though. It is kinda laggy compared to TF3D (I thought people said it was "fast"). I mostly installed it because it shows multiple contact methods in the People tab instead of just the one number/txt/email you choose. Love that feature. The stock tab is cool too.

I have one problem that I know has been discussed, but I'm a little confused on it. The weather tab on mine it was blank (did not keep my one city from TF3D). I added my city. It let me, but then crashed when updating. Now whenever I switch to that tab it trys to update and crashes. There are screen shots of the weather, and people complain it is stretched out, so I know it is possible to get it working with some content, even if you can't add a custom city. New York is one of the defaults so I'm fine with that. But mine had no cities by default and I can't be in the tab long enough to delete my added city before it crashes. What gives?

-Thanks.

EDIT: Oh, I only installed 1.8.1 cab. I'm trying to find the forecast cache file now, I hope that is the answer.
EDIT2: Where is this cache file? I keep looking manually and searching this thread. Where is the dang file so I can delete it?
EDIT3: Found it in the XDA thread: My device/Application Data/HTC/databases/forecast_cache.db

Last edited by rpmccormick; 01-24-2009 at 05:42 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-24-2009, 07:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Pro
Carrier: Sprint

CareTake12 is keeping up the good workCareTake12 is keeping up the good work

Is there a way to get the four icon on the people screen.... when i install the TF3D HD, the icon isn't there....
Old 01-24-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

The 4 are there for me (for some contacts). It only shows numbers you have entered, so if your contact only has one number, that's all you will see.

BUG/ISSUE/WEIRDNESS: I want 13 tabs (no comm or sounds since both of those are already under the settings tab) in the order with the first 5 being Home, People, Call History, SMS, Mail. This for some reason is impossible. I have tried using Adv. Cfg, TF3D Config, and editing the 26948339_manila manually. If you look in the file, the page numbers are all screwy and not how they show up (for example, people is 5 even though it shows up as 1, and weather is 1 even though it shows up as 6). It seems that the 4 added tabs (or at least calendar and call history) have to be at the end of the list, or they overwrite one of the existing ones and you only have 11 icons again. It seems like most of the default icons cannot be moved, they are always in the same position no matter how you change their page order value. Does anyone have a fix for this? I really, really, really want call history as my 3rd icon, and I don't want it overwriting SMS.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2, TP, Touch, Rant, Rumor: on 9 lines
Carrier: Sprint Business plan
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareTake12 View Post
Is there a way to get the four icon on the people screen.... when i install the TF3D HD, the icon isn't there....
You will have either 1, 2 ,3, 4 or 5 icons depending on how much information you have for each. If you have cell phone only then you will have 2 icons, one for cell and one for texts. If you also have home and office numbers then those will show up as well. Its different for each contact......see my screen shots.

(¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- 'Energy' |Sept 20| 21916| Sense 2.5|Cookie 2.0-.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯)
EDC: htc TP2, Rohrbaugh R9 Stealth, Dereelight C2H, Pocket Bible NASB, Leatherman Squirt
Old 01-24-2009, 10:55 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

fat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIPfat boy is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmccormick View Post
The 4 are there for me (for some contacts). It only shows numbers you have entered, so if your contact only has one number, that's all you will see.

BUG/ISSUE/WEIRDNESS: I want 13 tabs (no comm or sounds since both of those are already under the settings tab) in the order with the first 5 being Home, People, Call History, SMS, Mail. This for some reason is impossible. I have tried using Adv. Cfg, TF3D Config, and editing the 26948339_manila manually. If you look in the file, the page numbers are all screwy and not how they show up (for example, people is 5 even though it shows up as 1, and weather is 1 even though it shows up as 6). It seems that the 4 added tabs (or at least calendar and call history) have to be at the end of the list, or they overwrite one of the existing ones and you only have 11 icons again. It seems like most of the default icons cannot be moved, they are always in the same position no matter how you change their page order value. Does anyone have a fix for this? I really, really, really want call history as my 3rd icon, and I don't want it overwriting SMS.
I would not mess with if manually. and I have used TF3D config without a hitch and taken out and moved around tabs with no problem. I am on a stock rom.
Old 01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
EDIT2: Where is this cache file? I keep looking manually and searching this thread. Where is the dang file so I can delete it?
EDIT3: Found it in the XDA thread: My device/Application Data/HTC/databases/forecast_cache.db
Sorry I thought I had this in post 1 opps I will update it.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
EDIT: Also, what do you mean by no landscape support? Honestly I don't want traditional landscape support or even Juggalo's version for that matter, I just want the HD-manila interface to stay in portrait mode and be fully operational even when the keyboard is open. That would be awesome if it already does this! (of course I would still want it to be in landscape mode when other apps are in the foreground) Full-Screen games already work like that, so I know it can be done.
I think you are going to get what you want, please let us know.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Hacks/Tweaks > Manila / TF3D Tweaks