PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2011, 09:34 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Kitchen released

I've never been able to get the gps to work good, since the day I bought it. I've tried quickgps and setting the com port... didn't do any good. I'll have to try pizzaboy192's rom and see if it works any better for me.

Anyone know of a better browser than opera 10, or a better keyboard than the factory one on the fathom?

@cac2us: I noticed the lack of benefit from stripping all that stuff out too... it has me curious what I might be missing.

Last edited by da_reeseboy; 11-19-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-19-2011, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192

@cac2us: Here's what I think is coming to you: A phone from the warranty center. That's how they ship out from the LG and Verizon warranty centers. Must be either an employee who's been sneaking them home, or just a box of extra stock that nobody wanted.

As for the rom: I built a new one today... and when it's compressed it's a whopping 13mb. I don't know what's wrong with it, as I added more things to it and it says it built fine.

I don't know if it's good, but there shouldn't be any harm flashing it. It's 53MB uncompressed.

http://www.pizzaboy192.com/downloads...6_Anemic_B2.7z
Old 11-19-2011, 02:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC 6700/T8585, Samsung i760, LG VS750
Carrier: T-Mobile, Reachout Wireless

n1nj4Lo is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

I always liked uZard WebP and SlideIT.
Old 11-19-2011, 04:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Send a message via AIM to n1nj4Lo Send a message via MSN to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Yahoo to n1nj4Lo Send a message via Skype™ to n1nj4Lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
@cac2us: Here's what I think is coming to you: A phone from the warranty center. That's how they ship out from the LG and Verizon warranty centers. Must be either an employee who's been sneaking them home, or just a box of extra stock that nobody wanted.

As for the rom: I built a new one today... and when it's compressed it's a whopping 13mb. I don't know what's wrong with it, as I added more things to it and it says it built fine.

I don't know if it's good, but there shouldn't be any harm flashing it. It's 53MB uncompressed.

http://www.pizzaboy192.com/downloads...6_Anemic_B2.7z
Holy smokes!! How big is it once installed/otherwords how much free space? Also what all removed? Everything in your previous post?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 View Post
Exactly how anemic would you like this ROM?
I can cook one up in a few minutes and see what happens with it. I could even try to rip out Office if you'd like.
So far I've pretty much gotten everything else cleaned out. I'll see what happens when I try using some of my own EXT files.

Built!
What's included: Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Core
What's removed:
Adobe Flash
Adobe Flash Codecs
AutoUpdate
CHome (Titanium)
Entertainment (Games (solitare))
Lockscreen
Office
OneNote
SampleMusic
Microsoft Myphone (kinda useless really)
Welcome center
Windows Live
Widgets
PowerMobia
LG Volume
Startup and Shutdown animations

OEM Items:
Arcsoft MMS
LG Camera
LG Mobile Hotspot
LG Phone Canvas

That's it.

It's available here.

I HAVE NOT TESTED IT. It should work though.
Or...

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 11-19-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom, Palm T|X, MotoQ9c, Jornada 567

pizzaboy192 is keeping up the good workpizzaboy192 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to pizzaboy192 Send a message via MSN to pizzaboy192 Send a message via Skype™ to pizzaboy192
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50430; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

i only have titanium and widgets removed in it.
haven't installed it, but i have a feeling there was a problem with my kitchen. i'll check when i can to see what might be wrong.
it should flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2011, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Dear Sir,
I have checked it, it is useles, you have almost every thing including office excluded. Sir, then what is the meaning of Windows Mobile without office. Another thing there has not been any extra space or rom gain. Without office it should be a bin file of less than 100 mb.
Thanks.
I have made a Rom of about 128mb of your help and Mr. da_reeseboy help is included to built and it is almost good working and complete clean, accept there is only name included in device program file ( i.e Cit, MIM, VVM) and nothing else, I will try to upload in attachment in this forum with one or two days for your testing and checking.
Thanks
Old 11-20-2011, 04:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Fathom verizon
Carrier: Airtel

hero121 is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero121 View Post
Dear Sir,
I have checked it, it is useles, you have almost every thing including office excluded. Sir, then what is the meaning of Windows Mobile without office. Another thing there has not been any extra space or rom gain. Without office it should be a bin file of less than 100 mb.
Thanks.
I have made a Rom of about 128mb of your help and Mr. da_reeseboy help is included to built and it is almost good working and complete clean, accept there is only name included in device program file ( i.e Cit, MIM, VVM) and nothing else, I will try to upload in attachment in this forum with one or two days for your testing and checking.
Thanks
Please tell me how to upload I have not managed any space on any site.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:17 AM
VIP n00b

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Try mediafire.com or megaupload.com. Both are free sites. And as far as the space saved on the rom goes, I think the rom is flashed to a seperate part of memory, so even tho we save lots of space stripping things out of it, we have no access to the space the rom is saved to so we wont be able to use the extra space.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:30 AM
VIP n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
I always liked uZard WebP and SlideIT.
I've checked out uzard before - its a really nice interface and seems to work well, but I don't like the fact that all of my mobile browsing - including usernames and passwords - gets routed thru a korean proxy server...

How does SlideIT compare to Swype?
Old 11-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_reeseboy View Post
I've checked out uzard before - its a really nice interface and seems to work well, but I don't like the fact that all of my mobile browsing - including usernames and passwords - gets routed thru a korean proxy server...

How does SlideIT compare to Swype?
It has a nice feature called graffiti where ya can draw the letters or words with your stylus, has a user dictionary where ya can save your words or add them and has the ability to turn off the swype method and use it as normal keyboard, I also think you're able to skin it but maybe thats just the android version only... I've always liked it more than swype, I think it's faster than Swype personally.

Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 11-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > LG Fathom