PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   LG Fathom (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=292)
-   -   Kitchen released (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=147499)

spocky 10-13-2011 06:29 PM

Kitchen released

For those interested, I released an updated lg kitchen + decrypted roms for the Fathom.

da_reeseboy 10-13-2011 09:39 PM

Re: Kitchen released

WOOHOO!!!!!

I just got home to see this goodness, and I have a long day tomorrow, but I know what I'll be doing this weekend :)

Maybe I can finally change the link in my sig...

cac2us 10-14-2011 01:54 AM

HOT DAMN...!!!
This it great news. :headbang:

After I finish this batch of LED bulbs, I will surely be on this like a tick on the hind quarters of a hound...:twisted:

THANK YOU spocky very much....=D>

pizzaboy192 10-14-2011 02:06 AM

never built a Rom before... How hard can it be?
I'll be posting a link to my homeftp with the LG tools needed if anyone wants it.

da_reeseboy 10-15-2011 10:21 AM

Just an update to anyone watching this thread over here on ppcgeeks -
Successfully built a standard rom and flashed my phone a few times now on both WinXP 32bit and Win7 64bit. Now to move on to modifying the rom.

Thanks again to both spocky and trueg - if you like the fact that flashing a fathom is possible please let them both know. They put ALOT of time into making this possible.

Riley 10-15-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_reeseboy (Post 2150394)
Just an update to anyone watching this thread over here on ppcgeeks -
Successfully built a standard rom and flashed my phone a few times now on both WinXP 32bit and Win7 64bit. Now to move on to modifying the rom.

Thanks again to both spocky and trueg - if you like the fact that flashing a fathom is possible please let them both know. They put ALOT of time into making this possible.

looks great. Btw. Nice to see you man. Hope all is well! :)

da_reeseboy 10-15-2011 01:11 PM

Its good to be in the kitchen again lol. I just hope I don't burn anything down... I've gotten a little rusty at cooking.

pizzaboy192 10-15-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by da_reeseboy (Post 2150422)
Its good to be in the kitchen again lol. I just hope I don't burn anything down... I've gotten a little rusty at cooking.

How did you get the .dll to register? I can't get mine to. It keeps saying that it cannot find the file.

da_reeseboy 10-15-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pizzaboy192 (Post 2150431)
How did you get the .dll to register? I can't get mine to. It keeps saying that it cannot find the file.

Sorry for the delayed response. Out of the readme I have for this (will be uploaded with everything when I have a full, rocking setup):
Quote:

STEP 7: Go back to your LGNPST folder and copy the VS750.dll file to C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST.

STEP 8: Go to Start>Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt.

STEP 9: In the command prompt window type WITH the quotes:

cd "C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST"and press enter.

STEP 10: You should now be at a prompt that says

C:\LG Electronics\LGNPST>.

STEP 11: Type in:

regsvr32 VS750.dll
(If successful it should say the file was registered successfully, If you get an error message, Reboot your PC and try again.)

Done.
Basic points - dll needs to be in a place it will always reside, and run the command from the directory it is located in.

da_reeseboy 10-16-2011 01:17 PM

So the v5 rom is based on SYS 23121 and the v7 rom is based on SYS 23127. From what I can find that build tree went up to SYS 23152 so I snagged that. I'm starting my tests with clearing out the unwanted crap from a v5/v7 hybrid setup to free space, then when I have it stable I will build on the 23152 SYS and see where that takes me. I'll try to keep this thread updated.

I can't thank spocky and trueg enough for this gift to the fathom owners...