PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2
Carrier: Verizon

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.4.0 [19-Jan-2011]

Here's a bit of an off the wall question Jmart. What's the concept behind the name "Teya"?
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

so far so good, a few things though...

-the new clock, some of the bold letters are showing up underneath my notification and clock widgets. (im not using the new today clock). i will post a pic to show you, you might not be able to see them though, but i can plainly read ONE under the notification bar on PAST rite above it underneath of the notification bar, and a few letters under the clock but they arnt as noticeable. this also seems to change as the time changes.

-if you can press the upper left taskbar to get into arkswitch, then why is there an icon/button for it in the softkey bar? is there a way to disable the one in the softkey bar?

-sense seams to take a lot longer to load than previous roms

-everytime i restart the device, i have to manually turn the data connection back on
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot1.jpg (10.6 KB, 29 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by sonami; 01-20-2011 at 04:14 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518
Project: Teya [Changelog]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518
19-Jan-2011
Fixed:
--Plus Code Dialing (I hope this time )
--WM Messaging (I hope this time as well )

jmart,

Please let me know the procedure to use or turn on the plus dialing. Thanks again for incorporating this and Assisted Dialing into your ROM!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started
Thumbs up Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.4.0 [19-Jan-2011]

Well . . . I have been a loyal Energy ROM user since since the HardSPL was released for the Imagio - and have been very pleased with them.
I saw in coolpoete's signature that he was using the Project Teya ROM, so I thought I would give it a try.

EXCELLENT JOB Jmart; you have a new fan. I like that the essentials are cooked into this ROM (like WinMoSpeed!) but not too much (we can ALWAYS get the cabs ourselves, right?). I also like the home screen layout!

SO LONG ENERGY!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpoete View Post
Here's a bit of an off the wall question Jmart. What's the concept behind the name "Teya"?
It is my daughters name

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
so far so good, a few things though...

-the new clock, some of the bold letters are showing up underneath my notification and clock widgets. (im not using the new today clock). i will post a pic to show you, you might not be able to see them though, but i can plainly read ONE under the notification bar on PAST rite above it underneath of the notification bar, and a few letters under the clock but they arnt as noticeable. this also seems to change as the time changes.

-if you can press the upper left taskbar to get into arkswitch, then why is there an icon/button for it in the softkey bar? is there a way to disable the one in the softkey bar?

-sense seams to take a lot longer to load than previous roms

-everytime i restart the device, i have to manually turn the data connection back on
1) Did you remove the text clock widget that was there originally? It sounds like you still have it there, therefore you have a clock on a clock. Couldn't tell from the pic though.
2) Yeah, it is kind of redundant, but you can have that icon launch any program you want. If you navigate to: Start Menu\Settings\System\Task Manager, you can change the programs to launch. It even gives you an option to launch different programs with a long press. Under the global tab, if you deselect "Show home icon", it will hide it from the softbar.
3) Sense is a beast, and it should take about 45 sec to load. The more tabs you enable and the more you have installed, the longer it will take.
4) This is not normal, are you saying that you can't connect to the internet using any programs until you manually enable internet?
Or, are you referring to the data connection being off when you first boot or after a certain amount of time? If so, this is a good thing, and it is because of the idle data connection time-out feature you can find in Project: Teya [Customizations].

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
[LEFT]

jmart,

Please let me know the procedure to use or turn on the plus dialing. Thanks again for incorporating this and Assisted Dialing into your ROM!
To be honest, I have no idea how to use plus code dialling as I don't have the ability to make international calls. I have now included everything required for it to work, so it should be working.

However, just from playing with it:
If you dial plus (+), long press 0, then enter the number it will automatically insert the country code.
Hopefully somebody in here knows more about this and can help out.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 01-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
Well . . . I have been a loyal Energy ROM user since since the HardSPL was released for the Imagio - and have been very pleased with them.
I saw in coolpoete's signature that he was using the Project Teya ROM, so I thought I would give it a try.

EXCELLENT JOB Jmart; you have a new fan. I like that the essentials are cooked into this ROM (like WinMoSpeed!) but not too much (we can ALWAYS get the cabs ourselves, right?). I also like the home screen layout!

SO LONG ENERGY!!!
Awesome, I'm glad you're liking it! Welcome to Project: Teya buddy!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:33 PM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

b1ggest is a n00b

1.4 is so smooth greatjob jmart. I have one small problom its with windows media player when i try n skip 2 or songs in a row it freezes or after playing 3or4 songs it freezes(have about a 1k songs on it). Q's for anybody is there a good music player out there? The stock htc player usally skips on some songs which happens a bit when I play music for like 10hr. Use to play internet radio, but with a cooked rom I cant connect to my work network unlike the stock rom.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post

1) Did you remove the text clock widget that was there originally? It sounds like you still have it there, therefore you have a clock on a clock. Couldn't tell from the pic though.
2) Yeah, it is kind of redundant, but you can have that icon launch any program you want. If you navigate to: Start Menu\Settings\System\Task Manager, you can change the programs to launch. It even gives you an option to launch different programs with a long press. Under the global tab, if you deselect "Show home icon", it will hide it from the softbar.
3) Sense is a beast, and it should take about 45 sec to load. The more tabs you enable and the more you have installed, the longer it will take.
4) This is not normal, are you saying that you can't connect to the internet using any programs until you manually enable internet?
Or, are you referring to the data connection being off when you first boot or after a certain amount of time? If so, this is a good thing, and it is because of the idle data connection time-out feature you can find in Project: Teya [Customizations].
1) ahh, thats what it was, fixed, thanks.
2) word, thanks
3) it just seems to take a bit longer than your previous roms, not a big deal really.
4) yes, i have to manually connect to the data connection after a rebott, or if i havnt used the phone in a while i have to reconnect. i think that i may be having an interaction with something, or maybe this CommManager.exe is different than the one in settings/connections/commmanager? i added the CommManager.exe to my start menu so i can have it set as a quick link. when i open this commmanager it displays only really small icons and no text, and the softbar is just white with no buttons and the program freezes. i have to close it out through arkswitch. but i can go to settings/connections/commmanager and it works fine. really weird, never had this happen in your other roms. using the same cabs as i have always used except for winmospeed. only a soft reset makes it go back to normal. then it will work normal the first time i open it, but after that it goes weird.

*edit* i turned off the disconnect idle data in teya customizations and it fixed the ConnManager problem. very strange...

-i also noticed that if you turn off WM Start Menu and apply changes and reset, it will still be on after the reboot. so basically you cannot turn this off. not that its a big deal, i like the wp7theme, was just messing around with stuff looking for bugs and found this. and actually while im talking about the wp7 theme, i really like it, the only thing that bugs me is how big the font is, some of the programs with big names get cut off the screen. is there anyway you can turn the font size down a bit? and really there isnt any need for the big font on top of the small font, they both say the same thing...

-also, is there a way to make items in the start menu vibrate?

Last edited by sonami; 01-20-2011 at 06:41 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
To be honest, I have no idea how to use plus code dialling as I don't have the ability to make international calls. I have now included everything required for it to work, so it should be working.

However, just from playing with it:
If you dial plus (+), long press 0, then enter the number it will automatically insert the country code.
Hopefully somebody in here knows more about this and can help out.
But will it do the same to numbers which are saved as plus coded numbers in the contacts list i.e. if I want to call or send a text to someone from my phone contact list, will the number be dialed out correctly? Can someone please check if that is the case? Thanks!

I was assuming that you had set up plus code dialing so it could be turned off and on in your customised ROM setting, and that it would work with Assisted Dialing to dial out plus coded numbers correctly. Hope someone is using plus coded numbers and able to check whether both phone calls and texts to plus coded numbers from contact list works properly. Thanks again jmart! The reason I use plus coded numbers is since it is very convenient when I use my phone in the U.S. as well as in Asia and Europe.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:30 PM
Lurker

masimca is a n00b

jmart518,

This is by far the best ROM on the planet for the Imagio. Thank you for investing the time to get the most out of our phone.

Your attention to detail is not missed or taken for granted. Love how the meeting info is displayed in the upper dial keypad window. Very helpful since additional dial in codes are usually needed for phone conferences. I used to write down the code shown on the calendar before dialing. Not convenient when driving!!

One question. I may be totally stupid, but I cannot figure out how to re-map the hardware media button. Is it possible? Its currently set to rotate the screen, but I never need to rotate, so I want to set the media button to launch my audio player.

Sorry, one more question. Is there a switch to use with shutdown.exe that will turn the screen off (or sleep)? I want a Quick Link to turn the screen off with a single press.

Keep up the excellent work!

Last edited by masimca; 01-20-2011 at 08:37 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development