PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.4.0 [19-Jan-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1ggest View Post
1.4 is so smooth greatjob jmart. I have one small problom its with windows media player when i try n skip 2 or songs in a row it freezes or after playing 3or4 songs it freezes(have about a 1k songs on it). Q's for anybody is there a good music player out there? The stock htc player usally skips on some songs which happens a bit when I play music for like 10hr. Use to play internet radio, but with a cooked rom I cant connect to my work network unlike the stock rom.
I have been working on the WM player issue. Between it and YouTube, I am going crazy! I have no idea why they are so finicky. Hopefully I can get it worked out.
I know you have brought up the wi-fi issue, but can you explain it again? I will see if I can get to the bottom of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
*edit* i turned off the disconnect idle data in teya customizations and it fixed the ConnManager problem. very strange...

-i also noticed that if you turn off WM Start Menu and apply changes and reset, it will still be on after the reboot. so basically you cannot turn this off. not that its a big deal, i like the wp7theme, was just messing around with stuff looking for bugs and found this. and actually while im talking about the wp7 theme, i really like it, the only thing that bugs me is how big the font is, some of the programs with big names get cut off the screen. is there anyway you can turn the font size down a bit? and really there isnt any need for the big font on top of the small font, they both say the same thing...

-also, is there a way to make items in the start menu vibrate?
1) Indeed, very strange. I would suggest not using the Comm Manager from previous ROMs in your start menu. Instead, just use the shortcut (.lnk), if you need one, I will get you a cab. I will implement this into the next release.
2) Yeah, WM start menu will always stay on unless you disable it and enable QuickMenu.
3) The big text in the WP7 theme is like that to mimic the look of WP7, as well as the duplicate smaller text. Hopefully someday the smaller text can say something different.
4) I wish there was a way to get the start menu to vibrate on its own, but as far as I know there isn't a way. You can use third party apps like TouchResponse that will give haptic feedback with every screen touch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
But will it do the same to numbers which are saved as plus coded numbers in the contacts list i.e. if I want to call or send a text to someone from my phone contact list, will the number be dialed out correctly? Can someone please check if that is the case? Thanks!

I was assuming that you had set up plus code dialing so it could be turned off and on in your customised ROM setting, and that it would work with Assisted Dialing to dial out plus coded numbers correctly. Hope someone is using plus coded numbers and able to check whether both phone calls and texts to plus coded numbers from contact list works properly. Thanks again jmart! The reason I use plus coded numbers is since it is very convenient when I use my phone in the U.S. as well as in Asia and Europe.
The way I was testing it:
+1 xxx xxx xxxx and press send, it will dial out normally
+xxxxxxx (just an arbitrary number) and press send. It adds the country code and big red yells at me and says I can't make international calls.

Hopefully this is of some help, again, I really wish I understood more about plus code dialling. I can create an option to toggle plus code dialing on and off in Project: Teya [Customizations] if necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masimca View Post
jmart518,

This is by far the best ROM on the planet for the Imagio. Thank you for investing the time to get the most out of our phone.

Your attention to detail is not missed or taken for granted. Love how the meeting info is displayed in the upper dial keypad window. Very helpful since additional dial in codes are usually needed for phone conferences. I used to write down the code shown on the calendar before dialing. Not convenient when driving!!

One question. I may be totally stupid, but I cannot figure out how to re-map the hardware media button. Is it possible? Its currently set to rotate the screen, but I never need to rotate, so I want to set the media button to launch my audio player.

Sorry, one more question. Is there a switch to use with shutdown.exe that will turn the screen off (or sleep)? I want a Quick Link to turn the screen off with a single press.

Keep up the excellent work!
Thank you and welcome to Project: Teya!
-Start\Settings\Personal\Buttons
----Select Multimedia key and at the bottom of the screen is a menu of programs to choose from.
**Note, since you will not be manually rotating Sense, you can configure it to stock rotate (where only the photo and music tab will rotate to cover flow) in Project: Teya [Customizations].

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
Old 01-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

wifimax is a n00b

I tried the new ROM and still see the problem with Email using Exchange Server. When downloading the certificate, the active sync display error "The user opted out of enrollment".
Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

sonami is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to sonami Send a message via MSN to sonami

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart518 View Post
1) Indeed, very strange. I would suggest not using the Comm Manager from previous ROMs in your start menu. Instead, just use the shortcut (.lnk), if you need one, I will get you a cab. I will implement this into the next release.
im not using the CommManager from a previous rom, i just copied the .exe from the windows folder into the start menu/programs folder so i could set it as a quick link...
Old 01-20-2011, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: Movilnet CDMA y Digitel GSM

figlesias is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to figlesias

excellent work, getting better. the only detail that still continues is the bluetooth headset does not work for listening to music only works as a hands free. if you could spend a little of your valuable time would greatly appreciate it.

sorry for my terrible English.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonami View Post
1)

*edit* i turned off the disconnect idle data in teya customizations and it fixed the ConnManager problem. very strange...
Even with the energy roms i had a hard time getting the auto data disconnect to work right. when it kicked in it would mess with my ability to recieve calls too. "auto" disconnection data seems to be buggy at best. Other than that im loving the new rom. its tax season so some more donation mula is headed ur way jamart as as soon as i get my refund. lol
Old 01-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Lurker
Carrier: VZW

b1ggest is a n00b

my issue with the wifi isnt a problem, but a issue for me with every rom ext stock. The jist is the wifi at @ work wpa2 and leap ath. so on the stock rom I can go to adv network and setup my work windows login and password. With all the cooked roms when i try to do the same they ask for my login, pass, and domain, but i have no idea what what the domain is the our IT had some trouble the first time with stock. He also works a diffrent shift. The big kicker is I get no service in the building!! on a side note in advaced wifi menu the page is a little off
Old 01-21-2011, 10:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Really LOVE the ROM Jmart - excellent work. I am having two issues right now that are driving me crazy.

1. I cannot answer a phone call the majority of the time. I have a BT headset that pairs and connects properly. When a call comes in I press the headset button and nothing happens. I can slide the on-screen button to answer and nothing happens. I can press the answer button on the phone and, you guessed it, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Connecting with the bluetooth radio in my car. It actually pairs and lists the Dual radio in the BT section, but will not actually connect, either as a headset or as a stereo headset. It just says "connect failed". What BT stack are you using? This has worked flawlessly in the stock and other ROMS.

While #2 is important to me, #1 is a deal-breaker; after all, successfully answering phone calls is a pretty important function of a phone. Right?

Keep up the good work - this is and EXCELLENT piece of work! =D>
Old 01-21-2011, 11:51 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

bobfoertsch is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRosenow View Post
Really LOVE the ROM Jmart - excellent work. I am having two issues right now that are driving me crazy.

1. I cannot answer a phone call the majority of the time. I have a BT headset that pairs and connects properly. When a call comes in I press the headset button and nothing happens. I can slide the on-screen button to answer and nothing happens. I can press the answer button on the phone and, you guessed it, nothing happens. Anyone else experiencing this?

2. Connecting with the bluetooth radio in my car. It actually pairs and lists the Dual radio in the BT section, but will not actually connect, either as a headset or as a stereo headset. It just says "connect failed". What BT stack are you using? This has worked flawlessly in the stock and other ROMS.

While #2 is important to me, #1 is a deal-breaker; after all, successfully answering phone calls is a pretty important function of a phone. Right?

Keep up the good work - this is and EXCELLENT piece of work! =D>
I have a similar issue but I think I figured it out. If I have Bluetooth turned on but my BT headset turned off, I am unable to answer a call on the phone. With BT headset turned on I can answer the call on the headset. In order to answer the call on the phone I need to turn BT off on the phone itself.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfoertsch View Post
I have a similar issue but I think I figured it out. If I have Bluetooth turned on but my BT headset turned off, I am unable to answer a call on the phone. With BT headset turned on I can answer the call on the headset. In order to answer the call on the phone I need to turn BT off on the phone itself.
That has not been my experience. I Wiped my Imagio and before I even paired it I called it and tried to answer with the on-screen slide and it simply would not. I then called again and tried to answer with the green button and it answered. I then paired with my BT headset and could not answer realiably with the slide, the button OR the headset button.

Regrettably, I have had to go back to Energy so I can answer my phone.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:54 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

bobfoertsch is a n00b

Hmm....since my last reply I have been doing some testing. It seems to be intermittent on answering on the handset. I can answer on the BT headset. I don't know if anyone else is having this issue or not. This was functioning normally on 1.3.0.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development