PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Tigo

joelferman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to joelferman
Re: [Coming Soon...] Project: Teya

I cant wait I love to see new roms for my Imagio....!!
Old 12-02-2010, 04:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: viettel

thesunsmine is a n00b

how to download??? i don see link any where
Old 12-02-2010, 06:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Velcom

Patam is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesunsmine View Post
how to download??? i don see link any where
There is "Coming soon" text
Old 12-03-2010, 07:46 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.0.0 Released 03-Dec-2010

Project: Teya 1.0.0 is now available.

I hope you guys enjoy!

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 02:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

djp952 is becoming a great contributor

I have to say, your attention to detail is unmatched jmart518! This ROM is beautiful from beginning to end, even the installer and boot screens are gorgeous! I haven't ever used CHT before, and I like how your defaults are set up for e-mail/home/messaging by default here -- the core competencies of mobile device communication. The graphics are amazing all around, and your choice of a default wallpaper is great ... taking the Imagio down the road and into the future.

I am most impressed with your ROM. Unfortunately, for me, the Imagio is just too darn slow to handle all the coolness you cooked in here. I feel bad for saying that, actually, since it really is beautiful. I think I've been a little tainted by jumping to a Galaxy S as my main smartphone for the past few months, the poor Imagio just can't compete with that device on a hardware level.

Everything I tried to do so far has worked PERFECTLY though. Especially love the automatic MMS fix-up and the list of default apps you have is just right IMO. Not so much that you'd consider "bloat" but no need to download a single thing to get your core setup into action. Very nice. Again, the attention to detail is borderline mind-boggling.

While I don't think Teya is necessarly for me given my Imagio's very reduced role as a backup device nowadays, I think you did a wonderful job here and there are a LOT of ppcgeeks that will be just as impressed as I am with it.

My rating = 9/10! Missing point is only because the Imagio isn't powerful enough (seemingly) to run all the cool toys you included. Otherwise, it looks and works great! Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ok.. this is THE BEST ROM I've used so far. I'm convinced that this COM3 23149 build is the most stable for this phone and provides best performance. It is the same or similar one used in the PDAVIET and Fulldeck ROMs. Your touches on this ROM make it easy to configure and just a joy to use! Here is some detailed feedback:

Pros:
- LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the customization option it gives the user the ability to switch start menu options which I dig. For me I tend to lay off the CHT 2.0 customizations and this helps even more.
- Great job with automatically customizing the MMS server settings, makes this build easy to get going and less having to do yourself.
- Youtube HQ working (consistently!)
- Location settings worked right away, setting up Facebook data settings took and my contacts updated right away without having to configure, disable, and re-configure again.
- Extremely snappy and fast performance esp. if you turn off alot of the CHT 2.0 extras.

Cons:
- CHT still gives an error whenever you make some changes but that could be a bug with CHT.
- Microsoft Myphone cab is outdated, I can provide you with a newer cab (version 1.6.2718 )if needed.
- Message tab contains code-text of the labels and not what the labels should be, eg "IDS_MESSAGING_NEW" instead of "New Message", "IDS_MESSAGING_DELETE" instead of "Delete", etc. I'm sure a small oversight.
- Where is Windows Media Player?
- Data connection needs to be set up manually, can that be automated too?

Suggestions:
- Great design, graphics, icon set. I would suggest some other static/darker background templates for others that may have a hard time reading white text against a picture.
- The 1 EXE file download is great, it makes it easy and painless to install esp. for those who like 1-click install methods. I would suggest a separate link for the IMG file alone in case someone wants or needs to flash from the SD card. [Right now for those that need it, get a good compression utility program like 7-zip and you can extract the IMG file from the EXE file.]
- Stedysoft FullDeck R14 -> Notes/bugs/tips HERE

Last edited by coolpoete; 12-04-2010 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 10:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Could not resist and had to try out the ROM overnight while following a game on the internet! Teya is indeed a very impressive and responsive ROM. Did not see any lags and Youtube works great! Great show jmart518!! Was not able to try out text messaging since it was too late at night to text anyone but had the following comments and questions since I am sure it is something I must be doing wrong.

1. Most of the programs did not have the "X" button at the bottom to exit. For example, file explorer, SIM card manager, phone, etc. I remember going through the cutomization and the show X button was on. Thinking back, I should have turned it off and on to see if that worked. I had to find the task manager and close the programs.

2. It is great to see a custom ROM which displays the phone number country code automatically and has the options to choose another. The ROM recognized the country code for U.S. right away. However, plus code dialing did not work. I was able to dial out using 1-xxx-yyy-zzzz to U.S. numbers but not +1-xxx-yyy-zzzz. When dialing the latter and pressing the green Talk button, the number would disappear and the Talk button would stay green like it was still waiting for a number. I went through the options and could not find anything that needed to be turned on. I did not dial an international number --- an oversight on my part.

Looking at the above two items, I am sure it must be something I am doing wrong or overlooking. I plan to try this out again after a trip and when I am more awake! Can't wait! Wish I had been bold enough to beta test it...

One thing I noticed is when I flashed back to another ROM, the startup screen after the flash (the one which says htc something immediately after the flash is completed and the phone starts to come up) stayed as the one in this ROM. Don't know if that is how the flash process behaves and remembers the previous ROM startup image.

Thanks again jmart518 for a very promising ROM!!!
Old 12-04-2010, 11:09 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Thanks for the feedback guys and I am glad you are enjoying it! It took a lot of work and reading these posts makes it all worth it.

@djp952
Thanks for going back to the Imagio for minute to test my ROM, I really appreciate it! Long live WM!

@coolpoete
1) Are you talking about CHT giving the error or CHTE? If it is CHTE, it is a known issue, if it is CHT, we have a problem.
2) If you don't mind posting the newer Myphone cab, I will cook it in. I don't use it, so I didn't know it was outdated.
3) I can't believe I missed that messaging bug! I was doing some last minute changes and I messed up that tab. Since I don't use it (I just use the CHT widget), I never noticed it. I have attached a fix to the bottom of this post and also updated the first post.
4) It is included, but not linked to the start menu. You can find it in the Windows folder. This will be fixed in the next release.
3) Not sure why you had to configure the data connection, it should be good to go out of the box. PM sent your way.

@bawaji
1) Sorry about the Project: Teya setup program, I just took a look at it and it is now fixed.
2) As far as plus dialing goes, I included everything, but I never use it so I couldn't test it.
3) The Boot splash screen is built into the ROM, some chefs include it, some do not. If the chef doesn't include it, the previous one will stay.
Thanks again for the feedback guys and I apologize for the oversights! Please download the fix and let me know if anything else comes up.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Hot Fix 1.cab (154.7 KB, 21 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by jmart518; 12-04-2010 at 11:36 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Thanks for your response!

Would it be possible (sorry for the imposition) for you to check if the plus code dialing and texting is working? If you are in the U.S., you can dial +1-xxx-yyy-zzzz instead of 1-xxx-yyy-zzzz and see if the call/text goes thru. It didn't for me when I tried it last night and it will be nice to know it it works before I reinstall the ROM. Went through the whole process of installing the other ROM and software, backups, etc! I hope you will be able to troubleshoot it if it doesn't work. TIA!
Old 12-04-2010, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio. Project Teya 1.8/HTC thunderbolt

gokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good workgokudre is keeping up the good work

Well unfortunately i dont have a sim card so i guess im s.o.l on this rom.. =( I was Soooooo looking forward to trying this out .

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development