PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which messaging client do you prefer?
HTC Messaging 9 47.37%
Stock WM Messaging 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2011, 08:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: study rom
Carrier: verizon

ickl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.1 [25-Apr-2011]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawaji View Post
The download link is in the very first post! If you are feeling lazy, 1.8.1 can be downloaded from here.
Hi bawaji,
it is appreciate if you can upload this rom to my network hard disk
network hard disk address:https://www.kanbox.com/file
邮箱=user name :ickl@163.com
密码=password:qwe123
上传文件=upload

thanks

Last edited by ickl; 08-17-2011 at 09:38 AM.
Old 08-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Page Plus

bawaji is keeping up the good workbawaji is keeping up the good work

Can someone else help? My firewall seems to be blocking that site?
Old 08-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Lurker
Carrier: Beeline

Power_VANO is a n00b

jmart518

Very nice ROM is Teya 1.8.1 indeed, I am using it on my imagio. Overclocking helps a lot when using all "eye-candy" settings.

Only a little "issue": could you integrate Sylfaen.ttf font for full UTF-8 support? 1.8.1 has issues with displaying UTF-8 coded web-pages because of lacking font.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:56 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (Verizon XV6900)
Carrier: Verizon

denasqu is keeping up the good workdenasqu is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to denasqu

I'm on day 2 of using my "new" Imagio and I think I can work with this ROM. I tried the Energy ROM for a couple of hours and it's just not for me. I love the Teya design but there are so many options that I can't quite wrap my head around it... and I need to get back to work. This ROM could really use a "... For Dummies" book! I've managed to wreck things repeatedly so I better start asking some questions.

I think I've got the lock-screen stuff figured out so the next thing is all the pages and swiping and CHTEditor stuff. That's where I'm getting in to trouble. I'm obviously not getting something. I've been using a Vogue with Manilla ROM for years so all this swiping stuff is very new to me. As I understand (or misunderstand) it.... when I turn on my Imagio I see the "lock-screen". When I unlock it I see the "Home Layout". Am I good so far?

The Home Layout is where I'm getting screwed up (well the (CHT lock-screen too but I'll save that for another post unless someone can direct me to a manual). Is the "Home Layout" actually a bunch of virtual home screens? When I go in to CHTEditor/Pages_and_Levels I see a bunch of settings that I'm not sure about. I think I get that I can add more pages to the left and right. Is the "circular" bit about added pages above and below? Is that what the Level-0, Level-1, Extra space, etc. stuff is about?

And I get unexpected results with the Edit home layout. For instance if I add quicklinks to a page, the quicklink boxes get added to every page. Can I add them to only one page?
And what are "free-links"?
I like the widgets but the selection seems to be kind of limited. Can I add other items to the pages or only widgets?
I'm pretty sure there was speed-dial page where I had icons for my frequently called people. But apparently I killed that off and now I have no idea how to get it back. ???

Also, I must have done something last night that now causes my device to startup sometimes with an odd screen that lists from top to bottom; pictures, music, phone, voicemail, etc. and their is a gray slide box with time on it that slides up and down to select from the list of items. There are also two context related soft keys on the bottom. It's kind of cool, but where the hell did it come from? Eventually if I push some buttons, it just goes away. I haven't been patient enough to wait and see if it just goes away on it's own, although I did give it 10 minutes. Is this something that appears when "Sense" reloads? How the hell did I make it happen?

Sorry for the long post but I'm anxious to get up to speed. Believe me, it could be a lot longer! I'm feeling like such a noob (even after reading this entire thread) and I don't like it!

Thanks

Last edited by denasqu; 08-24-2011 at 09:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

BRosenow is just getting started
Arrow Re: [ROM] Project: Teya 1.8.1 [25-Apr-2011]

Well . . . I guess I will sign out now. My Imagio has been great, but it's time to move on. I am expecting my new Samsung Droid Charge in the morning! The 4G LTE, the RAM, the processor and the AMOLED screen are just too much to resist! I can't say I'm a big fan of Android . . . but I am NOT going to BB or iPhone, and they have locked down WP7 such that I'm just not ready to fight that battle.

Keep up the good fight, y'all! Thanks for all of your help and support JMart518! You are keeping the Imagio alive!!!
Old 08-24-2011, 06:05 PM
N00b

Judge_Daniel is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by denasqu View Post
I think I've got the lock-screen stuff figured out so the next thing is all the pages and swiping and CHTEditor stuff. That's where I'm getting in to trouble. I'm obviously not getting something. I've been using a Vogue with Manilla ROM for years so all this swiping stuff is very new to me. As I understand (or misunderstand) it.... when I turn on my Imagio I see the "lock-screen". When I unlock it I see the "Home Layout". Am I good so far?
Project:Teya uses its own lock screens. If you want to mess with the lock screen, you will want to change it under the Teya[Portal], not the CHTEditor. In fact, you will use Teya[Portal] to change all of the phone's settings except for the home screen (or tab) layout. That's when you'll want to use CHTE.

Quote:
The Home Layout is where I'm getting screwed up (well the (CHT lock-screen too but I'll save that for another post unless someone can direct me to a manual). Is the "Home Layout" actually a bunch of virtual home screens? When I go in to CHTEditor/Pages_and_Levels I see a bunch of settings that I'm not sure about. I think I get that I can add more pages to the left and right. Is the "circular" bit about added pages above and below? Is that what the Level-0, Level-1, Extra space, etc. stuff is about?
The home tab is, like you said, a bunch of pages attached to one another. I believe the default is 3x2, making it look like:
[][][]
[][][]

The default page (which is, by default, set to two) is the page that the phone will automatically go to when you go to the home tab. In the below diagram, it is the page with an asterisk.

[][*][]
[][][]

If I remember correctly, the number of pages is how many columns of pages you will have and the number of levels is how many rows of pages you will have, so the above example has three pages and two levels.

The "circle" function lets you swipe up on the top-most level and it will take you back to the bottom level. Also, swipe down on the bottom level to get back to the top.

I'm not sure what you mean by "extra space".

Quote:
And I get unexpected results with the Edit home layout. For instance if I add quicklinks to a page, the quicklink boxes get added to every page. Can I add them to only one page?
And what are "free-links"?
I like the widgets but the selection seems to be kind of limited. Can I add other items to the pages or only widgets?
Because pages are rows, when you add quicklinks to one panel of a row, they go to all of them. There is a way to make the quicklinks exist on one page only, however. You will need to use the Independent Page Count. That will make it so that the quicklinks will be on one frame only, but then you can swipe left and right on the quicklinks, themselves, to go between their pages. In other words, you'll have multiple pages of quicklinks in one frame of the homescreen.

Free links are just that. Free. When you edit the home screen, you can drag and drop them anywhere without them being attached to anything. To get more, you just press and hold on the home screen in edit mode.

You can download more widgets (in a .cab form) from various places online, but widgets, free links, and quicklinks are the only things that can go on the home tab.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure there was speed-dial page where I had icons for my frequently called people. But apparently I killed that off and now I have no idea how to get it back. ???
To control which tabs you would like to see, go to the settings tab via the slider, then Personalize, then Home screen tabs.

Quote:
Also, I must have done something last night that now causes my device to startup sometimes with an odd screen that lists from top to bottom; pictures, music, phone, voicemail, etc. and their is a gray slide box with time on it that slides up and down to select from the list of items. There are also two context related soft keys on the bottom. It's kind of cool, but where the hell did it come from?
I'm sorry, but this made me laugh so hard. That is Windows Mobile. Welcome! That is what your phone would look like if HTC and the dev community didn't edit it. To get back the Sense (which is the tabbed home screen), you'll want to go to all settings, home, the items tab, then click Sense. You'll then want to click the check mark at the bottom and it should launch Sense.

I hope that will help you. If your sense isn't launching automatically, I'm not sure how to fix that. Sorry. What I've told you should be able to get you on your way, though. Have fun!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thank you! I think I've got it. At least I'm not wrecking it anymore.

The Windows slider thing is weird. I found it check in the Settings/Home/Items list and unchecked it. It's fixed. But I went back in to that setting it's gone. There was somewhere else that I disable Windows Soft Keys so maybe that removed the setting.

Speaking of soft keys.....

How do I find or create an icon for the soft keys on the home screen of this latest rom. I like the little white text but that's obviously not going to be a standard program icon. Right now I've just got a white box wherever I put a custom icon.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:29 PM
N00b

Quote:
Thank you! I think I've got it. At least I'm not wrecking it anymore.

The Windows slider thing is weird. I found it check in the Settings/Home/Items list and unchecked it. It's fixed. But I went back in to that setting it's gone. There was somewhere else that I disable Windows Soft Keys so maybe that removed the setting.
Yes, choosing Windows Default under Items will turn it back to the original WinMo6.5 homescreen.The entire Project:Teya is built around Sense, though.

Quote:
Speaking of soft keys.....

How do I find or create an icon for the soft keys on the home screen of this latest rom. I like the little white text but that's obviously not going to be a standard program icon. Right now I've just got a white box wherever I put a custom icon.
For merely ergonomic and cosmetic reasons, I wouldn't change the softkeys on the home tab. The options given under the drop down menus for the various softkeys (CHTE>Softkeys>Key Assignments) are the best options for the softkeys. If you really want another program there, you can change the custom options and set the softkey to that option. However, you'd want to upload an image to use for the icon, since the regular icon won't look very good. JMart used to be really good at making icons for them if people wanted a specific one, but his absence lately cannot be ignored. You'll probably have to make one yourself and try to match it as close as possible to the others.

Have you figured out how the SimClock works yet? Once you start using it, you really won't need quicklinks or freelinks anymore. There are a couple of posts that teach us how to use it about ten pages back.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:33 PM
N00b

The link to the post where JMart explains it is here.

Also, the newer version that we have now lets you have programs saved to it when you press the blank areas of the clock.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Thanks for that. I figured out how to fill in the blanks but got stuck when I filled them all in and couldn't figure out how to get back in to the menus. I didn't notice that little white gear over there. And it looks like I've got a couple of hours of mucking about with the SimClock now.

Alright, I'm convinced. This ROM and the Imagio are keepers. The Trophy goes back to VZW tomorrow! Maybe in couple of years Microsoft will pull it's head out of arse and I'll upgrade to Windows Phone 10.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development