PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 01:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

ascssmith is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] MyCleanImagio-21874 May/3rd [Build 1.9]

For anyone who wants to ADD color to their swype, here is the cab for green I use... I have the blue, but it must be on my home pc...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

RJonesUSC is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
were you able to do it on 1.8? A few policies were "relaxed" on 1.9... keep me posted on your findings... I'll make a cab to revert the policies for you since thats the only thing changed when it comes to setting up an exchange mail... Im not sure why you are not able to do it... mine works fine.. exchange servers are pain by itself already...hahaha
Quote:
Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
I cannot get ActiveSync to work under Data Services in order to set up my Exchange mail.
I'm having Activesync issues as well. I updated to 1.9 Custom Full Verizon this morning. I entered the new email account and it synced just fine - contacts, calendar, mail. But, Activesync hasn't been able to connect since then. I've ended the task, reset, etc. but nothing seems to allow Activesync to connect.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 / HTC Imagio
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJonesUSC View Post
I'm having Activesync issues as well. I updated to 1.9 Custom Full Verizon this morning. I entered the new email account and it synced just fine - contacts, calendar, mail. But, Activesync hasn't been able to connect since then. I've ended the task, reset, etc. but nothing seems to allow Activesync to connect.
Hi RJonesUSC, thanks for reporting... Im not sure about your configuration, just sharing some of my findings.... did you try to play with "Enable faster data synchronization" at USB to PC (Connections), depending on the operating system you use ... when that option is enabled it seems to be tricky.. I sync with Windows 7 x86 and works great with that option enabled syncs everything no problems at all, however on my laptop running XP I had the same problem you had, sync fine at first, them would not sync at all, to fix it, I disabled/unmarked that option, and ended the partnership manually both on the computer and phone...then just start over the partnership... now works perfect on both, XP and Win7... however I do have to unmark "Enable faster data synchronization" to sync with XP.... (after ending the partnership manually, don't forget to reboot your pc...it seems it's an issue with the drivers on the desktop specially with several partnerships for the same phone being setup... flashing new rom 23XXX vs 21XXX...lots of info about it on google, this one seems to be the most common, and its not only related to XP x86, a few people with Win7 X64 and XP x64 having the same issue with other phones...easy fixed disabling/enabling that option plus manually removing/starting new partnership) Please try it and report your findings... just as info the package for USBtoPC is USB_To_PC_Pop_Up_2_3_20111720_00 which has been the same since 1.7... your issue is not the same as braindoc, he does connect to an exchange server via OTA if I'm not mistaken... so two completely different issues, and he reported that using the Email Setup program which is an HTC package, it does work fine... last scenario... if you are willing to... please try other version of the rom... (Plain Full Verizon, or CB Verizon for example...) Thank you again for reporting....!

One last question, do you sync with this new version of MyPhone? (could be another "cause" for problems with ActiveSync too, it's the only new package since 1.8 that relates to sync info... although it works on both Imagio of mine...if you use both... sync first with ActiveSync, then with MyPhone... otherwise you may get double contacts... ActiveSync looks for UID of the partnership, MyPhone, looks for modelname and is linked to your Windows Live ID)

Anyway, if anyone else is having issues with activesync, please report... I cannot replicate them..

Donations

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

adortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuffadortab knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindoc View Post
I cannot get ActiveSync to work under Data Services in order to set up my Exchange mail.
Hi braindoc..., just as you had posted already ... the Exchange mail must be setup using the Mail Setup located inside Tools folder correct?

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I should have included this in my last post but my issue is like braindoc's in that I'm trying to sync with an Exchange 2007 server. I haven't had any issues in the past builds. And it did sync successfully shortly after the 1.9 upgrade. Also, all other mobile devices are syncing successfully with the server so I know it's not an issue there.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJonesUSC View Post
I should have included this in my last post but my issue is like braindoc's in that I'm trying to sync with an Exchange 2007 server. I haven't had any issues in the past builds. And it did sync successfully shortly after the 1.9 upgrade. Also, all other mobile devices are syncing successfully with the server so I know it's not an issue there.
Humm... then I cannot think of anything else at this moment... I guess you already did the "Mail Setup" inside Tools folder right? I'll try to research a little more on this, the info that it was working with 1.8 is great and it worked at first is a good one too... (maybe an app running after the first sync broke the configuration... or Mail Setup must be used before anything else...?)

A few links... (I'll be adding more as I find it...)

http://www.petri.co.il/setting-up-mo...007-part-1.htm
http://www.petri.co.il/setting-up-mo...007-part-2.htm (this one deals with issues)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927465 (from Microsoft talking about a few policies)

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, I wanted about 10 minutes to touch the phone after the update and nothing else has been installed on the phone.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Try this one...(attached), please soft-reset after.... btw, which error message you get after trying to sync with your Exchange 2007 Server...? Can you post the provisionlog.txt (assuming its a corporate e-mail like mine)?

Last edited by adortab; 05-04-2010 at 11:59 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ascssmith View Post
For anyone who wants to ADD color to their swype, here is the cab for green I use... I have the blue, but it must be on my home pc...
Looks very nice.. and matches the phone dialer too... thanks!
Old 05-05-2010, 09:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by adortab View Post
Try this one...(attached), please soft-reset after.... btw, which error message you get after trying to sync with your Exchange 2007 Server...? Can you post the provisionlog.txt (assuming its a corporate e-mail like mine)?
After installing that cab the Activesync connection to Exchange now works. Thanks!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development