PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2010, 09:40 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM's\HSPL General Discusion\Requests\Instrucions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbh00jh View Post
Try drellisdee's alpha rom , it is just like jmart's .cab and a lot faster. GPS , VVM and everything else works. I was running his cab also but this is faster and more stable.
I tried... never loaded. Just got hung at the HTC loading screen...
Old 03-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have a question. I have not flashed a ROM yet bc so far I don't really see what I am looking for. I don't use sense- and it seems that most people only want a custom ROM so they can get the latest version of sense.

Anyways... Do the custom ROM's still include all the WinMo pro stuff? Like Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc?
Old 03-15-2010, 02:13 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Imagioman is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I have a question. I have not flashed a ROM yet bc so far I don't really see what I am looking for. I don't use sense- and it seems that most people only want a custom ROM so they can get the latest version of sense.

Anyways... Do the custom ROM's still include all the WinMo pro stuff? Like Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc?
I use MS not Sense (I like separate eml icons for each address on the homescreen - a hangover from my BB years) but have flashed to the Cookie 23544 R2 ROM to use 6.5.5 and the wonderful utilities. MS works fine, btw.

All the WM apps (OM 2010) that + more are included. Very cool. Total Noob to WM and to flashing but it was pretty easy (actually its very similar to a BB OS update but the BB retains more personalizations if connected to BPS,BES).

NRG has a 23544 version (WM 6.5.5) w/o Sense but at my last check the file was corrupted. If it contains all the utilities then that may be the one for me.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

yes, most all of them include these applications. All of them include the base WinMo 6.5 and 6.5.x Titanium.

if you dont want Sense, just go ahead and wait around, these ROMs are really new, so I bet someone will create a really lightweight ROM without Sense.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:56 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

If any one comes across some helpful instructions or good tutorials concerning HSPL or flashing ROM's- please please post a link here and I will try to add it to post #1. SO if people are looking for answers they will not have to plow through 200+ pages to find them.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:58 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
If any one comes across some helpful instructions or good tutorials concerning HSPL or flashing ROM's- please please post a link here and I will try to add it to post #1. SO if people are looking for answers they will not have to plow through 200+ pages to find them.
here you go an all in one for hardspl and rom flashing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQkXPvmltg
Old 03-16-2010, 02:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
here you go an all in one for hardspl and rom flashing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQkXPvmltg
Thank you. I will link this in the post #1. Something that you did not mention that I have read and maybe you can verify. To HSPL your phone- your computer must be logged on to the Internet? Some people said that they could not HSPL without being logged on- what are your thoughts on that?
Old 03-16-2010, 02:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Rom request

*ROM REQUEST*

I would love to have a custom ROM that is totally lite. No Sense UI. No TouchFlo3D. No Titanium (can you have no Titanium? Bc if you don't have to have Titanium- that can go too.) No Verizon bloat (Navigator, TV, etc.).

No offense to any chefs- but I read a post that said, "after I installed the custom ROM I had 80 free MB's". I have 100free MB's with the stock Sense and the stock ROM upgrade and all the Verizon bloat. I want my phone to be lightning fast. I have a lite weight UI that I use already and love. I would love to have a ROM that is like a blank piece of paper that I can then add the stuff I want to add to it.

So I am requesting "The Lite ROM". If any one can help me, I would be willing to make a donation.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Rom request

Quote:
*ROM REQUEST*

I would love to have a custom ROM that is totally lite. No Sense UI. No TouchFlo3D. No Titanium (can you have no Titanium? Bc if you don't have to have Titanium- that can go too.) No Verizon bloat (Navigator, TV, etc.).

No offense to any chefs- but I read a post that said, "after I installed the custom ROM I had 80 free MB's". I have 100free MB's with the stock Sense and the stock ROM upgrade and all the Verizon bloat. I want my phone to be lightning fast. I have a lite weight UI that I use already and love. I would love to have a ROM that is like a blank piece of paper that I can then add the stuff I want to add to it.

So I am requesting "The Lite ROM". If any one can help me, I would be willing to make a donation.
I get 129mb free on boot with my tp2 running 6.1, I don't think 6.5.x.x is capable of giving you the ram you want to see. There is a tp2 rom cooked by freeza that is the most trimmed down rom I've ever tried but it is not without it's bugs which all cooked roms will have to one degree or another. IMHO 6.5 variations just require more ram to operate and it is the nature of the beast. But sense and it's variations are def ram hungry. Try NRG's titanium only and disable the titanium, run mobile shell or something and like me you will get a pretty snappy experience. or forget MS altogether and run nothing but a few plugins for the most ram available. In anycase there is a limit to what can be done.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Re: Rom request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
I get 129mb free on boot with my tp2 running 6.1, I don't think 6.5.x.x is capable of giving you the ram you want to see. There is a tp2 rom cooked by freeza that is the most trimmed down rom I've ever tried but it is not without it's bugs which all cooked roms will have to one degree or another. IMHO 6.5 variations just require more ram to operate and it is the nature of the beast. But sense and it's variations are def ram hungry. Try NRG's titanium only and disable the titanium, run mobile shell or something and like me you will get a pretty snappy experience. or forget MS altogether and run nothing but a few plugins for the most ram available. In anycase there is a limit to what can be done.
I was wondering- you say, "...forget MS altogether...", can they make a Rom without Titanium?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development