PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2010, 11:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom request

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I was wondering- you say, "...forget MS altogether...", can they make a Rom without Titanium?
I've not seen a 6.5(.x.x) rom sans titanium. Just don't tick that option
When I say forget MS(mobile shell) altogether I mean you can have a plain screen and use the normal wm plugins, ie, calendar, messaging, spb time(purchased app for a clock), has great alarm functionality. I love it. Also lock screen etc. Just go to your today option screen and untick sense and retick anything else you want. Thats what I meant by plain. It will give you the maximum amt. of ram. You can also run shell and a plain home screen simultaniously, switching back and forth. The options are practically endless.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:39 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Rom request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
I've not seen a 6.5(.x.x) rom sans titanium. Just don't tick that option
When I say forget MS(mobile shell) altogether I mean you can have a plain screen and use the normal wm plugins, ie, calendar, messaging, spb time(purchased app for a clock), has great alarm functionality. I love it. Also lock screen etc. Just go to your today option screen and untick sense and retick anything else you want. Thats what I meant by plain. It will give you the maximum amt. of ram. You can also run shell and a plain home screen simultaniously, switching back and forth. The options are practically endless.
Ahhh- when you said, "...forget MS...", I thought you were referring to the BIG MS (Microsoft) not Mobile Shell. Yes- I have my own Today plugin I will be using. Thanks for all the info. Appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: verizon

wedgemoose is keeping up the good workwedgemoose is keeping up the good work
Re: Custom ROM's\HSPL General Discusion\Requests\Instrucions

EDIT:

For some reason I'm not liking Sense 2.5. And I know I should. So obviously theres a bunch of NORMAL operation tips I need. When an amature searches like me it's hard to tell what has what I have(I use Drellisdee ROM). Where can I find a tutorial or What phones can i choose to look at?? the Leo? the HD2??

just the normal stuff, like what is showcase, where when and why push certain places on the screen for certain things to happen???

thanks

Is that better. TMTOYH

Last edited by wedgemoose; 03-19-2010 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:40 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You don't have a clue. MORE reading and LESS whining would help a lot.
The world is not perfect man.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-19-2010, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm not whining. I don't write good. It never sounds how I mean. and your right "i don't have a clue" hence the post!!!!!!

I'm basically asking for a few tricks in 2.5.. I've been reading for 3 days straight (I'm gonna get fired). Reading helps on mods but not the basics.

let me give you an example. I just solved one of the biggest problems I didn't like. I didn't think you could make the keyboard disappear. Everytime you hit it(like in the stock ROM) the menue came up. by mistake I went through the "text imput tutorial" and learned that hitting under the keyboard circle made it disappear. Now i'm happy that problem solved. that's what I'm asking, the tricks for the basic functions we all need.

I don't need to know the world not perfect. I know that. I need noob help and or direction dude.

if i download a TP2 user manual will that have all the instructions or is that a different Sense (Noobs don't understand all the sense and titanum stuff-thats what kills us). Understand how I mean it now???

Last edited by wedgemoose; 03-19-2010 at 09:08 AM.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

There are several threads (including the TP2 ) over at xda-developers.com that cover every aspect of Sense 2.5 ROMs , what is in the ROM and what isn't. During the work week there aren't many people that have time to explain everything to beginners , you have to read to learn. That is what this is all about.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

thats all i needed kid... thank you very much. I know I have to read. I know nobody has time. i know what this is about.

Again thanks very much. THATS the DIRECTION i needed....

off to reading (now that i know where to)
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Actually- I started this thread for people that don't know what they are doing and want to be able to come and ask questions. Any question. With or with out having searched already for an hour for an answer.

"Did you even search", or, "RTFM" are not really replies that I would like to see on the thread I started. I started this thread for noobs like me that want help from helpful people. If you don't want to be helpful- just don't post.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:43 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedgemoose View Post
EDIT:

For some reason I'm not liking Sense 2.5. And I know I should. So obviously theres a bunch of NORMAL operation tips I need. When an amature searches like me it's hard to tell what has what I have(I use Drellisdee ROM). Where can I find a tutorial or What phones can i choose to look at?? the Leo? the HD2??

just the normal stuff, like what is showcase, where when and why push certain places on the screen for certain things to happen???

thanks

Is that better. TMTOYH
probably what i would recommend would be to check out some how to videos on applications that involve Sense 2.5, or phones that leverage Sense 2.5. Just watching how the people doing the videos interact with the phone will probably give you some good pointers.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, didn't help tho. I notice when I open the energy rom file I get an error telling me it's damaged. I've always been able to open the file before right on the desktop on all the roms I've ever flashed, never had an issue doing that. Anyone have an issue using the energy rom titanium only version? This is a first for me, never had this much trouble before.
I've got a clean/reset imagio with the stock rom. Guess I'll start reloading and stick with it. I had it set up real sweet to , Damn flashing compulsion, the grass ain't always greener I guess, just hate to be left out of all the fun. Guess a brick job would have been far worse.LOL.
Sounds like you may have two issues....
1. If file is saying its corrupt it usually mean a failed download.... Try redownloading rom..

2. You say the rom you have is a "energy titanium only build".... I was just on forum and designer just reported today that he was working on a basic energy rom with only titanium installed, which means you may be downloading the wrong rom for the imagio (Might want to double check this).... Use wrong rom will brick your unit and it will be over for you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development