View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 07:16 AM
cbreze
Regular 'Geeker

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Rom request

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
*ROM REQUEST*

I would love to have a custom ROM that is totally lite. No Sense UI. No TouchFlo3D. No Titanium (can you have no Titanium? Bc if you don't have to have Titanium- that can go too.) No Verizon bloat (Navigator, TV, etc.).

No offense to any chefs- but I read a post that said, "after I installed the custom ROM I had 80 free MB's". I have 100free MB's with the stock Sense and the stock ROM upgrade and all the Verizon bloat. I want my phone to be lightning fast. I have a lite weight UI that I use already and love. I would love to have a ROM that is like a blank piece of paper that I can then add the stuff I want to add to it.

So I am requesting "The Lite ROM". If any one can help me, I would be willing to make a donation.
I get 129mb free on boot with my tp2 running 6.1, I don't think 6.5.x.x is capable of giving you the ram you want to see. There is a tp2 rom cooked by freeza that is the most trimmed down rom I've ever tried but it is not without it's bugs which all cooked roms will have to one degree or another. IMHO 6.5 variations just require more ram to operate and it is the nature of the beast. But sense and it's variations are def ram hungry. Try NRG's titanium only and disable the titanium, run mobile shell or something and like me you will get a pretty snappy experience. or forget MS altogether and run nothing but a few plugins for the most ram available. In anycase there is a limit to what can be done.