PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Custom ROM's\HSPL General Instructions and Help

Perhaps a silly question, and couldn't find the answer in the search.... Do I need to flash the VZW provided MR1 update before loading custom ROMs? With my Omnia I needed to take that step before loading any custom ROMs, but I'm not sure with the Imagio. Would appreciate that insight, and if that could be in the first post would be helpful to some new Imagio users. Thanks!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leland_jr View Post
Perhaps a silly question, and couldn't find the answer in the search.... Do I need to flash the VZW provided MR1 update before loading custom ROMs? With my Omnia I needed to take that step before loading any custom ROMs, but I'm not sure with the Imagio. Would appreciate that insight, and if that could be in the first post would be helpful to some new Imagio users. Thanks!
I am 99% positive that you do not have to do that. 99.9% positive actually. But unfortunately I am not 100% positive. Sorry. I am 100% positive that you need to download and use the unlocker first. I am sure you knew that (but just making sure ).
Old 04-27-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

leland_jr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonpulaski View Post
I am 99% positive that you do not have to do that. 99.9% positive actually. But unfortunately I am not 100% positive. Sorry. I am 100% positive that you need to download and use the unlocker first. I am sure you knew that (but just making sure ).
Thanks. Unlocked and ready to go.
Old 07-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuffthepolishguy knows their stuff
Re: Imagio KITCHEN!|Custom ROM's|HSPL General Instructions|Help

So - for those of you that are using an Imagio kitchen - I thought maybe I could (and anyone else) look for some help here. I am a total noob to kitchen stuff. What I am wondering - now that I have a kitchen - how do you keep it up to date? I see some guys are using components from 2013, 2014, 2015 - where do you even find that stuff and then how do you stick it in your kitchen and make it usable.

Just an easy starter question
Old 07-01-2010, 10:04 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
So - for those of you that are using an Imagio kitchen - I thought maybe I could (and anyone else) look for some help here. I am a total noob to kitchen stuff. What I am wondering - now that I have a kitchen - how do you keep it up to date? I see some guys are using components from 2013, 2014, 2015 - where do you even find that stuff and then how do you stick it in your kitchen and make it usable.

Just an easy starter question
Well for starters here are some good reading materials to help you learn:

HTC packages and their functions and dependancies.
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=3841

A few threads and places to find the latest shipped/leaked roms to dump.
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=94 & http://www.shipped-roms.com/shipped/

Use of Visual Kitchen
http://www.mobileunderground.info/showthread.php?t=717
http://www.techparaiso.com/windows-m...chen-by-queppc

And without needing a translator new SYS's
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=650783

A few extra invaluable tools
Beyond Compare for side by side comparison of ext pkgs and sys to older ones http://www.scootersoftware.com/
Dumpsorter to save much time in getting a new SYS in proper VK format http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542081

Asking about the newer packages newer doesn't always equal better. Its a lot of trial and error. Sometimes newer packages have different dependancies and don't work with some older stuff and many times nothing noticable changed at all. While some won't agree I feel if it works well leave it alone. Blindly updating packages just b/c they are newer build version is a good way to introduce bugs and instabilities for an aspiring chef.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-01-2010, 11:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Wow! A lot of information. Looks like I will be busy for a while. Thanks.

1. When I was preparing my rom to flash - I deselected WMMoney Widget and got a warning that it may cause problems. Does deselecting WMMoney and WMWeather indeed cause problems?

2. Also here is a noob question for you - when I "Load Rom" and "Create Rom" - is that Rom automatically placed in the "RELEASE_WHITESTONE" folder as the ruu_signed.nbh?
Old 07-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Wow! A lot of information. Looks like I will be busy for a while. Thanks.

1. When I was preparing my rom to flash - I deselected WMMoney Widget and got a warning that it may cause problems. Does deselecting WMMoney and WMWeather indeed cause problems?

2. Also here is a noob question for you - when I "Load Rom" and "Create Rom" - is that Rom automatically placed in the "RELEASE_WHITESTONE" folder as the ruu_signed.nbh?
1. Yes, you can disable quite a few packages in the sys to save space
2. Yes

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Thanks J - I appreciate all the little tips and help I can get as I work on figuring this Kitchen thing out. Some of this noob stuff must make you more experienced guys laugh.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

If you need help getting started. Here is a mini tutorial from a noob perspective...

If you are going to flash the rom you create then go ahead and connect your phone via USB so that you are in active sync.

1) Launch the Erviuskitchen.exe (using admin. privileges - right click - run as administrator) on your PC.

2) "Load Rom" upper left hand corner.

3) Now choose one of the predefined templates from the menu that pops up. I choose "23569_no_htc_msg.erv"

4) Now you have a long list of the components that will go into your rom. If something on the list is green- it is selected to go in. If something is greyed out it is deselected and will not go in. You select or deselected by double clicking the item. According to the Dr certain components cannot be taken out or your rom will not work or Sense will not load. I believe he said to leave the "zz_reg" section at the bottom alone (VZW MMS HTC is greyed out in the template I choose- but I did not mess with the others in this section). I think also all the components for Sense have to be left in. I tried to create a rom without the Twitter tab and Sense wouldn't load. I could be wrong though. Basically I deselected the apps I don't use or don't want cooked in like DotFred's Task Manager and SHowcase and MP3 trimmer.

5)When you are done selecting/deselecting choose "Create Rom" upper left corner and it will flash the rom to your phone. It takes a little while. The program spits out a very long list. Pauses a few times. Don't get nervous. Just wait it out. When it is done you will get the familiar screen you get when flashing (with the picture of your phone). Then just go through the steps like always.

6) If you choose to "Create Rom" and go ahead with the flash - the Rom is automatically exported to the "RELEASE_WHITESTONE" folder and named ruu_signed.nbh. So if you want to flash it again, that is where you can find it. I guess every time you create a rom this file gets overwritten. I am not sure. So to be safe, when you are all done, I would copy the "ruu_signed.nbh" and stick it in another folder with a familiar name (first_test_ruu_signed.nbh, or whatever).

@all - please feel free to correct any mistakes or write a more in depth tutorial or just share what you have learned about using this Imagio kitchen.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You can also check out THIS thread, it is a very useful tutorial with pictures and videos.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development