PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2010, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

djp952 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachbu View Post
yeah, i've noticed that too--when my phone dies, often gwes.exe is spiking. what is that process?
Essentially, it's the UI subsystem. I've been poking around today and have found a number of references to this process being worse in this build than in previous ones, and it's been a problem throughout most of the WinMo 6.5 lifecycle, but external applications (like Opera, for example) can also cause GWES to appear to leak memory.

Probably a combination of both, given that as Drellisdee cautioned us, we are using unofficial bleeding edge builds of Windows CE. Maybe the next OS build will solve some problems, but even if it doesn't, I for one am still so much happier with my phone I can live with a soft reset every couple days No way am I going back to stock!! lol. I saw some references to using an older gwes.exe, but that's playing with fire in my opinion.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Pocket PC: All Cdma HTC's
Carrier: $0 VZW Emp Demo
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Essentially, it's the UI subsystem. I've been poking around today and have found a number of references to this process being worse in this build than in previous ones, and it's been a problem throughout most of the WinMo 6.5 lifecycle, but external applications (like Opera, for example) can also cause GWES to appear to leak memory.

Probably a combination of both, given that as Drellisdee cautioned us, we are using unofficial bleeding edge builds of Windows CE. Maybe the next OS build will solve some problems, but even if it doesn't, I for one am still so much happier with my phone I can live with a soft reset every couple days No way am I going back to stock!! lol. I saw some references to using an older gwes.exe, but that's playing with fire in my opinion.
Graphical Windowing Event Subsystem to be exact. Couldn't put it better than above post. I soft reset mine daily because of the microsoft leak in gwes.exe. I've been very busy lately and will try a new build soon to see if it lesssens it.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 PM
kc9
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC IMAGIO
Carrier: HTC

kc9 is a n00b

Tested and all very good but GOOGLE MAP error, you can check it.
Thanks
Old 05-04-2010, 12:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work

Drell, eagerly awaiting a 23566 rom from you. I'm sure it will be great! Have you decided if you're going to keep cooking roms with extendir or are you going back to the original so Google Maps works, or both?
SYS: Windows Mobile 6.5.5 23568
Old 05-04-2010, 01:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6975
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

rachbu is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by drellisdee View Post
Graphical Windowing Event Subsystem to be exact. Couldn't put it better than above post. I soft reset mine daily because of the microsoft leak in gwes.exe. I've been very busy lately and will try a new build soon to see if it lesssens it.
ugh.. hurry UP! How DARE you have a life outside ppcgeeks???
Old 05-04-2010, 03:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC imagio
Carrier: viettel

vuthemanh is a n00b

I am waiting for new drellisdee rom with core 21xxx.
I like drellisdee rom so much, but in my country, I cannot install local keyboard and few others software in rom with core 23xxx. Can you cook a new rom with core 21xxx?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:08 PM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Just downloaded 23568 and will try to build it in the next day or two as time allows. Extendir was just a side project and I don't think I'll continue it as I tried the newer versions and they wouldn't boot where 1.6 version would after modification.
Old 05-06-2010, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

s004kcg is keeping up the good works004kcg is keeping up the good work

Thanks for the update Drell . cant wait to see the next build, 1.3 has been great, fast and stable!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:47 AM
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Uploading RC1.4 23568 please read change log. ETA about 1:30am est if I don't fall asleep 1st.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

s004kcg is keeping up the good works004kcg is keeping up the good work
Unhappy Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

Wow read the change log, no custom task bars because of HTC taskmanager. Any way to leave showcase and htc taskmanager out of the build, i loves me custom taskbars.

On the 1.3 build i have not been allowing showcase to load and i have been linking the "taskmgr.exe" to a hot key and this has worked great. no fancy programs, no lock ups and it loads the taskmanager immediately. can switch programs easily and shutdown any of them easily. bummed to read the change log.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development