View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 07:16 AM
Getitnowmarketing
BlackBerry Hater
Threadstarter

Getitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGetitnowmarketing should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ROM] 6.5.5 Drellisdee Whitestone RC1.3 23563 4/20/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp952 View Post
Essentially, it's the UI subsystem. I've been poking around today and have found a number of references to this process being worse in this build than in previous ones, and it's been a problem throughout most of the WinMo 6.5 lifecycle, but external applications (like Opera, for example) can also cause GWES to appear to leak memory.

Probably a combination of both, given that as Drellisdee cautioned us, we are using unofficial bleeding edge builds of Windows CE. Maybe the next OS build will solve some problems, but even if it doesn't, I for one am still so much happier with my phone I can live with a soft reset every couple days No way am I going back to stock!! lol. I saw some references to using an older gwes.exe, but that's playing with fire in my opinion.
Graphical Windowing Event Subsystem to be exact. Couldn't put it better than above post. I soft reset mine daily because of the microsoft leak in gwes.exe. I've been very busy lately and will try a new build soon to see if it lesssens it.