PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [HSPL] Imagio / WhiteStone Hard-SPL

Yes , just extract and run it , takes about 30 seconds.
Radio
1.39.00.0627r
Old 03-13-2010, 03:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio

satsun is just getting started

ok some clarification please...

The unlocker file, unlockes the imagio so it will allow the updating of the custom roms.

The rom is somewhat like saying its the same thing as the 3.04 release from verizon?? but a custom one obviously makes it look and work differently correct? obviously with tweaks.....

Once a new rom is updated do we still use manila 2.5 or is the point of the rom to replace the manila upgrades over the verizon software rom, to make it run natively and obviously faster since now we can run it on the subsystem?

sorta newbie looking for some clarification, hope you can help me and the rest of the peeps out there trying to grasp an understanding how what this means.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 03:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

jeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good workjeff_roey is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_roey View Post
Instructions say it'll run on vista - it's suppost to auto prompt you to run as an admin. What am I missing?
Okay, So I'm a bit of a jackass. My problem was a Vista Data Execution Prevention (DEP) error that was preventing the unlocker from executing. I added it to my DEP exception list and it worked like a charm.
Old 03-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc Trophy WP7, formerly Droid X, htc Imagio

t0adman is keeping up the good workt0adman is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsun View Post
ok some clarification please...

The unlocker file, unlockes the imagio so it will allow the updating of the custom roms.

The rom is somewhat like saying its the same thing as the 3.04 release from verizon?? but a custom one obviously makes it look and work differently correct? obviously with tweaks.....

Once a new rom is updated do we still use manila 2.5 or is the point of the rom to replace the manila upgrades over the verizon software rom, to make it run natively and obviously faster since now we can run it on the subsystem?

sorta newbie looking for some clarification, hope you can help me and the rest of the peeps out there trying to grasp an understanding how what this means.
You're on the right track.

A ROM (read only memory) is the image that stays on the device memory and will load if you do a hard reset. The device is released to the public with access to the ROM locked. Now that it's unlocked, people ("chefs") can create ("cook") a custom ROM for the device (in what they call a "kitchen", or development platform). The custom ROMs can include whatever the chef wants so some will have Sense 2.1, others Sense 2.5, etc. I just downloaded the NRGZ28 Sense 2.5 ROM with the Co0kie Home Tab mod built it. It also has a ton of other stuff already included.

Once loaded on the device you can make customizations to the ROM. If you were to hard reset you would start back at the original version of the ROM. Now that the device is unlocked you're free to flash as many ROMs as you'd like, including the VZW 3.04 one if you want to return your phone to "stock" or take it in for a warranty issue. It's by far the coolest thing I've experienced with his phone so far.

Thank you cmonex and the rest of the team. What a wonderful gift you've given us. Donation on the way!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-13-2010, 09:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Q9M > HTC Vouge > HTC Imagio > Droid X2

coolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoolpoete is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Thanks for the unlocker, it was well worth the wait. I just flashed with the energy ROM and the process was alot smoother and easier than when I did it on my Vogue. Thanks a million!
Old 03-13-2010, 10:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbreze View Post
Can't you just D/L the hspl file, extract and run it? Once it's on your pc/laptop desktop you sync via usb and should be good to go. I tether and have D/l'd the hspl file program to my laptop. I did it this way with my tp2 and it worked fine. I have not tried to install it yet on my imagio tho.
no, you need to be connected to the internet while flashing as far as I know.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP, TP2, Imagio
Carrier: Alltel-Verizon

NEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNEPATR1OTS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Worked great. Thank you very much!!
Old 03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

So according to the instructions you need to be connected to the internet to get the update to work. I am runnin windows 7 and i rely on my phone tether to do anything online, soooo i decided what the heck, i imagined the program would check online while connected before actually writing stuff to the phone and rebooting it or interrupting my connection. I started up my wifi sharing and ran the tether. Hooked up via USB and let the program work its magic.. Viola!! HSPL unlocked. SO it seems to work fine doin it that way.. your mileage may vary. THANK YOU Cmonex and the elite team.. As soon as my financial manager(Wife) gives me the green light I will shoot some money your way.

Last edited by Nicaragüense; 03-13-2010 at 11:44 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaragüense View Post
So according to the instructions you need to be connected to the internet to get the update to work. I am runnin windows 7 and i rely on my phone tether to do anything online, soooo i decided what the heck, i imagined the program would check online while connected before actually writing stuff to the phone and rebooting it or interrupting my connection. I started up my wifi sharing and ran the tether. Hooked up via USB and let the program work its magic.. Viola!! HSPL unlocked. SO it seems to work fine doin it that way.. your mileage may vary. THANK YOU Cmonex and the elite team.. As soon as my financial manager(Wife) gives me the green light I will shoot some money your way.
which wifi program are you using?
i can't seem to sync while tethered
Old 03-14-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

Nicaragüense is keeping up the good workNicaragüense is keeping up the good work

the one called assasins lament. I had trouble getting it to tether(via wifi) while connected via the USB cable(to the WMDC) So i unplugged it and got the tether going first, then i plugged in the USB and sync'd up no problem. Ran the unlocker and BAM!! done!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio > Imagio Development