PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Sprint

synaptyc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to synaptyc
HTC Touch specs and stuff... http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_htctouch.htm
Just an FYI
~Syn
Old 10-02-2007, 08:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
that is the touch, not the vogue.

this is the vogue specs... http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=803

and the touch specs... http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=729

big difference between the two is gps and memory.

cody

Last edited by codyppc; 10-02-2007 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:27 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH

HChristianS is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by synaptyc View Post
HTC Touch specs and stuff... http://www.htc.com/product/03-product_htctouch.htm
Just an FYI
~Syn
....how many times should i repeat myself? The Sprint Touch isn't the HTC Touch, its the HTC Vogue which is the CDMA version of the Touch with different specs, so these listed specs are a bit different than the one Sprint will be getting geeeezus friggin a
Old 10-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: "THE NOW NETWORK"

Ya Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYa Boi D is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Ya Boi D
Hopefully it will give a much better video experience then the mogul does. From what I understand, the mogul has a directdraw issues & overall video performance. I also hope the processor will make use of the 400mhz it has. From what Ive read,the mogul has just had some issues like RAM,Video performance,& processor speed & I dont feel comfortable knowing the Vogue has the same hardware. I hope HTC will learn from these mistakes & solve these issues on the Vogue. If so,I will definitely be switching from my 700wx.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

bubbatex is a n00b
if it is like the Mogul - and I believe it is - it is aGPS, not real GPS - or not unlocked GPS (if that is a proper term). You'll still have to have an external device to do "real" GPS. But you don't need Rev A for GPS - the BB 8830 has GPS.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:44 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I have a perfect picture of it I showed to wideawake. I got it from work....it's beautiful!!! I want one bad!!!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 10-06-2007, 10:19 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
if it is like the Mogul - and I believe it is - it is aGPS, not real GPS - or not unlocked GPS (if that is a proper term). You'll still have to have an external device to do "real" GPS. But you don't need Rev A for GPS - the BB 8830 has GPS.
I believe they're referring to the totally unsubstantiated rumors that the Vogue will have true GPS that will be unlocked by the firmware update that unlocks Rev A.

Personally, I don't believe it for a minute. But who knows until the device is out for the masses.

I was going to go for a Touch... but now that I'm getting a Mogul on Monday, I think I won't upgrade til something with 256/128 WITH a keyboard comes out.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
that is the touch, not the vogue.

this is the vogue specs... http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=803

and the touch specs... http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=729

big difference between the two is gps and memory.

cody
Hey cody - how's it going? There's another difference worth noting (also mentioned earlier in this thread) - CPU clock speed.

Some Touch reviews I've read/watched complained that it seemed "sluggish"...
Old 10-09-2007, 06:10 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
I'm doing good buddy. thanks.

so are you saying that the vogue is slower (slugier) than the touch? If so, could we simply overclock a little to bring it back up to par?

can you post some links to your source? not that I don't belive you, its just that I thought I was following this pretty close. I haven't heard this.

thanks, cody
Old 10-09-2007, 06:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T

storyr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the communitystoryr is a trusted member of the community
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
I'm doing good buddy. thanks.

so are you saying that the vogue is slower (slugier) than the touch? If so, could we simply overclock a little to bring it back up to par?

can you post some links to your source? not that I don't belive you, its just that I thought I was following this pretty close. I haven't heard this.

thanks, cody
No, just the opposite! According to those specs you posted, the Touch has a TI 201 MHz processor, while the Vogue will have a Qualcomm 400 MHz processor. I'm not an expert on CPU's, but it certainly sounds faster

http://www.laptopmag.com/Review/HTC-Touch.htm

http://review.zdnet.com/smart-phones...-32465595.html

http://www.goodgearguide.com.au/inde...;pid;3789;pt;1
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue